2009 NHL Playoffs

LV KIX

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew! I think I just finally caught my breath! (Thanks Chris!)

Even with the 2 goal lead, I was waiting for that one moment and the Pens D, but Fleury especially, just made every right move. (And let's not forget the hand of fate, with all the iron the Wings hit.) But, it was meant to be for the Pens, I guess. (Though, after the Wings scored the first goal, I was NUTS the last 6 1/2 minutes with all the chances they had.)

Congrats to the Pens! You guys deserved it after overcoming all the adversity you faced. :drink:

(Oh, and stay classy Detroit fans! :rolleyes: )

While I didn't watch hockey this season like I have in the past I did watch the end of last nights game and am happy the Pens won since I hate the Red Wings with a passion.

Feel free to use the pissontheredwings.jpg Wes. :tumbsup:

So what do yall non-Pittsburgh people think of the whole Crosby snubbing Lidstrom/the Wings by not getting over to the handshake line "in time"?

I agree, to an extent, but as he's being pushed as the "Face" of the NHL, if an camera comes to interview him and he's busy trying to celebrate with his teammates, honestly, as much as the handshake has been a part of the history of the NHL, he might have lost track of time. Yeah, still should be embarrassing for him (and for the NHL, letting the press on the ice while these guys are trying to enjoy the Cup/shake hands/etc), but a "slight". I love how everyone else around the NHL tries to find fault with this kid. (Everybody complains about "Cindy Crysby", but the Wings seem to be doing a fair amount of whining. So far, at least Draper and Zetterberg have come out and said things against him. I have to credit Nicky Lidstrom for not saying something ignorant about the situation, even if he personally felt it was a slight.)

(I'm thinking with the constant scrutiny and hatred he faces, and with all the opportunities he seems to give everyone to pick him apart, that he'd be just as happy if the NHL would tab someone else to be the "star" and let him just play hockey.)

Jay, I think you answered your own questions when you called Crosby a kid. That's something we have to remember, he's still young and not a 15 year vet. That said, I don't feel that it was a snub. I think it more of taking in the moment. Just a guess, but I'm willing to bet this was one of the highest rated cup series in a long time. The Pens have a young team, the Wings are pretty much a dynasty, why not make a something out of nothing? I'm sure the NHL loves this shit.