Madam Adam

Glen

Sounds awesome!!! 'Forgotten' is my fav of the MySpace samples but all four songs are pretty kick-ass.

Looking forward to hearing an album.

Nice find!

Here's some more info on this band from a poster over at Melrock -

Bloody hell! I'm starting to lose track of their name changes!

When they released the fantastic "Off The Record" (have you got it?) in 2004 when they were Agynst i was amazed that they never really got anywhere with it, especially after the great reviews it got.

Full of great songs, it should have been a killer album but just died a death.

Agynst wasn't a great name but Red Handed was worse and now we've got Madam Adam! Lol!

I just hope they use some of the brilliant demos they did under their previous monikers.

They seem to have done this pretty succesfully with "Sex Ain't Love" which was an Agynst demo called "Center" with a different chorus, musically and lyrically.

If this new album finally appears then it really should be the great record they've been promising for so long.

Sounds like this band has been kicking around for a while under different names - not that those 2 mentioned mean anything to me.

Anyways here's hoping for an album real soon.

Of those three names I think I'd have stuck with Red Handed. Either way, looking forward to hearing this one too.

• 3 weeks later...

Just bringing this back to the top just in case anyone missed it (Tim??)....all 4 songs are still kicking my arse!

Album later this year!

(inside joke) don't you mean, Poland Whole/Madam I'm Adam?

• 3 weeks later...
Just bringing this back to the top just in case anyone missed it (Tim??)....all 4 songs are still kicking my arse!

Album later this year!

Cant ignore these guys in the modern stakes...just re-listened again. Yep still delicious.

Anyone else had a chance to have a listen - all four are excellent....the album cant roll on quick enough for me! :guitbannana:

• 5 months later...

Well Skillet and Monty Are I just got off the hook...........

The only modern release left in 2009 which might have challenged these guys will now be released in 2010 - band have just signed to Roadrunner records.

Keep tabs on this one for 2010 cos I reckon this could be pretty awesome.

Due to hit early summer, cant wait!

Cheers

This fell into the 'decent' category for me. Nothing wrong with it, but it didn't blow my mind either. Surprising too as I usually dig the bands that Skidd Mills produces. Looks like he produced that 4 song EP according to their little bio. It's definitely got his touches all over it. I dunno, I think I would still prefer Saving Abel over these guys. Not bad though, don't get me wrong.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Looks like this is finally going to land 11 April. Be interested to hear what theyve come up with :-)

Did you hear the demos from last year? I assume they will make up most of what this album will be. They were solid, but not even as good as Adelita's Way, for example.

Looks like this is finally going to land 11 April. Be interested to hear what theyve come up with :-)

Did you hear the demos from last year? I assume they will make up most of what this album will be. They were solid, but not even as good as Adelita's Way, for example.

Talking of Adelitas Way - their new album is due May 17

Talking of Adelitas Way - their new album is due May 17

Well that's certainly pleasing news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening to this now and liking it a lot. Sounds a lot better than the demos from last year. Some great tunes here. Man these guys remind me a lot of Cinder Road with a touch of the harder rocking side of early Enuff Z' Nuff... to throw a spanner in the works.

Either way, this is very good.

Listening to this now and liking it a lot. Sounds a lot better than the demos from last year. Some great tunes here. Man these guys remind me a lot of Cinder Road with a touch of the harder rocking side of early Enuff Z' Nuff... to throw a spanner in the works.

Either way, this is very good.

Yeah a good mix of tunes as well so it doesnt get boring.

The one-two hit of 'Forgotten' and 'Drugs' is super cool in my book. Great band!