Dirty Penny

lovetoy

Just got this from Amazon.com. Regular jewel case and it's a cd-r. Just an FYI. I'm not pleased.

Seriously? I would send an email to the admin on their sidte dirtypennysucks.com

I ordered it off their website, wonder how if mine will be like Geoff's or yours? It should arrive this Saturday or early next week. I'll report back.

Just left them a post on their facebook page. I think they check that fairly frequently.

If you dont get a reply do try their main site. I sent an email when I bought their first cd and received a reply.

Here's the reply I got on facebook:

"amazon is just an on demand album. we have autographed albums on our website. sorry bout the confusion"

What is that supposed to mean??

Maybe it means sorry about the confusion so here is some more confusion for you?

Their reply to you reminded me of this:

Dark Helmet: Before you die there is something you should know about us, Lone Star.

Lone Starr: What?

Dark Helmet: I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Lone Starr: What's that make us?

Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing! Which is what you are about to become.

I dunno, I didn't get my copy yesterday, maybe today. Stay tuned...

I will, thanks! :tumbsup:

Grrrr, nothing today. I'm waiting for the Dirty Penny, a package from swedmetal.com, a package from Perris Records (just ordered though) and a copy of Guitar Hero Van Halen.

I hate opening the mailbox and finding nothing but bills....or a wasp building its nest in the summer.

As I noted in my PM, Rick, I hate to say it but mine's properly silver pressed. In one of those digi-pack things (not jewel case) but completely silver. :( Sorry mate, hope you get this sorted somehow.

Just got this from Amazon.com. Regular jewel case and it's a cd-r. Just an FYI. I'm not pleased.

Seriously? I would send an email to the admin on their sidte dirtypennysucks.com

I ordered it off their website, wonder how if mine will be like Geoff's or yours? It should arrive this Saturday or early next week. I'll report back.

Just left them a post on their facebook page. I think they check that fairly frequently.

If you dont get a reply do try their main site. I sent an email when I bought their first cd and received a reply.

Here's the reply I got on facebook:

"amazon is just an on demand album. we have autographed albums on our website. sorry bout the confusion"

What is that supposed to mean??

maybe it means "we burn em as you order them"

Well, I would NOT recommend buying this cd from Amazon.com. The copy I received is in a jewel case but is a green tinted CD-R! Since the band doesn't seem to want to clarify the issue on facebook, I have filed a return with Amazon and have included a complaint about the cd (cd-r). What a crock of shit. Because of this I will not bother buying another copy elsewhere even if it will be silver pressed. :2up:

And thanks for checking your copy Geoff, I appreciate it!

I didn't get mine in the mail today.

Geoff, where did you order yours from?

Direct from the band's website. I think it was a link from their myspace page? It gave the option to receive a fully signed copy or a non-signed copy. I chose signed and they signed the cover but then on the inner sleeve photo they put a mustache on one of the dudes and a teardrop on the lead singer's face... in this thick silver pen. Kind of wish I'd gone for the non-signed option. :lol:

And yeah, no worries, Rick. Hope it works out for you. What did you think of the tunes themselves?

Direct from the band's website. I think it was a link from their myspace page? It gave the option to receive a fully signed copy or a non-signed copy. I chose signed and they signed the cover but then on the inner sleeve photo they put a mustache on one of the dudes and a teardrop on the lead singer's face... in this thick silver pen. Kind of wish I'd gone for the non-signed option. :lol:

And yeah, no worries, Rick. Hope it works out for you. What did you think of the tunes themselves?

Same here, though I didnt go to the Myspace page first, I was directly at dirtypennysucks.com. I ordered the non-signed version...for some reason I've never been into having my cd's autographed. Though I did meet Faith No More in Eau Claire, WI when they were promoting their The Real Thing release and one of them gave me shit about my long hair being straight and that I should get it like his (major curls like that Troy Palamalu from Pittsburgh) and they signed my "cassette". I have no idea where that cassette is. Anyway I digress.

Rick, I did not get the Dirty Penny cd today unfortunately.

Same here, though I didnt go to the Myspace page first, I was directly at dirtypennysucks.com. I ordered the non-signed version...for some reason I've never been into having my cd's autographed. Though I did meet Faith No More in Eau Claire, WI when they were promoting their The Real Thing release and one of them gave me shit about my long hair being straight and that I should get it like his (major curls like that Troy Palamalu from Pittsburgh) and they signed my "cassette". I have no idea where that cassette is. Anyway I digress.

Rick, I did not get the Dirty Penny cd today unfortunately.

Wow mate, didn't we order on the same day? Man, that's some sloppy service.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of signed stuff generally either, but just thought I may as well. Sometimes it's cool to have. Just not in this case.

