Off to see Y&T this evening!

Faron

Off to see Y&T, a band I`ve never got round to seeing.

It`s at a pretty good small venue - JB`s in Dudley. Tickets are £16, a bargain I think.

Ron Keel is support.

I`ll try and get a picture or two and possibly post them tomorrow.

You lucky bastard...have fun.

Thanks, looking forward to it, read a couple of reviews on their other British shows over the last few days and it seems Dave Meniketti has a viral infection of some sort and he`s been struggling with his vocals, but is soldiering on!

You lucky bastard...have fun.

Thanks, looking forward to it, read a couple of reviews on their other British shows over the last few days and it seems Dave Meniketti has a viral infection of some sort and he`s been struggling with his vocals, but is soldiering on!

Hopefully he's okay when you see him.

Y&T is one of my fav bands of all time but have never had the chance to see them as they never toured the midwest when I was still going to shows often and they had been broken up off and on throughout the 90's. The live DVD I have of them is awesome and if that's any indication they seem to be one hell of a live band. :headbanger:

Have a great time Faron!!! :tumbsup:

Cheers Dominick, must remember my ear defenders as I`m not as young as I was! :crazy:

Have a blast mate. I would have been there, but I couldn't get the time off work (for obvious reasons). Enjoy :drink:

Have a blast mate. I would have been there, but I couldn't get the time off work as you may have heard it is a bit hectic there at the moment ;) . Enjoy :drink:

Had a great evening, pretty close, not too crammed and standing directly behind the world`s smelliest person. :puke:

Ron Keel was the special guest (support)he came across as a funny, very likeable person.

He basically played an acoustic set of his last 25 years or so.

I only knew Because The Night, Shooting Star and he played a snippet of Heaven And Hell after mentioning he was part of the Black Sabbath for three days, didn`t tour, didn`t record but partied very hard. B)

Y&T came on about 9pm and played for two hours and five mins.

They were excellent, Dave`s voice sounded great considering he`s been ill over the last few days, his guitar was spot on, even though to be honest, I had to imagine the solo`s as his guitar was a little drowned out.

They really seemed to enjoy themselves on stage, Dave`s banter was great, interacting very well with the crowd.

Phil Kennemore is a funny looking bloke, he looks a little scary close up but he was funny!

John Nymann was always smiling, really enjoying himself, the drummer reminded me a little of Leonard Haze - a large gent.

Set List in no particular order......

Opened with From The Moon

Open Fire

Dirty Girl

Squeeze

Rescue Me

Hurricane

Knock You Out (Dave did an inpromptu version of this, then the band kicked in for about 30 seconds)

I Believe In You

Don`t Wanna Lose

Hell Or High Water

Forever

Black Tiger

Mean Streak

Straight Thru The Heart

Midnight In Tokyo

Hang `Em High

Summertime Girls

Contagious

Eyes Of A Stranger

I`ll Cry For You

Took some photos, not sure if they`re much cop, might post them if I get chance.

Nice one Faron. Sounds awesome. Nothing from the 'Ten' album?

Unfortunately not and nothing surprisingly off In Rock We Trust!

Great Pics, thanks for the review Faron. Glad you enjoyed the show. Its good that they are still around. Such a great band!! And playing 2 hours really isnt bad. They have a lot of songs to choose from and playing almost 2 albums worth seems about right. I dont think too many bands play much over 2 hours, if that long. Do they? :unsure:

Great Pics, thanks for the review Faron. Glad you enjoyed the show. Its good that they are still around. Such a great band!! And playing 2 hours really isnt bad. They have a lot of songs to choose from and playing almost 2 albums worth seems about right. I dont think too many bands play much over 2 hours, if that long. Do they? :unsure:

Yeah, I didn't think of that when I saw it, but that is a long set. Awesome stuff.