Hit or Miss cd.

Wotty

:lol: I do this all the time !! No serious misses so far ........... :tumbsup:

Good question. I don't do it as much as I use to because of the age of samples, etc. on the internet. In all honesty, the last cd I bought without hearing anything from it was the Farcry cd. And man, what a fucking hit! Wish all my gambles paid off like that one.

I took a chance on a band called "Mary's Rest" out of Minneapolis. It turned out to be a pretty decent cd.

It's been a while since I bought a CD on a whim with no referrals. The last one was Shadow Gallery- Tyranny. Boy what a hit that was!! Still love that album!!

I bought Lillian Axe's Love And War on tape in a delete bin back in '91. I bought it purely because of the hot chick on the cover. Since then they are my all time favorite band.

I bought Lillian Axe's Love And War on tape in a delete bin back in '91. I bought it purely because of the hot chick on the cover. Since then they are my all time favorite band.

Good story. Good Band. :tumbsup:

I do this a lot with the modern rock CDs I buy from Secondspin. I get a mixed result, but the only failures usually set me back about us$0-$2 so it doesn't really phase me either way. The wins are more than worth it.

The last MHR disc was probably that Houston 'Fast in Elegance' disc which was a huge miss. But I NEVER buy MHR CDs like that on a whim anymore... well, not often.

I used to do it all the time in the late 80s.......i reckon 90% of the discs I bought at that time I hadnt heard before. But then in the golden age 95% were hits so it didnt matter.

I never do it now........just havent got the cash, not with kids an all that.

I'll probably still pick up around 30 discs a year tho....mix of modern and MHR. More than that and the wife would kill me :-))

Loads...loads...in the past the last two I bought at the same time from Muse Music in Heben Bridge both 50p

Tornado Babies - Delerious

Den of Thieves - Honour Amongst Thieves

Both pleased with I think the Tornado Babies has the edge, but both have their fair share of decent songs - but not essential discs.