need / want your opinions

66 mustang

Wise Co is going to consolidate their High Schools. We live in the city but there is talks about the City School system being combined with the County School system. as of right now the county has 6 high schools and the City school. the enrollment ranges from about 250-470 students grade 8-12 in each school. our City school is on the lower end of the scale with a couple schools on the higher end. it is basicly 1 really small school, 2 small, 1 medium, and 2 large schools and the city school adding to the small school. Consolidation has been a dirty word around the county for years. the city has just gotten into the talk in the last year. First the county wanted to just shut down the 3 small schools and move them into the 3 bigger schools. that got a guy fired. no one wants to lose their school.

then they wanted to build 3 new schools at new sites. cost would be $90 Million. there has been fighting about this for years.

NOW HERE is what I'm going to need your opinion. The county has come up with a plan to build 3 new high schools for $78 million. What they want to do is build all 3 schools on one site. there would be a central area that all 3 schools would share like the kitchen and auditorum and maybe some tech centers. (just look at the link at the end of my question.). all 3 schools would have their own identity, just like any othe school. their own colors, sports teams, teacher, administrators and so on. Some advantates are clear like only preparing one side with power, sewer, water.... if teachers needed to teach at another school it would be just across campus.

At first I thought this was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard but the more I think about it it might work, I dont' know. I've always kept my mouth shut because my school wasn't involved but now that they might get involved I want some outside opinions. this will keep each school at an enrollment of about 666 each and keep us single A in sports

thanks

http://www.thecoalfieldprogress.com/

some local opinions are here and this is why I want some outside my area opinions

http://www.hostboard.com/forums/non-sports-forum/193407-3-schools-one-site.html

Strange concept, but I don't really see any problem with it at all.

In fact, from a young dude's perspective, they're probably salivating at the prospect of all the ripe young ladiez available for intercourse?

Sounds interesting actually. It would be interesting to see what the pros and cons are at all levels (not just money).

I was curious why you initially thought it was the stupidest thing you ever heard?

"enrollment of about 666"! Are they schools for wizards? ;)

I was curious why you initially thought it was the stupidest thing you ever heard?

small town, don't like to change attitude. after sitting with this for a few days I am beginning to think that it might work. the biggest draw back that stands out is the fact that you will have 3 rival schools side by side and it may cause friction

In fact, from a young dude's perspective, they're probably salivating at the prospect of all the ripe young ladiez available for intercourse?

Having a daughter has changed my perspective completely and now I really worry about this! Then I remember that every male between the ages of 12 and 30 is on heat 24 hours a day and I worry even more. :help:

Having a daughter has changed my perspective completely and now I really worry about this! Then I remember that every male between the ages of 12 and 30 is on heat 24 hours a day and I worry even more. :help:

Haha. Yeah, I have to admit that if I ever think of having kids (which is still a big negative for me at the moment) I really would hate to have a girl, knowing how a guy's mind works. I'm sure it would bring me many nights of murderous thoughts towards any dude in her vicinity once she hits a certain age.

Haha. Yeah, I have to admit that if I ever think of having kids (which is still a big negative for me at the moment) I really would hate to have a girl, knowing how a guy's mind works. I'm sure it would bring me many nights of murderous thoughts towards any dude in her vicinity once she hits a certain age.

Just remember, even the naughtiest girl you remember from high school was someone's daughter. And her father was probably just a worried as we are now. And look what all that worry got him: Gray hair and a daughter that more than likely turned out just fine. :quagmire:

As for the high school plan, does anyone else see the possibility of constant fights before and after school between the rivals? Hell, our two high schools were on opposite sides of town and we still had guys getting out of class and heading across town to "kick some dicks ass" that had pissed him off or stole his girlfriend or whatever. The schools are always going to need some heavy duty security around.