Another "cult" movie remade?!

& then

Well, another older movie has been remade. :screwy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/

Anyone know any of the actors in the "new" version? I don't! :blink:

The only real known person is Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played the dad in the shows Supernatural and Weeds and he was also the patient Denny in Greys Anatomy that kept coming back as a ghost. He actually died in all 3 shows! He also played in the newer movie "The Watchmen".

Adriane Pilecki(I don't know if I spelled that right) is a newcomer and is in the new movie "Legion".

Awwwww for Christ's sake. :thppt:

Who are the bad guys gonna be this time? Can't use the Russkies anymore cuz they's our friends now. Al Qaeda maybe? :lol:

I remember reading somewhere the other day that the majority of the film will be be made in and around the Detroit area.

That makes sense. Detroit already looks like a war zone so they wouldn't have to build (and then destroy) sets. :lol:

• 2023 Gold Donors
Looks like the Chinese may be involved this time. sm_teaser%20poster.jpg Here is a web site for the movie. http://www.reddawn2010.com/

I remember reading somewhere the other day that the majority of the film will be be made in and around the Detroit area. And in Northern Michigan. ;)

Ha, these guys are just askin' for a visit from the Whackmaster, hisself! Doin' this take basically in his backyard. :wacko: Him showin' up & kickin' some ass might actually improve this version! ;)

Fat Freddy Posted Today, 07:21 PM

QUOTE (metaltrekman @ Jan 29 2010, 10:50 AM)

I remember reading somewhere the other day that the majority of the film will be be made in and around the Detroit area.

That makes sense. Detroit already looks like a war zone so they wouldn't have to build (and then destroy) sets.

Hmm....looks like these film-rehashers are goin' for the 'Urban Guerilla' slant on this version. I guess some other cities weren't quite as an appealing target for them, er, the menacers this time 'round! :D

cdjunky41 Posted Yesterday, 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Widda @ Jan 28 2010, 10:00 AM)

sick of hollywood not having new ideas and ruining good movies.

Yep!!

It sounds like they're trying to erase the past..

BACKED!!!!! I think you two would do a much better job & with original thought(s) with many new ideas for hollyweird, whether or not they'd pay ya for it, I dunno!

Oh......& before I forget......WWWWWWOOOOOLLLLLLVEEEEEEERRRINNNNNESSSSSS! :beerbang:

• 6 months later...

According to some scoop on IMDb, the "Red Dawn" remake that was in the works has been "shelved" for the time being. Principal photography was more or less complete but post production work has been halted due to MGM's financial troubles. Production on the next James Bond movie is also on hold because of it. Seems that MGM is dead broke right now and unless they can find a buyer for the studio or another source of cash flow, The new "Red Dawn" may never be finished/released.

On a side note, I noticed a budget priced "Patrick Swayze Collection" DVD at Shop Rite yesterday with three movies on it -- the original "Red Dawn," the legendary "Road House" and one other flick whose title escapes me at the moment. It was around ten bucks, I may pick it up next time I'm in there. Even tho I can't remember the 3rd movie, "Red Dawn" and "Road House" by themselves are worth ten bucks.