Former TIGERTAILZ Frontman To Release Solo Album

dethuniverse

Former TIGERTAILZ Frontman To Release Solo Album - Apr. 22, 2009

Former TIGERTAILZ vocalist Steevi Jaimz will release his new solo album, "My Private Hell", on May 25 via Cargo/SCS Records. According to a press release, the CD "combines Steevi's trademark glam-style melodies with KISS and OZZY OSBOURNE-style hard rock."

"My Private Hell" was written, performed and produced in Sweden with Chris Laney and Anders Ringman (a.k.a. Platform; CRASHDIET, EUROPE, CANDLEMASS) and was mixed at Polar Studios (ABBA) in Stockholm during 2008.

"My Private Hell" track listing:

01. Amazing

02. Don't Say It's Over

03. Something Good Something Bad

04. Still Crazy

05. Little Sistah

06. My Private Hell

07. Kiss Of Death

08. I Don't Wanna Walk Away

09. Dancin' With Danger

10. Kikk It Down

All the songs were written by Jaimz with Laney and Ringman except for "Don't Say It's Over", which was wriiten by Laney with Ryan Roxie (ALICE COOPER, SLASH'S SNAKEPIT).

A version of "Amazing" was recently featured on Classic Rock magazine's covermount CD.

Steevi was a member of TIGERTAILZ for the band's 1987 debut album, "Young & Crazy".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=118636

What did you think of his previous solo effort?

I've got it somewhere but it must be pretty un-memorable cos I can't recall a thing about it.

I thought it was okay but not great. 'Cat on a hot tin roof' was the highlight for me.

Steevi is Mr Rock N Roll, but his voice and material is never what you would call "stunning".

I dont expect anything too different from him on this release, so basically it will be fair solid but unspectacular.

Steevi is Mr Rock N Roll, but his voice and material is never what you would call "stunning".

I dont expect anything too different from him on this release, so basically it will be fair solid but unspectacular.

If you've heard the Chris Laney solo-disc and like it you'll love this one! Laney and Ringman took Steevie to a whole new level from what I've heard so far!

• 1 month later...

More thoughts to follow more spins, but this was pretty good. Not as good as I was hoping for and definitely not as good as Laney's 'Pure'... but there is some good stuff here. Good riffs, good tunes... some nice choruses. Most the ingredients are here but there was just a little something lacking. Not sure if it's actually Steevi's voice itself. I don't think so, because Laney's voice ain't exactly great but the strength of the mateiral on 'Pure' more than outshines that. So I don't know. I need a few more spins to form a proper thought on this.

What did you think of his previous solo effort?

I've got it somewhere but it must be pretty un-memorable cos I can't recall a thing about it.

'Cat on a hot tin roof' and 'now your on your own' (I think ??) were awesome whereas there wasn't a duffer the rest just weren't in that league.

I can't remember a ballad either on that cd...