Cracked CDs in the mail

Stefan

Just wondering if anyone ever got a broken CD in the mail? I received 2 CDs from Steve (Studboy) and one of the disc was cracked. Not meaning to put Steve in a bad light 'cause I insisted on sending them without cases. The risk was on me. Kudos to him for refunding the shipment cost for that CD.

Anyway, the CD was cracked from the outer edge straight to the hole in the centre. See picture below:

heavypettin-brokencd0001.jpg

This is the first one that got broken of the hundreds and hundreds of CDs I have received through the mail.

Of course plenty of cases, inserts & booklets have been damaged throughout the years but not one single CD damaged.

So anyone else got a story about a damaged CD to tell?

That's a funny crack !

No, luckily that hasn't happened to me yet. No broken CD's whatsover. So far none of them were lost in the mail either (knock on wood ... !). Only one DVD did not arrive, in all these years.

I sure hope it stays this way !

The worst that's ever happened to me was a package of CDs that was sent from Illinois took three and a half weeks (!) to finally reach me in Jersey.

The worst that's ever happened to me was a package of CDs that was sent from Illinois took three and a half weeks (!) to finally reach me in Jersey.

Those weren't from me were they? :blink:

No, it was a pack of promos from the Detritus editor, a few years back... he mailed out the package and after a week he e-mailed me to see if I'd gotten the CDs. I was like "what CDs?" ... we went back and forth like that every couple of days via e-mail for another two weeks till they finally showed up...

Those weren't from me were they? :blink:

No, it was a pack of promos from the Detritus editor, a few years back... he mailed out the package and after a week he e-mailed me to see if I'd gotten the CDs. I was like "what CDs?" ... we went back and forth like that every couple of days via e-mail for another two weeks till they finally showed up...

Glad it wasn't me.

It's bad enough out here in Wyoming dealing with the pony express. :lol:

No broken CDs only broken cases.....a few have been lost... at least I think they were lost sometimes it's hard to tell if you're getting screwed or not....anyway I haven't had a lost CD in the last several years since it became obvious that eBay sides with the buyer when a package doesn't show up...funny how that seems to have worked out...probably just a coincidence.... :)

Wow, holy shit. That's a decent break. I think I did actually have one broken CD at one point, but it was a long, long time ago and I just can't think of the incident at all. Or maybe I'm thinking of the one I broke in the back of my car? Who knows...

I've had a cd break in the mail before.

Also had a couple of records break in the mail...

one was a bon jovi record considered one of the rarest around (SHe Don;'t Know Me UK promo in brown p/s - usually sells anywhere betwqeen $100-$300). Luckily enough I found someone else selling the same record without the sleeve and picked it up for peanuts, to complete the package.

Just wanted everyone to know that I work for the Post Office as a letter carrier (no dog bite jokes, please) & you'd be surprised at some of the packages I've seen people send out. Things not packed well & moving around...When I was buying & selling cd's on Ebay, I never had anything broken or lost in the mail (ok a couple of lost claims but they were from suspicious buyers). When buying or selling always use delivery confirmation or insure it if it's valuable..that way you are protected. Also if you have things shipped 'media mail' or 'parcel post' it does take longer because it's cheaper...And if at all possible I wouldn't recommend shipping cd's by themselves w/o the case....

Just wondering if anyone ever got a broken CD in the mail? I received 2 CDs from Steve (Studboy) and one of the disc was cracked. Not meaning to put Steve in a bad light 'cause I insisted on sending them without cases. The risk was on me. Kudos to him for refunding the shipment cost for that CD.

Anyway, the CD was cracked from the outer edge straight to the hole in the centre. See picture below:

This is the first one that got broken of the hundreds and hundreds of CDs I have received through the mail.

Of course plenty of cases, inserts & booklets have been damaged throughout the years but not one single CD damaged.

Yeah, this really sucks cuz the CD was like new when I sent it. However, I sent this CD to backster for free cuz it was a bootleg (along with a bootleg copy of Icon - Right Between The Eyes for free as well). So I guess God decided to take his wrath out on it since it was a boot.

Yeah, this really sucks cuz the CD was like new when I sent it. However, I sent this CD to backster for free cuz it was a bootleg (along with a bootleg copy of Icon - Right Between The Eyes for free as well). So I guess God decided to take his wrath out on it since it was a boot.

:lol:

Let's see when the Icon disc gets struck by lightning ;)

The first time I got Less Dress - Love Industry CD........ it arrived pretty much smashed to pieces....... I had paid $250 usd..... Fortunately I picked up the CD for 9 Euroes the second time around.. :beerbang:

Did you get the money back? The $250?

Fuckin' great thread!

Only once from an idiot German. It was Mystic Force's - A Step Beyond :

stepue1.jpg

I don't want to tell his name though. Packages without cases from a member of this forum also (don't want to tell his name too) is a 50-50 to get broken into 1 million pieces... I'm scared to death...

A little off topic, but one time I bought UFO's Phenomenon cd at a local store....sealed. When I opened it there was no cd in the case. I wasn't to sure if they would believe me when I asked for a replacement. but they did without any questions so no bidg deal.

One other time I got a cd from the same store that had a blue ink spot on it and it wouldn't play.

Never got any cracked ones though.

Back in November we did a promo mailing (no jewel case) - 100 CD's sent out - 30 (that's right, THIRTY) broken.

I've had maybe 2 or 3 CD's get broken in 20 years but this was unreal. Steve from Live4Metal and Jonathan from Metal Hammer both told me that, not only were theirs broken, they were SHATTERED.

Un-freakin-believable.