Bands with..........

Wotty

Would you still buy the cds,or go to the gigs of a favourite band who only had one original,or late joining,member left in their line-up.Or should they disappear gracefully ?

Some bands do 'Stretch' it a little, but for me, as long as the music is still good, then I don't really care and will continue to buy the stuff.

Some bands do 'Stretch' it a little, but for me, as long as the music is still good, then I don't really care and will continue to buy the stuff.

Agreed....it's all about the quality of the music....

Backed..

depends on wether i like the recorded material that that particular lineup has put out or not...

i mean in the case of replacing a singer for instance, i wouldnt bother seeing Skid Row live because my fave albums are Skid Row and Slave To The Grind both featuring Bach....and i wouldnt bother seeing the Tracii version of LA Guns either, because Phil makes the band for me (and then too, i dont mind seeing a version of LA Guns that doesnt include the original bassist or guitarists, ie; Phils version)

generally if its the same singer as on the classic recordings i dont mind (id still love to see Whitesnake!) but if its a Warrant/Skid Row kinda deal id take a pass, because i can see someone else singing those songs anytime i want, there are alot of talented singers out there that can cover those songs.....i think id prefer to see Seb Bach live than the new Skid Row

so for me, the singer is the most important member of the band when it comes to gigs, followed by the guitarist.....and if both are still in the band then great!! but im not bothered about them if its a different singer....unless that replacement singer is the one that recorded my favourite album by the band (example, Thunderdome by PC69) or just someone that im a fan of (if Corey Taylor joined Poison would i go see them? hell yeah!)

if Slash, Izzy, Matt and Duff toured with someone like Sebastian Bach and they played all GnR songs then yeah id go see them.....because Slash is just as important as Axl for me

at the end of the day it comes down to this, if i like the individual musicians, and the music theyre playing ill probably go and see them......but certain bands like Skid Row and Warrant dont have anything to interest me cause the musicians that made the band what they were arent in the fold anymore....if that makes sense.

in closing, every band is different....some of them the singers are the hook, others its the guitarists, and others (such as Bon Jovi) its both....i have favourite members for nearly every band i listen to, so it depends on which of those band members are there....if Tico, Dave and Hugh toured as Bon Jovi with a different singer and guitarist then as much as theyre my favourite band, i wouldnt pay to see them.....hell, im not even sure id go see them if it was a free gig! but if JBJ and Richie toured with a different band id still pay the same price to see them as i would if it was the original lineup...

Agreed....it's all about the quality of the music....

Backed..

Yeah, backed. As long as the songs are good I'm still interested. I do think that bands with only one original remaining member shouldn't carry the original band name... but even with that rule there are exceptions.