What's your next rock concert ?

Swazi

Soundwave, featuring a bunch of modern rock bands no one here is interested in. :)

My god, that lineup is like an Aural Hell on earth. Good luck to you and your ears mate. :tumbsup:

As I was saying in another thread, I will be leaving the venue well before any of those headliners get near the stage. Looking forward to seeing the likes of Anberlin, Funeral For A Friend, Finch, Madina Lake, Silverstein, Houston Calls, Forever the Sickest Kids and Red Jumpsuit Apparatis amidst all that rubble, though.

:lol: I was thinking that was 'The Rubble'. ;)

Oh, that's cool, mate. I guess it's just an English/Australian translation issue. What I meant by 'The Rubble' was actually not the awesome bands I mentioned above, which you acknowledged. In saying 'The Rubble' I actually meant the horrid bands, like Alice In Chains, Bloodhound Gang, Toto and Nine Inch Nails. ;) You're excused.

You hardly ever get any of the good bands touring down there and having to put up with a dreadful bill like this one, I am starting to feel pity ;). Obviously the art of putting together a decent Rock festival lineup is a European and US thing that hasn't reached you lot down there yet. Hope the tickets were cheap mate . :whistle:

It brings up a good point, though. I wonder if Andrew or someone has ever tried to arrange a festival thingy in Australia? You'd guess there would be no demand for it, but then again why would there be more demand for it in the US or Europe? Is it just a population thing... and if so, why would there not be festivals in Asia? Who knows the answers to these questions?

All I know is I'd give my left testicle to have a festival like the ones you guys get to go to over here in Australia. But it doesn't happen so we take what we can get, and as long as I get to see those few bands I want to see I will be pretty happy. It wasn't too cheap, but if I get to see all 8 bands I want to see it'll work out at about $15 per band, which is pretty good. And then there are about a dozen other bands I'd see if I was there. :)

It brings up a good point, though. I wonder if Andrew or someone has ever tried to arrange a festival thingy in Australia? You'd guess there would be no demand for it, but then again why would there be more demand for it in the US or Europe? Is it just a population thing... and if so, why would there not be festivals in Asia? Who knows the answers to these questions?

All I know is I'd give my left testicle to have a festival like the ones you guys get to go to over here in Australia. But it doesn't happen so we take what we can get, and as long as I get to see those few bands I want to see I will be pretty happy. It wasn't too cheap, but if I get to see all 8 bands I want to see it'll work out at about $15 per band, which is pretty good. And then there are about a dozen other bands I'd see if I was there. :)

It is a genuine shame you miss out on so many good bands down there. There are BIG advantages of living in cold countries ;)

I may have a slim chance of getting a comp ticket to the Metallica show at the Prudential Center in Newark this Saturday. If it happens, it'd be a frickin' trip and a half I think... I haven't seen (or given a shit) about Metallica since the Black Album tour... but the set lists I've seen for this tour thus far have been heavy on the old-school stuff so it might be fun... and besides, if I'm getting in for nothin' then at least Lars won't be buying any f**kin' abstract art with my money :rofl2:

Got a call from my buddy last night... we are indeed "in" for Saturday's Metallica show. This should be fun. I am soooo gonna be the annoying old guy in the 20-year-old "Justice" tour t-shirt who yells for songs from "Kill'Em All" and various obscure B-sides all night long. :whistle:

I may have a slim chance of getting a comp ticket to the Metallica show at the Prudential Center in Newark this Saturday. If it happens, it'd be a frickin' trip and a half I think... I haven't seen (or given a shit) about Metallica since the Black Album tour... but the set lists I've seen for this tour thus far have been heavy on the old-school stuff so it might be fun... and besides, if I'm getting in for nothin' then at least Lars won't be buying any f**kin' abstract art with my money :rofl2:

Got a call from my buddy last night... we are indeed "in" for Saturday's Metallica show. This should be fun. I am soooo gonna be the annoying old guy in the 20-year-old "Justice" tour t-shirt who yells for songs from "Kill'Em All" and various obscure B-sides all night long. :whistle:

"KILLING TIME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"BREADFAN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SMALL HOURS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ever seen the "Simpsons" episode where Homer goes to the state fair and Bachman Turner Overdrive are playing? He starts yelling "TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS!" over and over again. One of the BTO guys sez "I assure you sir, we're going to play that, but first we'd like to play something off our new album..." and Homer interrupts "OHH NO! NO NEW CRAP! TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS! RIGHT NOW!" and doesnt' stop till they finally shrug their shoulders and play it. :rofl: That's gonna be me on Saturday.

You ever seen the "Simpsons" episode where Homer goes to the state fair and Bachman Turner Overdrive are playing? He starts yelling "TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS!" over and over again. One of the BTO guys sez "I assure you sir, we're going to play that, but first we'd like to play something off our new album..." and Homer interrupts "OHH NO! NO NEW CRAP! TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS! RIGHT NOW!" and doesnt' stop till they finally shrug their shoulders and play it. :rofl: That's gonna be me on Saturday.

Hahaha...Have a Good time Keef.... :banger:

Hahaha...Have a Good time Keef.... :banger:

I'm sure I shall... even though I'm nowhere near the Metallica fan I used to be, a free ticket is never turned away... besides, it's a much needed, way overdue night out without wife and kids...

I'll file a report here sometime after the show of course!!

Well!

It's back on for tuesday night at the Mercury lounge in New York. My friend has an extra ticket and I'm going to see THE ANSWER :banger:

Here's another show I'm thinking about going to. FRANKENSTEIN 3000, BLUE SCARLET (Featuring members of B.O.C., ALICE COOPER, and RITCHIE SCARLET), TUFF DARTS and the NEW YORK DOLLS at the STONE PONY :beerbang:

Looking forward to both shows!!!