Back Stage?

rogerrocket

Just wondering how many times everyone's gotten back stage to meet a band or solo artist (and who)? Here's my list:

Black N Blue

Bad English

Foreigner

Kansas

Queensryche

Dokken

Babylon AD

Moody Blues

UFO

Slaughter

Aldo Nova

Smithereens

Night Ranger

Dio

Damn. Impressive list. My list is reduced to drinking a few beers with indie label artist at small venues. Sometimes I'm a little apprehensive to met the bands. If I dig the music and they turn out to be fuckheads it's really going sour my opinion of the tunes.

Not necessarily backstage but met at the venues or clubs after the gig:-

The ones I can remember through various drunken hazes

Santers - at the bar after delivering a blistering set supporting Magnum at the Ashton Metro

Kix - Edwards No8 in Birmingham

Adam Bomb - A few places but mainly the awesome pub Hark to Towler

Manowar - Manchester Apollo

Kip Winger - The Witchwood in Ashton

Gary Hughes - a few places, most notably a local pub called The Old Cock where he was singing cover songs to tape waiting for the release of the 1st Ten album (which he sent me a pre release cassette of) - had a great chat ... I even helped him out with his gear

Michael Sadler - At Manchester Poly

George Lynch and Mick Brown - At Rockworld/ Jilly's bar

Tommy Skeoch and Brian Wheat - At the Banshee - Tommy STILL owes me a pint (the rest of the band were there as were a few of Def Leppard but only spoke to Brian and Tommy).

Lemmy - Rockworld

Leigh Matty - Rockworld

Rick Chadock - Manchester Uni

Some members of FM - same place

The Dogs D'amour - some club in Manchester.

Blacklace - again a club that I forget the name of .... I was saying hi to them but they looked at me kinda scared like I was some mad drunken Limey...which I was I guess haha...but maybe it was pre gig nerves....the name of the club is bugging me now.......THE GALLERY that's it

Quite a few at various Gods/Zrocks for example:-

Von Groove

Hugo

A few guys out of Balance of Power

A few guys out of House of Shakira

But the best of the bunch :headbanger:

Jez - Lavender Rose and Southside Jimmy

Pete Fry - no idea what bands he's been in but he told me he was famous!

Damn. Impressive list. My list is reduced to drinking a few beers with indie label artist at small venues. Sometimes I'm a little apprehensive to met the bands. If I dig the music and they turn out to be fuckheads it's really going sour my opinion of the tunes.

Totally agree. Nonetheless I met Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy backstage after their last gig in Wpg. Both were cordial and posed for photos.

Also met Rhino Bucket after a club gig. Followed up their smokin set by offering me and my pal beers backstage. The epitome of cool!!

Not necessarily backstage but met at the venues or clubs after the gig:-

The ones I can remember through various drunken hazes

Santers - at the bar after delivering a blistering set supporting Magnum at the Ashton Metro

Kix - Edwards No8 in Birmingham

Adam Bomb - A few places but mainly the awesome pub Hark to Towler

Manowar - Manchester Apollo

Kip Winger - The Witchwood in Ashton

Gary Hughes - a few places, most notably a local pub called The Old Cock where he was singing cover songs to tape waiting for the release of the 1st Ten album (which he sent me a pre release cassette of) - had a great chat ... I even helped him out with his gear

Michael Sadler - At Manchester Poly

George Lynch and Mick Brown - At Rockworld/ Jilly's bar

Tommy Skeoch and Brian Wheat - At the Banshee - Tommy STILL owes me a pint (the rest of the band were there as were a few of Def Leppard but only spoke to Brian and Tommy).

Lemmy - Rockworld

Leigh Matty - Rockworld

Rick Chadock - Manchester Uni

Some members of FM - same place

The Dogs D'amour - some club in Manchester.

Blacklace - again a club that I forget the name of .... I was saying hi to them but they looked at me kinda scared like I was some mad drunken Limey...which I was I guess haha...but maybe it was pre gig nerves....the name of the club is bugging me now.......THE GALLERY that's it

Quite a few at various Gods/Zrocks for example:-

Von Groove

Hugo

A few guys out of Balance of Power

A few guys out of House of Shakira

But the best of the bunch :headbanger:

Jez - Lavender Rose and Southside Jimmy

Pete Fry - no idea what bands he's been in but he told me he was famous!

You're a Crue Slut Nick!!!

>> Jez - Lavender Rose and Southside Jimmy <<

LOL Dude, he just told you he was a bass player so you'd buy him a few drinks! It worked, didn't it?? :beerbang:

>> Pete Fry - no idea what bands he's been in but he told me he was famous! <<

This fruitcake is the worst. Tells people he's famous so he can sign their chests ... call the cops immediately if you see him lurking around :guitbannana:

>> "you lie and your breath stinks." <<

Oh - and the fact that my breath stinks has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that I lied ... :spchewie:

Sorry Dave, was listening to some Infectious Grooves and well, you know...

On topic:

Official backstage with laminate and such:

Ozzy Osbourne, Zak Wylde, Randy Castillo and Geezer Butler: No Rest For The Wicked tour. (The signed program is my favorite thing in my collection! " Rock on Terry, Randy Castillo" RIP

Ironically Winger opened that show and they walked past everyone with their collective noses in the air... Pretty pathetic.

Carole King City Streets tour, she is so cool and pretty god damn sexy!

Pat Methany Guitar virtuosa and all of about 5' tall. Very cool to talk to and so damn shy/quiet it was real cool.

Metal Church Blessing in Disquise tour, not that we did not hang with these guys daily at Meekers Landing, but got the laminate one show anyway...

Almost forgot one other "official" pass: Alice N Chains (this was still before their big blow up into hyper stardumb!), Whiskey Fix, Sedated Souls, Tramp Alley. I had the privilage of lugging gear around for my pal Jim back then, hey lots o' beer, broads and music so I was game! Got the Tramp Alley set on vhs somewhere around here, should get that transferred...

Been backstage a thousand times and met a ton of cool and not so cool people over the years, but those ones are "official".