songs you don't like that were released as singles

I'm sure people will disagree with some of the songs I've picked. Although I've always wondered why some weak or generally bad songs, that I don't like, were released as singles.

Winger - Headed For Heartbreak (God awful boring song, even if the guitar work is excellent)

Def Leppard - Rock Of Ages (I hit the skip button everytime)

Twisted Sister - Leader Of The Pack (the lame cover that killed their career)

Skid Row - Piece Of Me (they actually made video for that brutal song)

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (the first step towards the boring Bon Jovi we have now)

White Lion - Radar Love (just a bad cover all around)

Anymore that you know and think that should never have been released as a single or even become a hit?

I'm sure people will disagree with some of the songs I've picked. Although I've always wondered why some weak or generally bad songs, that I don't like, were released as singles.

Winger - Headed For Heartbreak (God awful boring song, even if the guitar work is excellent)

Def Leppard - Rock Of Ages (I hit the skip button everytime)

Twisted Sister - Leader Of The Pack (the lame cover that killed their career)

Skid Row - Piece Of Me (they actually made video for that brutal song)

Bon Jovi - Wanted Dead or Alive (the first step towards the boring Bon Jovi we have now)

White Lion - Radar Love (just a bad cover all around)

Anymore that you know and think that should never have been released as a single or even become a hit?

I like the Winger and Def Leppard songs, though I admit there were much, much better single choices on both CDs. Totally agree with the rest. Especially the 'Radar love' cover from White Lion, which has got to be one of the worst songs ever.

I think of quite a few of these from time to time, but one that's fresh on my mind is 'Georgia Lights' by Southgang. With a handful of potential hits on this disc, why the hell did they release that crap as a single?

KISS - Rock and Roll All Nite

Scorpions - Wind of Change

Although they may be songs you dislike, I don't actually think they were bad single choices at all - I'd actually say they were excellent single choices. :)

KISS - Rock and Roll All Nite

Scorpions - Wind of Change

Although they may be songs you dislike, I don't actually think they were bad single choices at all - I'd actually say they were excellent single choices. :)

Whoops, sorry mate. Just re-read the title of the thread. My bad.

UNSKINNY BOP - POISON (HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

HOLE HEARTED/MORE THAN WORDS - EXTREME :puke:

BURNING UP THE NIGHT - KROKUS :lame:

BURNING LIKE A FLAME - DOKKEN

HOT LOVE - TWISTED SISTER

BODY TALK - RATT

ALL AMERICAN BOY - Y&T (like it better now than i used to)

Just thought of another one:

Trixter - "Give It to Me Good" ; so many killer choices on that disc and they chose this filler? Awful.

Trixter - "Give It to Me Good" ; so many killer choices on that disc and they chose this filler? Awful.

Geoff they probably had to flip a coin, draw straws or play rock, paper, scissors because they knew all the songs were awful... :lol:

Geoff they probably had to flip a coin, draw straws or play rock, paper, scissors because they knew all the songs were awful... :lol:

Bravo that man. :poop:

I havent got a f clue what is released as a single?? Totally irrelevant for me...........

In my book, a filler is a filler......i couldnt give a flying t if its released as a single or not.

I love Trixter and that song. Of course I was like 16 when that came out and saw the video on Headbangers Ball and bought the cassette a few weeks later. Although I had to get it from someone else becasue MCA for some reason put an explicit lyrics sticker on it?!?!?!?

Yeah, 'Heart of steel' was an awful track...

... if you're homosexual. Posers. Go eat ass juices and get eaten by a bear. Asswipes. ;)

Yeah, 'Heart of steel' was an awful track...

... if you're homosexual. Posers. Go eat ass juices and get eaten by a bear. Asswipes. ;)

Awww we love you too... :lol:

Unskinny Bopp-Poison

Final Countdown-Europe

More Than Words-Extreme

Be With You-Mr Big

Shandi-Kiss

There's plenty more but i can't be fagged thinking at the moment. I like all bands except for Extreme,who i listened to a few times from friend's cds but just couldn't get into.

Something about these tunes rubs me up the wrong way.

Unskinny Bopp-Poison

Final Countdown-Europe

More Than Words-Extreme

Be With You-Mr Big

Shandi-Kiss

There's plenty more but i can't be fagged thinking at the moment. I like all bands except for Extreme,who i listened to a few times from friend's cds but just couldn't get into.

Something about these tunes rubs me up the wrong way.

.......might be because they are all shite ;-)