Steve Stevens advice

DaHun72

I really love Steve Stevens work with Billy Idol, the Atomic Playboys CD with Perry McCarty (love Warrior: Fighting the Earth also), and with Vince Neil on Exposed.

What else should I be checking out by him? I haven't heard any of his solo stuff, nor have I heard Jerusalem Slim.

Thanks

His solo/acoustic stuff is really good but is a Fusion/Flamenco style.

His playing on Jerusalem Slim Is really good...much more Rock.

He has played on Derek Sherinian's Solo Release (Mythology) which is really good..

but again it's a Fusion style...

Overall he's a really great player so anything he's played is worth hearing..IMO...

I can only speak for the Jerusalem Slim album, but I really liked it.

Too many people write it off purely based on the fact its Michael Monroe, and they feel he shouldnt have done an album like that (which quite frankly, is bullshit).

Basically, if you like the Not fakin in solo album by Monroe, and you like Steve Stevens, its win win as far as I am concerned (yep, I like both).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
I really love Steve Stevens work with Billy Idol, the Atomic Playboys CD with Perry McCarty (love Warrior: Fighting the Earth also), and with Vince Neil on Exposed.

What else should I be checking out by him? I haven't heard any of his solo stuff, nor have I heard Jerusalem Slim.

Thanks

Kinda surprised that no one has mentioned (Terry)Bozzio/(Tony) Levin/(Steve) Stevens works, yet! :( I believe that there were two releases, with the first (also a great & favorite of mine to crank up) titled "Black Light Syndrome". Fantastic tunes on this one! :guitbannana: Ok, almost all of the songs are rather lengthy (over 7 mns.) but they all rock, IMHO! :drink:

• 2023 Gold Donors

Thanks

Kinda surprised that no one has mentioned (Terry)Bozzio/(Tony) Levin/(Steve) Stevens works, yet! :( I believe that there were two releases, with the first (also a great & favorite of mine to crank up) titled "Black Light Syndrome". Fantastic tunes on this one! :guitbannana: Ok, almost all of the songs are rather lengthy (over 7 mns.) but they all rock, IMHO! :drink:

I forgot to mention in my previous post that the songs on BLS on instrumentals, with a few spoken words on only 1 track.

Here are some samples for anyone that wants to check out the tunes:

http://www.magnacarta.net/releases/blacklightsyndrome.html

One interestin' & fairly new(?) release:

http://www.magnacarta.net/gtamb/guitarsthatatemybrain.html

there are more new releases as well! :drink:

• 1 month later...