Fifteen Strings

Dave

WOW !!!!!!!!!

Check these guys out and they are an unsigned band !!!!!

They need to be signed up quick and release this material on a CD !!!!!!

Fifteen Strings

holy crap!!! kurt and matt are from the band Cold Truth! i love these guys. if you like this, you MUST check out coldtruth.net

very good stuff. they sent me a cold truth signed cd and pic, but whats cool is when i played it on my laptop, the band reads as 'minus one'. i emailed thane from cold truth, he was unaware of it cuz they also have yet another sside project, and its name of course is minus one. so i guess i have a rare cd mishap on that cuz they have since changed that coding on the cold truth cd's.

So are these Fifteen Strings songs on the MySpace site new songs or are they an old band re-releasing stuff? Definitely have the sound and look of a band from the late 80's. Cool songs either way.

For some reason my shit of a work filter has chosen this as the only myspace page to block. One I could get onto was this one:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseact...logId=307977156

If you read the comments to "Donna" it sounds like there is some sort of release of the CD. Even before hearing this I'm very interested.

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed Matt cuz they never told me about 15 strings. heres what he said:

"Hey Ed, It's good to hear from you. 15 strings was the first band Kurt and I played together in. It was formed in 1989 and signed with Atlantic Records in 1991. We ran into typical music business BS and broke up in 1993. There was never anything released. Thane joined us shortly there after, and it evolved into Cold Truth. Before 15 Strings, Kurt was in a local band called Hocus Pocus. I was in a band called Asfalt Jungle. Asfalt has a MySpace page. There used to be a Nashville Rocks page with all the local bands from back in the days. Cold Truth is currently working on new material. Hopefully it won't take 6 years to put out our 3rd CD. Hope everything is going well for you. Matt

I love everyfreakinthing these guys have pumped out.

you GOTTA check out coldtruth.net

They may not have released anything but is there any material they could release ????????

There must be some tapes somewhere that are begging to be remastered and released, because that is some seriously, very impressive stuff :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, not bad at all. I can see why Dave likes them.

They remind me a bit of Blue Murder. I don't think it'd be my favourite CD ever, but for this style it sounds pretty good. Good vocalist.

the 15 strings from Nashville therabouts with Chris Carmichael as violin / frontman ? !

I have heard several of these tracks before - the sound and production was fantastic...

I saw them at a local club way back in the day ; I'm guessing '92 or '93 - they put on a great show !

This is pretty damn good. Reminds me why I loved that huge 80's arena rock sound in the first place!! :headbanger:

• 7 years later...

That's some cool stuff. So the question remains: Was it ever released on CD?

The band:

Chris Carmichael – Vocals,violins
Kurt Menck – Lead/rhythm guitars
Ken Kennedy – Rhythm guitars
Matt Green – Drums
Roger Osborne – Keyboards,bass keys

4f6409bd1c1e3.preview-300.jpg

The tracks:

01. Where is the girl

02. Play On

03. Move a little closer

04. I cant fight the feeling