New Poodles single

zacharyamelie

Just heard the new single One Out Of Ten from The Poodles. The fact they released a ballad as a lead off single is kinda weird, but still an excellent piece of melodic rock. I love these guys.

The Poodles - My Space Page

Wow, very interested to hear this. I did like the debut a lot but was SOOO disappointed with the Nordic-metal vibe of 'Sweet Trade'... bar that wonderful ballad at the end of the disc.

I hope they can recapture the spirit of the debut with this one - can't wait to hear this song!

• My Little Pony
Yep, definitely like that one. Pretty much better than 'Sweet Trade' in it's entirety.

Somebody oughtta smack this guy!

Yep, definitely like that one. Pretty much better than 'Sweet Trade' in it's entirety.

We're probably alone in our opinions on this one, but I didn't like "Sweet Trade" either. But I do really like this tune, will definitely check this one out....

We're probably alone in our opinions on this one, but I didn't like "Sweet Trade" either. But I do really like this tune, will definitely check this one out....

How can you not like 'Heavens Closing In', or 'Kiss Goodbye' ?? These songs are easily as good as anything on the debut and the exact same sound :screwy:

Awesome songs for me, esp 'Kiss Goodbye'.

How can you not like 'Heavens Closing In', or 'Kiss Goodbye' ?? These songs are easily as good as anything on the debut and the exact same sound :screwy:

I dunno, I never bought it - just listened to soundbytes. In all honesty the debut (which I do own) didn't blow me away either. Prefer WigWam....

I dunno, I never bought it - just listened to soundbytes. In all honesty the debut (which I do own) didn't blow me away either. Prefer WigWam....

I know its not very good quality cos its live but.........

still sounds awesome. :tumbsup:

I'm with you Lennie, loved Sweet Trade and I also loved the first one as well. Of the trio of new scandi melodic rockers, which includes The Poodles, Wig Wam and Brother Firetribe, I'd pick BF ahead of the other 2 and The Poodles just slightly ahead of Wig Wam. In all honesty I love all 3 of those bands.

I'm with you Lennie, loved Sweet Trade and I also loved the first one as well. Of the trio of new scandi melodic rockers, which includes The Poodles, Wig Wam and Brother Firetribe, I'd pick BF ahead of the other 2 and The Poodles just slightly ahead of Wig Wam. In all honesty I love all 3 of those bands.

In fairness I probably prefer BF and Wigwam to The Poodles, but they are still a great band :tumbsup:

In answer to Glen, those last few songs were the strongest, but the only really good song on that disc was the closing ballad, 'Shine'. That's just nowhere near enough to save an otherwise poor album.

I agree with Tim, too. I do like the debut but there is quite a bit of filler on it. It is a very good disc, but in all honesty I would rate both Wig Wam and Brother Firetribe LIGHT YEARS ahead of The Poodles. Not even a valid competition for me. Both Wig Wams's albums are stunning, both BF's discs are excellent and The Poodles have one very good CD and an awful one. Easy decision. :)

In answer to Glen, those last few songs were the strongest, but the only really good song on that disc was the closing ballad, 'Shine'. That's just nowhere near enough to save an otherwise poor album.

I agree with Tim, too. I do like the debut but there is quite a bit of filler on it. It is a very good disc, but in all honesty I would rate both Wig Wam and Brother Firetribe LIGHT YEARS ahead of The Poodles. Not even a valid competition for me. Both Wig Wams's albums are stunning, both BF's discs are excellent and The Poodles have one very good CD and an awful one. Easy decision. :)

I agree they are not as good as Wigwam or BF - that's what I said.

But I defy anyone to listen to the above link of The Poodles playing 'Kiss Goodbye' live and tell that isnt fantastic melodic hard rock. Just awesome (even if the quality isnt great).

Sweet trade was the best 2007 album without any doubt.

Great band at same level of wig wam, sweet trade is better than wigwam mania.

Brother firetribe are very good too, more aorish, Poodles and w.w. are a little bit better than the finnish band :dance: