"V" the new tv series

66 mustang

anyone going to watch this remake?

If for no other reason than Elizabeth Mitchell....

I was a big geek for the original "V" (had both mini-series on tape, a whole bunch of paperback novels, every issue of the short lived comic book series, etc.) so I am definitely going to give this new version a look. I just hope they don't f*ck up another treasured childhood memory the way Sci-Fi f*cked up "Battlestar Galactica" for me :lol:

I was a big geek for the original "V" (had both mini-series on tape, a whole bunch of paperback novels, every issue of the short lived comic book series, etc.) so I am definitely going to give this new version a look. I just hope they don't f*ck up another treasured childhood memory the way Sci-Fi f*cked up "Battlestar Galactica" for me :lol:

You didn't like the BG remake...... :yikes: ...I thought it was the best SciFi series that I've seen since Babylon 5... :bowdown:

You didn't like the BG remake...... :yikes: ...I thought it was the best SciFi series that I've seen since Babylon 5... :bowdown:

Don't get me wrong, the "Galactica" reboot was VERY well done... excellent visuals and scriptwriting...it just wasn't what I wanted to see. I'm too attached to that cheesy-but-great original 1970s version.

Don't get me wrong, the "Galactica" reboot was VERY well done... excellent visuals and scriptwriting...it just wasn't what I wanted to see. I'm too attached to that cheesy-but-great original 1970s version.

Call me an idiot, a retard or just plain slow but I didn't know that that the newer series was a remake. :anon:

so you didn't know the originlally Starbuck was a white guy, Boomer was a black buy, Tigh was a black guy. Apollo was a do the right thing kind of guy all the time, kind of what Helo represented in the new series. you didn't know that the actor who played Zarick played Apollo in the 70's BSG? You didn't know Rick Springfield played Zack? Baltar wanted to help the Cylons (there were no human Cylons either)

check out the opening credits from back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHD1uPVkyk0

Call me an idiot, a retard or just plain slow but I didn't know that that the newer series was a remake. :anon:

You shittin' me Wes? You didn't know there was an "old" Battlestar Galactica? Ran on ABC for about a year and a half, two years starting in '78. I was eight years old at the time and it BLEW MY F*CKING MIND. Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT! I had action figures, comic books, paperbacks, anything I could get my hands on that was related to the show. I believe I may have cried when it was cancelled. :crying:

battlestar_galactica_19781.jpg:bowdown:

I am still trying to figure out how to swing buying the DVD set of the entire original series (housed in a case shaped like a Cylon Centurian's helmet) without my wife finding it and stapling my nuts to my forehead when she finds out how much it cost... :lol:

You shittin' me Wes? You didn't know there was an "old" Battlestar Galactica? Ran on ABC for about a year and a half, two years starting in '78. I was eight years old at the time and it BLEW MY F*CKING MIND. Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT! I had action figures, comic books, paperbacks, anything I could get my hands on that was related to the show. I believe I may have cried when it was cancelled. :crying:

I am still trying to figure out how to swing buying the DVD set of the entire original series (housed in a case shaped like a Cylon Centurian's helmet) without my wife finding it and stapling my nuts to my forehead when she finds out how much it cost... :lol:

I must admit to loving the original series as well...it was no Star Wars which is where it got it's inspiration but it was the best and I think only SciFi show on at that time.....it is rather hard to watch today though considering how hokey it looks....

As I've always maintained, Starbuck liked tits; he didn't need to wear 'em. As a rule, I despise remakes - shows a great lack of creativity to ape something that's been done before.

• 1 month later...

The latest news is the ABC will only air the first 4 episodes in November and then hold off on the rest of the season until after March when the Winter Olympics is over. If that doesn't say "cancelled" then I don't what does. It's hard for me to understand why networks make these decsions before the first episode ever airs.

Should I mention now that I HAVE that DVD Box set??? :whistle:

Should you bite my crank??? :lol:

The latest news is the ABC will only air the first 4 episodes in November and then hold off on the rest of the season until after March when the Winter Olympics is over. If that doesn't say "cancelled" then I don't what does. It's hard for me to understand why networks make these decsions before the first episode ever airs.

Shoot. Yea, that's not exactly a vote of confidence from the network is it?? :unsure:

Should you bite my crank??? :lol:

Shoot. Yea, that's not exactly a vote of confidence from the network is it?? :unsure:

They are also not calling the visitors "Aliens" and from what I read it is due to fear that the show won't go over well just as "Invasion" didn't do well and that any talk of aliens will alienate(no pun intended)viewers.

They are also not calling the visitors "Aliens" and from what I read it is due to fear that the show won't go over well just as "Invasion" didn't do well and that any talk of aliens will alienate(no pun intended)viewers.

Um...OK, so what, the fact that they arrive on our planet in giant sized flying saucers won't be a dead giveaway that they're "aliens?" Where do they want people to think they came from, Brooklyn? :unsure:

By the way, SyFy Channel was re-running the original "V" and "V: The Final Battle" mini series this afternoon...unfortunately by the time I'd stumbled on 'em the "Final Battle" one was already half over... if I'd known they were going to be airing those I woulda recorded'em both :doh:

Um...OK, so what, the fact that they arrive on our planet in giant sized flying saucers won't be a dead giveaway that they're "aliens?" Where do they want people to think they came from, Brooklyn? :unsure:

By the way, SyFy Channel was re-running the original "V" and "V: The Final Battle" mini series this afternoon...unfortunately by the time I'd stumbled on 'em the "Final Battle" one was already half over... if I'd known they were going to be airing those I woulda recorded'em both :doh:

My wife watched all of those old ones today.

She's always loved this series.

I'm recording it right now to watch later (its start time conflicted with my kids' bed time... which is SUPPOSED to BE 8 PM, but of course they never go quietly...). Now the challenge is finding time to actually watch it...

I have to say overall that was a pretty quick hour of TV. I was disappointed to look up and see only 10 minutes left.

I'm not sure I will enjoy another mother/son plot but since it appears they will be against eachother it could be ok.

I am looking forward to the next episode. The DVR is now set to "Record Series".