Dirty Penny

lovetoy

Hey has anyone heard anything new from these guys ? new album info etc.. ?

Well, I really didn't care for the first one, so I can't say I been looking to hard at the follow up. I think somebody mentioned something about it recently though.

I'm really looking forward to the new disc - loved the debut. I don't know anything about it, though. I was under the impression it wasn't far off...

New track "If I Were You I'd Hate Me Too" posted on their myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/dirtypennysucks

And yes, Dirty Penny and Vains of Jenna are going to co-headline a fall tour. They have a facebook page that they update quite often so if you are a fan I'd say sign up.

• 4 weeks later...
its a great disc.. typical dirty penny so nothing new .. but yeah if you liked the first one you will be loving this :P

I like to hear that because the debut is absolutely killer IMO. Great sing along sleaze:

"I'm on a midnight ride!" :headbanger:

"Vendetta! Vendetta! Vendetta!" :banger:

Maybe I'm reading something wrong on their myspace page but it lists songs of Take It Sleazy as coming on the new cd Sept. 17?

Unless Take It Sleazy was released in Sept. 2007 and they need to update their page.

But then the new song is listed the same I think.

I dunno, Myspace pages are mostly a cluster f mess anyway.

Maybe I'm reading something wrong on their myspace page but it lists songs of Take It Sleazy as coming on the new cd Sept. 17?

Unless Take It Sleazy was released in Sept. 2007 and they need to update their page.

just had a look at that and seems they have stuffed something up :P most people don't bother so much with myspace now, so maybe their facebook works better... not sure

I got the new songs to review but will be buying the disc when I can. Good stuff

just had a look at that and seems they have stuffed something up :P most people don't bother so much with myspace now, so maybe their facebook works better... not sure

I got the new songs to review but will be buying the disc when I can. Good stuff

Hmmm, been trying to avoid the Facebook scene...are a lot of bands switching over to Facebook as their main site with sample music, etc?

And yes, Dirty Penny and Vains of Jenna are going to co-headline a fall tour. They have a facebook page that they update quite often so if you are a fan I'd say sign up.

One of their more average tracks to be honest, but looking forward to the new album anyway. Just bought it from their store so it should be here when I'm back from holidays. :)

One of their more average tracks to be honest, but looking forward to the new album anyway. Just bought it from their store so it should be here when I'm back from holidays. :)

Waiting for a cd order is like Christmas as a child isn't it? :christmas:

I just made the order today but I am already looking forward to the cd's from swedmetal

I just made the order today but I am already looking forward to the cd's from swedmetal

Christmas it is. Any of you guys know if this will be in a proper jewel case with booklet, or is it another cardboard sleeve thing?

[quote name='Geoff' post='512682' date='Sep 15 2009, 10:54 PM'

Christmas it is. Any of you guys know if this will be in a proper jewel case with booklet, or is it another cardboard sleeve thing?

I cannot say for sure but when I received their debut cd which was a cd in a sleeve and that's it I emailed and asked if they had a better quality release I could buy (like a jewel case with booklet, etc.). They said they didn't have much money for the first cd to put much into anything beside the music but the next release would be better on that front.

Read into that what you will I guess. Hopefully it is...let us know when you get yours.

BTW, where are you going on holiday?

[quote name='Geoff' post='512682' date='Sep 15 2009, 10:54 PM'

I cannot say for sure but when I received their debut cd which was a cd in a sleeve and that's it I emailed and asked if they had a better quality release I could buy (like a jewel case with booklet, etc.). They said they didn't have much money for the first cd to put much into anything beside the music but the next release would be better on that front.

Read into that what you will I guess. Hopefully it is...let us know when you get yours.

BTW, where are you going on holiday?

I'm on holiday from Saturday the 19th until Monday the 28th so I won't get it before then, but I'll let you know if it's arrived when I get back. Really hoping it's in a proper jewel case this time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, pleased to see this sitting in my mailbox when I got back, all fully signed and thank the crows it's in what I think you guys call a digipack? The cardboard fold-out case. I prefer the normal jewel case, but this sure as hell kills the cardboard sleeve of the debut. :)

Now, if I could only pry the new D2 album out of my CD player long enough to hear this... :lol:

Just got this from Amazon.com. Regular jewel case and it's a cd-r. Just an FYI. I'm not pleased.

Seriously? I would send an email to the admin on their sidte dirtypennysucks.com

I ordered it off their website, wonder how if mine will be like Geoff's or yours? It should arrive this Saturday or early next week. I'll report back.

Just got this from Amazon.com. Regular jewel case and it's a cd-r. Just an FYI. I'm not pleased.

Seriously? I would send an email to the admin on their sidte dirtypennysucks.com

I ordered it off their website, wonder how if mine will be like Geoff's or yours? It should arrive this Saturday or early next week. I'll report back.

Just left them a post on their facebook page. I think they check that fairly frequently.

Just left them a post on their facebook page. I think they check that fairly frequently.

If you dont get a reply do try their main site. I sent an email when I bought their first cd and received a reply.

If you dont get a reply do try their main site. I sent an email when I bought their first cd and received a reply.

Here's the reply I got on facebook:

"amazon is just an on demand album. we have autographed albums on our website. sorry bout the confusion"

What is that supposed to mean??

Here's the reply I got on facebook:

"amazon is just an on demand album. we have autographed albums on our website. sorry bout the confusion"

What is that supposed to mean??

Maybe it means sorry about the confusion so here is some more confusion for you?

Their reply to you reminded me of this:

Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.

Lone Starr: What?

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Lone Starr: What's that make us?

Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

I dunno, I didn't get my copy yesterday, maybe today. Stay tuned...