Very cool story

manicego

Guesses as to who this could be?? For the answer, scroll down a bit - but see if you can figure it out first. This came from some site called Crazy Days And Crazy Nights.

>> What surprisingly prolific heavy metal artist/television host and reality star (we Americans only know one song, really and one very famous cover photo) rearranged his schedule to attend the wake of a 24 year-old fan, because he heard that the deceased's wish was to have him play at his funeral? He played the piano in the corner for over four hours, shook everyone's hand, and mourned with everyone as though they'd known each other for years. <<

And, from the artist's website, I think:

>> On Friday, December 5th 2008, a die hard Andrew W.K. fan named Dominic Owen Mallary passed away after an accident while his band Last Lights performed at Boston University. Dominic had always said his dying wish was to have Andrew W.K. blasted at his wake. Catching wind of this, Andrew came to the wake, and played classical piano for the entire time after paying his respects. <<

The man plays music that'd kill most ears dead in their tracks, but that's a sweet gesture. He earns much respect from me (as a person, NOT musically) for this act.

The man plays music that'd kill most ears dead in their tracks, but that's a sweet gesture. He earns much respect from me (as a person, NOT musically) for this act.

Agreed

Agreed

Okay, I'll agree too, but damn his released music is horrific at best.

Agreed

Sometimes, there are more important things than music.

R.I.P. Dominic.

Agreed

Sometimes, there are more important things than music.

R.I.P. Dominic.

I totally agree. Much respect to Andrew W.K. for a heartfelt gesture he didn't have to do, let alone think about.

R.I.P. Dominic....