Toby Hitchcock solo album

Glen

Not sure if anyone has read this yet over at melrock?

FRONTIERS RECORDS ANNOUNCES NEW PROJECTS:

Erik Martensson (Eclipse, W.E.T) has been busy writing songs for the first solo album of the fantastic American vocalist Toby Hitchcock. Toby has been singing on three studio and one live album with Pride Of Lions, the band put together by Jim Peterik: founding member of the legendary AOR band Survivor. The whole album will be produced at Martensson's Blowout Productions Studios in Sweden. Musically will explore some heavier and more contemporary material for Toby, but will still keep some incredible melodies very close to the most recent Journey sound. You can expect a true Melodic Rock gem for the second half of 2010.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be honest apart from the debut, POL has done very little for me.

This however sounds very promising indeed. There's no doubt the guy can sing and if they can produce a set of songs in the vein of WET, but maybe a bit heavier...well, that sounds right up my street!

Cheers

Yep, that does sound VERY interesting !! :headbanger:

As a matter of fact the first 2 POL releases were excellent, as far as I am concerned. I even prefer their second one - "The Destiny Stone".

Yep, that does sound VERY interesting !! :headbanger:

As a matter of fact the first 2 POL releases were excellent, as far as I am concerned. I even prefer their second one - "The Destiny Stone".

Backed, "The Destiny Stone" was killer. I even liked the third one. The guy's an awesome singer so I'd check this out, even if the words contemporary/heavier/melodic usually end-up being a great big f***ing train-wreck.

Whether you like the POL or not, no denying this guy is a hell of a vocalist. Hopefully he will do something a little different and varied to his normal stuff.

Whether you like the POL or not, no denying this guy is a hell of a vocalist. Hopefully he will do something a little different and varied to his normal stuff.

Another WET styled release with him singing would do just fine.

Don't get me wrong, I like POL, but I would just like to hear him doing something a little more 'Testicular' shall we say. ;)

Yeah, that's all that got me interested here. To be honest, I had no idea who this guy was till you explained it, but if it sounds anything like Eclipse or WET, and nothing at all like POL, consider me interested.

This may the dissapointment of the year for me, still early days yet so who knows how this albums ends up :)

? WTF does that mean? Have you heard samples? or just disappointed its not another POL release??

Cheers

Im not a fan, the only one I can really stand of his, was his S\T Debut, with Should Of Been A Cowboy! other then that, he's just a big dumb redneck!!

Im not a fan, the only one I can really stand of his, was his S\T Debut, with Should Of Been A Cowboy! other then that, he's just a big dumb redneck!!

Errrr .... !?!? What are you talking about ?? There is no such song on the Pride of Lions debut. And whoever says that Toby Hitchcock does not have an awesome set of pipes is strongly advised to take the cauliflower out of his ears !!

Errrr .... !?!? What are you talking about ?? There is no such song on the Pride of Lions debut. And whoever says that Toby Hitchcock does not have an awesome set of pipes is strongly advised to take the cauliflower out of his ears !!

:D Or the 2 Marrows maybe? ;)

:D Or the 2 Marrows maybe? ;)

or the 2 pencils out of his nose.

Seriously Cody, ,,,,WTF are you on about??

Speak up dude.

I thought it was the toby keith thread, my bad!

• 10 months later...

Anyone heard anything on this one? I can't find anything on the Frontiers site.

TH has a great voice, so I'd be intrigued to hear something new. Pride of Lions did some killer songs, but I wasn't really keen on their albums because there were so many ballads. A ballad every other track is ridiculous imo.

Anyone heard anything on this one? I can't find anything on the Frontiers site.

TH has a great voice, so I'd be intrigued to hear something new. Pride of Lions did some killer songs, but I wasn't really keen on their albums because there were so many ballads. A ballad every other track is ridiculous imo.

Saw a post from Toby on his Facebook page basically saying the album was finished - and that was a couple of weeks back. Guess it will a 2011 release.....v much looking forward to this one.