Lionsex - Get It...

Jez

I replied earlier too, site was down for a while this afternoon, must have wiped this morning's posts.

Music on this is pretty good - I especially like 'Used To Be', very nice. But as others have said, the vocals don't work. They ruin the songs for me - like a singer from a band like The Cure or Jesus & Mary Chain droning over decent hard rock music.

And as for that name, what's that all about? Having sex with lions? Lions having sex? Having sex like lions? :lol:

I'm sure i made a couple of replies to this thread earlier :s

nothing i can see about the band ....

only that you were in it, learnt everything and got the boot.

just wondering how you got tied up with such a band as it doesn't seem your scene.

Yeah my post was about the band :P

I dunno tbh, i listen to alot of music anyway and when i found out that they were looking for a guitarist i jumped on the chance, they have the look, and i was a fan of the music....the singer is obviously the goth one, the bassist (Jez's mate Davy) is a huge Manson fan but generally the idea for them was glam rock with other rock influences thrown in.....i loved that, and i'd hoped to bring a Slash kind of sound to the fold, the late 80s sleaze scene...their biggest influences are bands like GnR, Kiss, Motley Crue etc...

but in terms of their music, i really liked Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy (best song on the album), Heartache, M.I.A and Rip Off Britain :)

I don't think i got a decent chance, to this day....but i gotta say, they're damn good :tumbsup: i was proud to call myself a member even if it was just for a week :)

just annoys me that they couldnt give me a few more days to practice the songs, but hey, thats all in the past....as long as it doesnt come back to bite me in the ass anymore (there was a certain comment from Jef a few weeks ago that was uncalled for)

but yeah, im not really sure what the bigger deal is for me, the achievement of getting in the band or the embarrassment of being kicked out a week later :P I'm still not sure that i got booted for the reasons they gave me tho, Davy seemed real happy with my progress up until that last rehearsal (judging by things he posted on other peoples facebooks, myspaces etc)

still, great album if you like something abit different (personally i like The Cure and Jesus and Mary Chain) but i wont be buying it for obvious reasons (apart from already owning it for the last 3 months on CDR :P)

I can see them going far, and i hope they do :)

still, great album if you like something abit different (personally i like The Cure and Jesus and Mary Chain) but i wont be buying it for obvious reasons (apart from already owning it for the last 3 months on CDR :P)

I don't mind The Cure and Jesus and Mary Chain too much, but I don't like their style of vocals over hard rock music.

Had a listen to the tracks on mypsace last night, and whilst i don't hate the vocals it's not the vocal type i prefer in this sorta music.

They reminded me of a swedish band called Sexy Death who supported Gemini5 who i could only describe as Marylin Manson meets The Cure....

http://www.myspace.com/sexydeath

• 1 year later...

Good to see that the lads have got signed up to Universal. 'Nobody Said It Was Gonna Be Easy' is gonna hit the shops end of this month, followed by a re-issue of the album shortly afterwards. They also have a new 18 year old guitar player who is fucking awesome and really kicks the sound up live. Good to see the band progressing after working their asses off for the last 12 months.

Vid for 'Nobody...'made last year before the new lineup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu-SDYjfOgw