Down From Up - 'From Ashes To Empire'

Geoff

I haven't heard the full disc yet and I'm not sure this will be one for me, but just thought I'd make a thread anyway as they have a kind of Disciple vibe, and the guitarist sounds killer. Just not sure how strong these choruses are, though...

http://www.myspace.com/downfromup

Can definitely hear a Disciple vibe, but nowhere near as good as Disciple, in my opinion. And yeah, leaning how to craft cooler choruses would definitely help these guys out. The potential is there, but they ain't quite got it yet...

Well, I spun this and finally I was right with a "sounds like". As Mark confirms for me, goddamn these guys do sound like Disciple. I agree with Mark also that there is a little work to be done, but I'll be damned if they aren't closer than perhaps the myspace samples suggest. The choruses aren't always all they could be, but most are pretty good. Not nearly as good as Disciple yet, but a really, really good band. And this guitarist could go toe to toe with anyone in the current hard rock field. He shreds... and on every single song too (solo), if I'm not mistaken.

Travis Wyrick produced this CD.......that will give you the Disciple similarities right off the bat! Now.....I need to BUY it!!! Thanks for the 'heads up' fellas!

You guys are bang on with the great music, needs bigger choruses comments. Some huge choruses with stronger vocals both lead and gang would make this one an absolute killer. The guitarist and drummer are standouts. The potential is there, but they are still a few ingredients short of pure glory.

I was gonna try some samples then i saw they have a "DJ" in the band..

What? No they don't. They can't. There is nothing like that in the actual music.