Dakota Rock Fest 2010!

Evil Rick

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I started packing my bags tonight. Can't wait until Thursday at 1pm. :headbanger:

Seems like you've been travelling a lot lately have you had time to unpack?

Haha yeah I should of just left my bags packed after my trip back to the midwest. That would of probably been easier. I just hope my liver survives this trip.

Just wanted to tell all you guys headed to DRF to have a blast. Tell the little pooch I said "hello" and drink one out of the "beerbarrow" for me. Is Wildstreet still on the bill for DFR..? I haven't talked to Eric in a couple weeks but I know they are not gonna be at Rock In America.

I'm leaving for Rock In America Thursday morning. Should be there for all the pre-party stuff on Thursday night. Looks like we are gonna catch a couple of the same bands. Axe is playing both... as is Lita. Seems as though Warrant is playing DFR late on Saturday night and then playing Rock In America early on Sunday.

Once again... Enjoy...............And Be Safe.

Just wanted to tell all you guys headed to DRF to have a blast. Tell the little pooch I said "hello" and drink one out of the "beerbarrow" for me. Is Wildstreet still on the bill for DFR..? I haven't talked to Eric in a couple weeks but I know they are not gonna be at Rock In America.

I'm leaving for Rock In America Thursday morning. Should be there for all the pre-party stuff on Thursday night. Looks like we are gonna catch a couple of the same bands. Axe is playing both... as is Lita. Seems as though Warrant is playing DFR late on Saturday night and then playing Rock In America early on Sunday.

Wow, you know, I just realized Wildstreet is no longer listed on the DRF schedule either, I wonder what the story is?

Have fun @ Rock In America Dave! Maybe one of these years we will get you down here. :tumbsup:

Wow, you know, I just realized Wildstreet is no longer listed on the DRF schedule either, I wonder what the story is?

Have fun @ Rock In America Dave! Maybe one of these years we will get you down here. :tumbsup:

I just noted that too. That sucks. :angry2:

Safe travels to you too Dave! Enjoy the bands at RIA! :party421:

WTF? I was looking forward to seeing Wildstreet. Damn.

Me too actually, also looking forward to Mama Kin... :(

I hope FarCry shows up.

Me too actually, also looking forward to Mama Kin... :(

I hope FarCry shows up.

Well I was hoping for Farrcry but FarCry would work I guess. :P

Getting close now... some of you may have already left.

Not sure what happened with Wildstreet. At one point they were scheduled to play "Rock In America" too. I gave Erik a call this morning but didn't get an answer. If I hear anything as to why they may not be playing now I'll pass it along.

:party421:

Bags packed...check

Alarm set, 5:30a...check

Travel CD's ready...check

Directions and phone numbers...check

Car fueled...check

Wisconsin cheese curds chilled...check

I am ready for my first DRF!

Wow what a great weekend. Can't pick my fav part of the weekend with so many damn highlights. After the bad weather of Friday night I wasn't expecting Saturday to be so damn awesome but it might of made the best DRF ever. Hanging with the "Melodic Mafia" and getting our name, hanging with David Reece, Riff and the rest of Tango Down and getting to hang with Pete and FarCry and the rest of the Kivel crew was soemthing that won't be forgotten. Watching Ted Poley from the side of the state was another huge highlight. The bar has been set high once again. Oh yeah meeting Lita Ford and Robert Mason also was awesome to say the least.

Wow what a great weekend. Can't pick my fav part of the weekend with so many damn highlights. After the bad weather of Friday night I wasn't expecting Saturday to be so damn awesome but it might of made the best DRF ever. Hanging with the "Melodic Mafia" and getting our name, hanging with David Reece, Riff and the rest of Tango Down and getting to hang with Pete and FarCry and the rest of the Kivel crew was soemthing that won't be forgotten. Watching Ted Poley from the side of the state was another huge highlight. The bar has been set high once again. Oh yeah meeting Lita Ford and Robert Mason also was awesome to say the least.

Yep. What Wes said. Man, what a weekend. Thanks to the rest of the Melodic Mafie and to John Kivel, Pete, David, Rif and the rest of the Kivel entourage! It was a weekend to remember!!! :banger: Well, except for getting hit by Hurricane Marshall..... :hammer: my ribs still hurt! Or it could just be my liver :unsure:

Yep. What Wes said. Man, what a weekend. Thanks to the rest of the Melodic Mafie and to John Kivel, Pete, David, Rif and the rest of the Kivel entourage! It was a weekend to remember!!! :banger: Well, except for getting hit by Hurricane Marshall..... :hammer: my ribs still hurt! Or it could just be my liver :unsure:

Im suprised by how beer you drank you even felt the Marshall slam. :P

Im suprised by how beer you drank

You still drinkin'? ;)

Don't drink and type, it could kill a friendship. :lol:

He brain jus broke to do too much drink! :drink2:

Awesome weekend!! Thanks to you guys for making the trip out, I'm sure the drive here was a lot more exciting than the drive back. Thanks to John Kivel and the Kivel bands for (once again) showing us a great time and rocking our worlds! I'm glad guys from FarCry and Tango Down were able to stop over to the house for some burgers and beers ( :bowdown: and David Reece sang in my garage!!!). Such a fantastic weekend and one I'll never forget (of what I can remember :lol: ).

Here are some pics from the weekend:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=225171&id=1382324806&l=3d873af65d

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=225177&id=1382324806&l=0401031b1e

Sounds as if a great time was had by all. The pictures would seem to back that up.. :beerbang: . Glad you guys enjoyed the festivities. Great music, some beer, and good people... who could ask for more.

What bands were the highlights of the event? Any interesting moments? Fill us in a bit.

Rock-N-America was a blast as well... though I'm gonna need a little time to recover.

Maybe I can make it next year... as long as they don't schedule the same week as R-N-A. There is no way I will miss R-N-A if they have it. Way too much fun was had.