Eonian Records - Favorite releases so far?

aXe mAn

So far, Eonian Records has released 4 albums.

I just got them in the mail a couple days ago and haven't stopped crankin' them since!

Now, out of the 4 (or out of the ones you've heard), rank your favorite, from 1-4.

First off, I just want to say that I've really enjoyed all 4 releases... but if I had to "rank" them, this is what my list would look like;

1. Charlemagne - "Charlemagne"

2. High Noon - "No Turning Back" & Pistol Dawn - "Conversation Piece" ....can't decide between these two, so I'm gonna make it a tie!

3. Gynger Lynn - "Gynger Lynn"

Like I said, I really do like all 4 of them though! And I'm looking forward to more to come...

If you haven't heard these bands, I highly suggest that you check them out!

www.eonianrecords.com

I just received all 4 Eonian Records releases, but have only had a chance to listen to two of them, Charlemagne and Pistol Dawn. Between those two, Pistol Dawn is my runaway favorite, thanks to their infectious, sleaze-tinged, hook-driven pop-metal sound. I also think the drums on Pistol Dawn sound really good, big, thick, meaty.

Don't consider any of this a diss on Charlemagne, however, as that's a perfectly solid melodic hard rock/metal album as well, just with a smoother, more polished style. I just prefer the dirtier attitude of Pistol Dawn. Personal preference an' all that.

Charlemagne - "Charlemagne" is the standout from the samples so far...

now someone should give it to me :)

Yeah, from what I've heard Charlemagne is easily the best - it's actually really excellent. High Noon is pretty damn cool as well, but from what I've heard of Gynger Lynn I think they'd be my second fave. They remind me of that glam band, Maximum. I llike it. Haven't heard Pistol Damn at all yet...

Charlemagne - "Charlemagne" is the standout from the samples so far...

now someone should give it to me :)

Yeah, from what I've heard Charlemagne is easily the best - it's actually really excellent. High Noon is pretty damn cool as well, but from what I've heard of Gynger Lynn I think they'd be my second fave. They remind me of that glam band, Maximum. I llike it. Haven't heard Pistol Damn at all yet...

So far Gynger Lynn is my least favorite but lot of that has to do with the recording quality.

OK, so now I've given all 4 Eonian Records releases a good spin or two. Here's how I rank 'em:

Pistol Dawn

High Noon

Charlemagne

Gynger Lynn

There's some quality stuff here, folks, no doubt about it. Lookin' forward to future releases. Kudos to Steve on getting his label off to a great start!

After a few spins this is how I feel:

1A - High Noon - No Turning Back(Good 80's style Hard Rock)

1B - Charlemagne - s/t(Good Hard Rock that borders on AOR with great production, guitar playing and vocals)

Those two are just so close but so different but both are great IMO.

3 - Pistol Dawn - Conversation Piece(Sleazy at times and with a strange guitar sound but very good)

4 - Gynger Lynn - s/t(This one is growing on me and is good standard Hair Metal but the production is the weakest of the four and lets it down but there's many good songs on this disc)

1B - Charlemagne - s/t(Good Hard Rock that borders on AOR with great production, guitar playing and vocals)

3 - Pistol Dawn - Conversation Piece(Sleazy at times and with a strange guitar sound but very good)

4 - Gynger Lynn - s/t(This one is growing on me and is good standard Hair Metal but the production is the weakest of the four and lets it down but there's many good songs on this disc)

Yeah, I agree with your comments on all of them... bottom line, REALLY good stuff so far by Eonian! :drink:

Yeah, I agree with your comments on all of them... bottom line, REALLY good stuff so far by Eonian! :drink:

I think I've changed my mind again and have moved Charlemagne just ahead of High Noon. :headbanger:

• 4 weeks later...

#1 High Noon (by a landslide)

#2 Pistol Dawn (very good)

#3 Gynger Lynn (pretty good)

#4 Charlemagne (don't like the singer too much but pretty good)

And I must say, Charlemagne is growing on me a little. The vocals aren't the best but I'm starting to dig this. :banger: