Steadlur

metalmaniac777

Citing influences such as Skid Row, Guns 'N Roses, & Kiss, albeit with beefy modern production, I suspect a whole bunch of people here (OK, maybe just a few) will like what they hear when they check out this band. Click on the link below to go to their MySpace page and crank the tunes:

Steadlur MySpace page

Driving, catchy, energetic, melodic...and plenty of backing vocals!!! From what I can find, album comes out on May 18th.

Anyone else digging this?

• 1 month later...

'Bumpin' is great. The other two are not so great, but definitely an interesting band. Nice find.

• 1 month later...

Well, got to spin this one today. I'm undecided. It definitely kicks ass and I will go on record as saying that the opening song, 'Poison' has possibly the best backing vocal sound I have heard in decades!! It just sounds awesome.

On the plus side, these guys rock hard, they keep their songs short and to the point - 12 songs clocking in at around 37mins means that on average these songs are either just under or right on the 3 minute mark, which I personally absolutely love. Too many songs seem to drag those few extra seconds to make the 3 minute mark at least, even if it's not required, but these guys just play the song and finish when the time is right. I really like that aspect.

My only problem is that the songs aren't that catchy. Decent but not great hooks.

Here's the track list:

01. Poison ( 2:50)

02. Bumpin' ( 2:42)

03. My Mom Hates Me ( 3:22)

04. Turn It Up ( 3:02)

05. It's Too Late ( 2:47)

06. Whisky And Women ( 3:03)

07. Angel (On The Wrong Side Of Town) ( 3:05)

08. Time ( 3:35)

09. Suffocate ( 3:00)

10. Barely Breathing ( 3:10)

11. Livin' A Lie ( 3:13)

12. Change ( 3:06)

From that list, 'Poison' was great, 'Angel' is a decent mid-tempo tune and the closer, 'Change' was also one of the best. The latter being two of the more melodic songs on the disc. Yeah, I dunno. Looking at that tracklist, there were a lot of average on the verge of fillers here. :( Shame, 'cause they sound amazing. Hopefully they get stuck into a catchier follow-up soon.

• 1 month later...

I finally got my copy of this in the mail from CD Universe. And, I gotta say, this is a pretty damn good album. Some cool anthems and sing along choruses make this a welcome addition to the collection. Stand out tracks for me were "Bumpin", "Turn It Up", "Whiskey and Women", and "Barely Breathing". There was maybe three songs that I would call fillers. The three minute runtime for each song worked well too. These guys can rock just fine. "My Mom Hates Me" is a tongue in cheek tune, but man it sticks in your head after just one listen. People should check these guys out.

• 1 month later...
I figured these guys would generate major heat around here. No one else like what they hear?

Yeah, me too. The CD actually sounded much better a few listens down the line. Really quite a good one indeed.

Why is this band in the 'Other' music thread?

Sounds pretty good from the bits on myspace - will check outsome more.

You could say that about 90% of the modern hard rock bands we discuss in this forum. I can't recall if these guys do guitar solos or not, but I do agree that this band would probably very easily fit in the Hard Rock forum based on music and image alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Backed. Hardly a misfit in the hard rock category, imo.

I've been trying to grab the 3 bonus tracks available on the special edition version of their debut (tracks 13, 14 and 15: Run,Run,Run/City of the Living Dead/Gimme Some More) but Amazon UK has put geographic limitations on it disqualifying overseas buyers from purchasing them.

Anyone with access to Amazon UK able to buy them for me? Not much of a computer guy so not sure how you'd send them to me but I can pay you via paypal beforehand so you're not out of pocket making the purchase.

Any takers, PM me or email at shamusquinn@hotmail.com

And if anyone is a fan of this band, you really should check out those 3 songs.

Backed. Hardly a misfit in the hard rock category, imo.

I've been trying to grab the 3 bonus tracks available on the special edition version of their debut (tracks 13, 14 and 15: Run,Run,Run/City of the Living Dead/Gimme Some More) but Amazon UK has put geographic limitations on it disqualifying overseas buyers from purchasing them.

Anyone with access to Amazon UK able to buy them for me? Not much of a computer guy so not sure how you'd send them to me but I can pay you via paypal beforehand so you're not out of pocket making the purchase.

Any takers, PM me or email at shamusquinn@hotmail.com

And if anyone is a fan of this band, you really should check out those 3 songs.

Hmm, I had heard 'Run, run, run' and didn't really care for it. I didn't know about the other two bonus tracks though. Good to know.

You could say that about 90% of the modern hard rock bands we discuss in this forum. I can't recall if these guys do guitar solos or not, but I do agree that this band would probably very easily fit in the Hard Rock forum based on music and image alone.

yeah weird comment. People should check the bands discussed in this forum more often - most would probably dig some of the stuff discussed here.

I guess what has labelled the modern sound is the down-tuned guitar and lack of solos but that really doesnt exist much any more.........most of the modern stuff this year has smoking solos and really good melody.