7th Heaven vocalist Keith Semple is in American Idol

Geoff

Got this email:

7th heaven Press Release

Keith Semple makes it to Hollywood.... or... not???

Keith Semple (our lead singer) auditioned for American Idol Season 9 (2010) and made it though all the rounds and got a Golden Ticket to Hollywood. What happens next??? Watch Fox News this Tuesday night at 9pm to find out. In the meantime, check out the current TV Commercial with Keith holding the Golden Ticket here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uEcSZbolXo

Thanks for all your continued support.

We love playing and as long as you keep coming out to see us play, we'll continue to be there.

Richard Hofherr

7th heaven

www.7thheavenband.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHA!

I don't follow the show all that much but I thought only amateurs were allowed to audition?

It is kind of that way, I believe, but guys like this, Daughtry and also that David Cook guy had all released CDs before getting on the show. I'm guessing because they're all indie CDs and not major label releases that's okay. I don't think anyone who's released a CD on a major label can audition. Although, there was one Aussie guy last season who'd been in a boy band who were big in Asia... surely that would have been a decent label? Seriously, at the end of the day I have no idea. Clearly. :lol:

The thing is, this guy, Keith Semple, was in a UK boy band before 7th Heaven too. He may even have a major label release under his belt too?

I don't follow the show all that much but I thought only amateurs were allowed to audition?

It is kind of that way, I believe, but guys like this, Daughtry and also that David Cook guy had all released CDs before getting on the show. I'm guessing because they're all indie CDs and not major label releases that's okay. I don't think anyone who's released a CD on a major label can audition. Although, there was one Aussie guy last season who'd been in a boy band who were big in Asia... surely that would have been a decent label? Seriously, at the end of the day I have no idea. Clearly. :lol:

The thing is, this guy, Keith Semple, was in a UK boy band before 7th Heaven too. He may even have a major label release under his belt too?

Didnt he already win an Idol kinda show in pommy land?

Yeah he did, it was to find a band rather than an individual singer. He & some other losers then formed 'One True Voice' (or something like that) which were a shit boyband who lasted a couple of singles and then split. Not sure they ever even released an album....

I can't judge his presence on stage, but he has got a damn good voice, imo, and a wide range. You've got to give him that.

there have been some artist that have had major label releases that did NOTHING in sales. I guess the amount of success your release has a lot to do with it. I remember a couple seasons ago that about half the final 12 had cd that had been released and several were on major labels with big producers. one even had a produces that worked with LeAnn Rhimes produce her album.

Yeah he did, it was to find a band rather than an individual singer. He & some other losers then formed 'One True Voice' (or something like that) which were a shit boyband who lasted a couple of singles and then split. Not sure they ever even released an album....

Haha, well there you go. I thought somewhere in the back of my mind he might have already done it, but I wasn't sure. Then again, isn't that how all boybands are formed? I assume so, whether it's televised or not.

from the bands website

"Watch the story tomorrow night on Fox to see why he will NOT be doing

American Idol this season and stay playing in 7th heaven."

http://7thheavenband.com/

Wow, I obviously won't see this but would appreciate if someone could let me know why he won't be doing the show.

Haha, well there you go. I thought somewhere in the back of my mind he might have already done it, but I wasn't sure. Then again, isn't that how all boybands are formed? I assume so, whether it's televised or not.

Geoff is now searching ebay for this..

from the bands website

"Watch the story tomorrow night on Fox to see why he will NOT be doing

American Idol this season and stay playing in 7th heaven."

http://7thheavenband.com/

Wow, I obviously won't see this but would appreciate if someone could let me know why he won't be doing the show.

I know why.... Idol... noone cares!

From the 7th Heaven Newsletter:

Yes, we can FINALLY tell all of you about Keith trying out for American Idol. He made it thru a bunch of rounds and got thru to Hollywood, but had a snag in his citizenship visa going thru (he currently is on a employment visa). We knew Keith was interested in doing this, as he won this in the UK already and has a gold record from it, so it was no surprise to the band that the American idol thing would naturally be next. When Keith tried out he was sworn to not tell anyone, including the band, so it wasn't until Simon gave Keith some grief over him not telling the band that it became a issue. American Idol came out to my house and shot a whole story on Keith and 7th heaven, which would have aired if he was able to go to Hollywood. When the visa was delayed, they had to reject his golden ticket. Once Fox Chicago found out about this they wanted to do a story on Keith and 7th heaven. So check that out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khf2olFNE_w

From the 7th Heaven Newsletter:

Yes, we can FINALLY tell all of you about Keith trying out for American Idol. He made it thru a bunch of rounds and got thru to Hollywood, but had a snag in his citizenship visa going thru (he currently is on a employment visa). We knew Keith was interested in doing this, as he won this in the UK already and has a gold record from it, so it was no surprise to the band that the American idol thing would naturally be next. When Keith tried out he was sworn to not tell anyone, including the band, so it wasn't until Simon gave Keith some grief over him not telling the band that it became a issue. American Idol came out to my house and shot a whole story on Keith and 7th heaven, which would have aired if he was able to go to Hollywood. When the visa was delayed, they had to reject his golden ticket. Once Fox Chicago found out about this they wanted to do a story on Keith and 7th heaven. So check that out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khf2olFNE_w

Cool, thanks for the info. Will check out the youtube thing at home. Looks like they could get some decent exposure out of this.