David Reece - Solo Album, New Song

heaven&hell

From Sleazeroxx:

BANGALORE CHOIR SINGER POSTS NEW SONG SAMPLE ONLINE:

March 14, 2009

Bangalore Choir singer David Reece, who once replaced Udo Dirkschneider in Accept, has posted another sample from his upcoming solo album. The new song is entitled "Higher" and can be heard at www.reece-rocks.com. Previous samples, for the songs "I'll Remember You", "We Were Alive" and "Chasing Shadows" can also be heard at the website.

In January David sent Sleaze Roxx the following update, ""I have signed with AOR HEAVEN for my solo release which is due early this year. I'm recording it at Andy Susemihl's studio in southern Germany and Andy, who is the former guitarist for UDO, is co-writing and playing all guitars on the record as well as producing and mixing. The bass player is Jochen Funders from the group Holy Moses and on drums will be Stephan Swartzman from Accept, UDO and Krokus. My new record promises to be heavy melodic rock and I'm freeekin stoked about it!! We also are currently booking shows for the spring and summer throughout Europe.

I've also recently completed a track on the new Voices of Rock record which is produced by Michael Voss and due out early this year as well. Also, Martin Kronlund and I are currently writing for a new Gypsy Rose record with plans for a 09 release as well." Since that time Bangalore Choir have put their differences aside and are in talks to finish the CD that was rumored to be released in 2008.

David Reece's solo album will include Andy Susemihl on guitars, Jochen Fuenders on bass and Stefan Schwarzmann on drums.

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and http://www.reece-rocks.com/html/music.html.

The new song is very good and that is great news about the new Bangalore Choir cd. :tumbsup:

Love Reece. Very underrated IMO. Can belt it with the best of 'em. Thanks for the heads up Wes.

Yeah I'm a big fan too and I'm glad that Gypsy Rose has pulled him out of retirment and hopefully we can get a new album out of him every year or so wether it be Gypsy Rose, Bangalore Choir or solo. :bowdown:

Fantastic news! David Reece has a great voice and has never truly been given the props he deserves as a singer!

'We were alive' sounds good - I'd pass on the other three. I just hope there's more like 'We were alive'. :)

'We were alive' sounds good - I'd pass on the other three. I just hope there's more like 'We were alive'. :)

I think there all good songs.

Wrong. :P

Seriously, they're all solid. Great production job and musicianship but poor hooks. imo.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay now that I have the actual disc I have to say I'm really loving this cd.

It takes a few spins as it's a grower but it's really good IMO.

There's two tracks that former Bangaloir Choir/Razormaid guitarist John Kirk co-wrote and played the solos on "The River" and "Yellow". Hang around after track 12 because there's a unlisted song called "Shadows"(I think) and it's the fastest song on here with almost like a Judas Priest vibe.

They should of listed that track and thrown "Yellow" off since it's the only realy weak track.

Again this does take a few spins to fully appreciate IMO but it's worth it. :headbanger:

I've had this available to spin for so long but I just can't get the inspiration to bother at the moment. Samples left me very uninterested. I will get there, just not in any hurry. :)

I've had this available to spin for so long but I just can't get the inspiration to bother at the moment. Samples left me very uninterested. I will get there, just not in any hurry. :)

I liked the samples but I like it much more now that I have the actual cd which always seems to make a difference for me. Again though it took a few spins to appreciate.

I've played it through a couple times now. The first five tracks are great, with my favorite easily being "Fantasy Man". After that the album really loses a lot of steam unfortunately and fizzles out.

I've played it through a couple times now. The first five tracks are great, with my favorite easily being "Fantasy Man". After that the album really loses a lot of steam unfortunately and fizzles out.

Some of my favs are in the middle and towards the end such as "Flesh and Blood", "The River", "We were Alive", "Queen of My Dreams", "Once in a Lifetime", "Rescue Me" and "I'll Remember You". :headbanger:

There's two tracks that former Bangaloir Choir/Razormaid guitarist John Kirk co-wrote and played the solos on "The River" and "Yellow". Hang around after track 12 because there's a unlisted song called "Shadows"(I think) and it's the fastest song on here with almost like a Judas Priest vibe.

They should of listed that track and thrown "Yellow" off since it's the only realy weak track.

Again this does take a few spins to fully appreciate IMO but it's worth it. :headbanger:

Just out of interest, is your copy the standard copy or the Jap copy as according to his website "(13. Chasing the Shadows - Bonus track for Asia/Japan)"?

Just out of interest, is your copy the standard copy or the Jap copy as according to his website "(13. Chasing the Shadows - Bonus track for Asia/Japan)"?

Mine is the standard Metal Heaven release and that song is unlisted and is instead hidden after track 12 but I wish it would of been listed since it's a damn good tune. :headbanger:

• 1 month later...

I liked the samples but I like it much more now that I have the actual cd which always seems to make a difference for me. Again though it took a few spins to appreciate.

Well, finally got around to hearing this last night and I have to admit I've been a bit harsh on it. This is actually a pretty good CD. I didn't expect it to blow me away and it certainly doesn't, but what it does do is deliver a good, rock solid hard rock experience. Most the songs seemed pretty good to me. So whilst it won't feature in any of my top 20 or so lists this year, I do think it's a good solid CD.

Well, finally got around to hearing this last night and I have to admit I've been a bit harsh on it. This is actually a pretty good CD. I didn't expect it to blow me away and it certainly doesn't, but what it does do is deliver a good, rock solid hard rock experience. Most the songs seemed pretty good to me. So whilst it won't feature in any of my top 20 or so lists this year, I do think it's a good solid CD.

"Flesh and Blood" is the real standout for me and it's still a nice solid rock album IMO.

Probably won't make my top 10 but maybe my top 15 or 20.