Well, it finally arrived today and the package had a stamp on it that said "Found In Supposedly Empty Equipment". So I think the post office had a bit of an issue but managed to find it.

Anyway, Rick I posted some photo's here (I hope this link works, new feature in Yahoo mail that I am trying):

http://www.xoopit.com/s/210upsyc1l2jhzpkmjnh

Mine is a digipak like Geoff's and it is a properly pressed silver CD.

I would get after the people you bought yours from and get your money back....just my thoughts on it.

Well, it finally arrived today and the package had a stamp on it that said "Found In Supposedly Empty Equipment". So I think the post office had a bit of an issue but managed to find it.

Anyway, Rick I posted some photo's here (I hope this link works, new feature in Yahoo mail that I am trying):

http://www.xoopit.com/s/210upsyc1l2jhzpkmjnh

Mine is a digipak like Geoff's and it is a properly pressed silver CD.

I would get after the people you bought yours from and get your money back....just my thoughts on it.

Thanks Jeff, mine looked nothing like that. It was in a jewel case and the cd-r definitely did NOT look anything like that. I have since returned it to Amazon and am awaiting a refund. The band never bothered to properly answer my question about the disc on Facebook so I gave up. Pretty cheesy what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone spinning this disc yet?

I am through it 2 times now and I am really liking most of it.

They put 13 songs on it and they could have left a few off and made this a pretty killer 10 song pack of sleaze.

Even so, 2 times through and I have already found at least 7 tracks pretty damn good, nothing ground breaking, but just plain good.

I'll be playing this one quite a bit over the next few weeks.

I wish band had enough $ to put in a booklet with lyrics, etc. but that is not a big deal I guess.

They put 13 songs on it and they could have left a few off and made this a pretty killer 10 song pack of sleaze.

Even so, 2 times through and I have already found at least 7 tracks pretty damn good, nothing ground breaking, but just plain good.

I wish band had enough $ to put in a booklet with lyrics, etc. but that is not a big deal I guess.

I've also played it through a couple times. It picks up right where the first album left off so if anyone is worried about a change in style they can rest easy. I like the fact that they also changed things up a bit on a couple songs just to breathe a bit of fresh air into the album, so everything doesn't all sound "the same". A very good album, these guys could really make a name for themselves if it's meant to be.

I've also played it through a couple times. It picks up right where the first album left off so if anyone is worried about a change in style they can rest easy. I like the fact that they also changed things up a bit on a couple songs just to breathe a bit of fresh air into the album, so everything doesn't all sound "the same". A very good album, these guys could really make a name for themselves if it's meant to be.

That is actually a good way to put it...picks up right where their first disc left off. And I agree as well that they do mix it up just enough so it is not all the same.

As a side note, I laugh a little too because these guys seem to be pretty good at properly placing an F bomb in a song. Some bands just don't know when it fits and others do. For the most part DP does it well.

I spun this in the car on the way home today.

Each time I listen I find another song that has something I like. I might be taking back what I said above about leaving 3 tracks out...but not yet.

Here are the standout tracks for me after 3 spins:

1. If I Were You I'd Hate Me Too

2. In Luv With Insanity

4. On My Sleeve

5. Going Out In Style

7. Sleeping Dogs

8. Devil In Me

9. Dead At 16

11. Run To You (probably my favorite track and it is not that much of a sleaze track...well a slower paced one anyway)

Somehow I failed to list my second favorite track on this cd which is "Stand On My Own".

Ok, I'll stop bumping this this thread up.

You get my point, great release! If you own it and have not listened to it yet (Geoff, I know you have it, did you listen to it yet?) try to move it to the top of your list. :headbanger:

"Now I know what it means to be free."

"Stand On My Own, you're fucking dead to me!"

Somehow I failed to list my second favorite track on this cd which is "Stand On My Own".

Ok, I'll stop bumping this this thread up.

You get my point, great release! If you own it and have not listened to it yet (Geoff, I know you have it, did you listen to it yet?) try to move it to the top of your list. :headbanger:

"Now I know what it means to be free."

"Stand On My Own, you're fucking dead to me!"

Yeah, mate, listened to it. I did comment above, didn't I? Or maybe in the 'First spins' thread. It's actually at the top of another pile due for a second spin very soon.

Okay, I received my copy a couple of days ago and had a few spins...and I gotta say, that as much as I would like to love this one, it's just pretty average to me, mainly because of Binge's vocals!

Don't get me wrong, the song-writing is good and there are a couple of really great riffs on here, but the voice somehow spoils it...all in all I'd say a 70/100.