Favorite Pair A Dice song?

Pair A Dice  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pair A Dice has a 6-song EP (if you wanna call it that) that was released by Retrospect Records.

They played a major role in the L.A. hair metal scene, and I have to say that I'm lovin' the album!

Just got it today actually...I can't wait till they release another album! They're suppost to this year I think...

Anyway, does anyone else have this? And if so, what's your favorite song off of it?

I really like every song on it, but I'd have to say that my favorite is "Where's Jenny"! Now ask me tommorow, and it might be a different one! haha

^ Alright, that's your opinion and I respect it.

But in my opinion, these guys were/are really talented. Guitarist Dave Marshall actually went on to play on Vince Neil's 1993 solo album, "Exposed"! Which is a fantastic album, IMO. And the other guitarist, Billy D'Vette joined Marc Ferrari's Cold Sweat..too bad they didn't get to release a second album.

I really like Pair A Dice, but that's cool though if you don't.

I bought it when it first came out on Retrospect and I love it.

It's nothing mind blowing or original but it is very good Hair Metal and I don't see it being Overrated as Jarred put it.

I'm also looking forward to a follow up release.

And yes Billy D'Vette did join Cold Sweat, but by that time it was Sweating Bullets not Cold Sweat, and it wasn't Marc Ferrari's Cold Sweat anymore since he in fact replaced Marc Ferrari.

My fav tune today is "Stay the Night" with "Where's Jenny" a close 2nd.

It's nothing mind blowing or original but it is very good Hair Metal and I don't see it being Overrated as Jarred put it.

And yes Billy D'Vette did join Cold Sweat, but by that time it was Sweating Bullets not Cold Sweat, and it wasn't Marc Ferrari's Cold Sweat anymore since he in fact replaced Marc Ferrari.

It's not overated? So on a list of bands such as Cold Sweat, Wildside, Roxy Blue, Child's PLay, etc, etc...where would you rank them?

I'll answer that for ya...last.

It's not overated? So on a list of bands such as Cold Sweat, Wildside, Roxy Blue, Child's PLay, etc, etc...where would you rank them?

Just because I like those bands much more doesn't in anyway whatsoever make it overrated.

It's never really been "rated" so I'm not sure how it could be overrated.

It is what it is, solid Sunset Strip Hair Metal, nothing more nothing less, but with that being said I still enjoy the heck out it. :tumbsup:

It's not really fair to even compare it to those above bands since those bands have had their albums out for many years and were a big part of my early highschool years and the Pair A Dice just got it's official release.

I do like the Lancia album more but like I said above I really like the Pair A Dice too. Lets face it this is a great time right now with all of these bands that were only ever released unofficially or only in Demo form getting official releases. We would of killed to hear stuff like this years ago so to call it overrated is pointless IMO. Now with all of this great stuff coming from Sun City, Retrospect and soon from Eonian Records, it's great that all of these 80's Hard Rock bands are finally getting released. Sure there are some bands that I prefer over others that are finally coming out but just the fact that stuff like Pair A Dice has finally come out I think it's great to see/hear. :banger:

Just because I like those bands much more doesn't in anyway whatsoever make it overrated.

It is what it is, solid Sunset Strip Hair Metal, nothing more nothing less, but with that being said I still enjoy the heck out it. :tumbsup:

It's not really fair to even compare it to those above bands since those bands have had their albums out for many years and were a big part of my early highschool years and the Pair A Dice just got it's official release.

I do like the Lancia album more but like I said above I really like the Pair A Dice too. Lets face it this is a great time right now with all of these bands that were only ever released unofficially or only in Demo form getting official releases. We would of killed to hear stuff like this years ago so to call it overrated is pointless IMO. Now with all of this great stuff coming from Sun City, Retrospect and soon from Eonian Records, it's great that all of these 80's Hard Rock bands are finally getting released. Sure there are some bands that I prefer over others that are finally coming out but just the fact that stuff like Pair A Dice has finally come out I think it's great to see/hear. :banger:

You're correct, overated was the wrong word. You would have to have more than five people like your band before you could be called that :) Suck is a much better word :nyanya:

Of all the bands that have signed to Sams label most of them I wouldn't care to buy. The best band that he has signed to his roster that never got signed is Defcon by far. Now that's a real lost gem!

You're correct, overated was the wrong word. You would have to have more than five people like your band before you could be called that :) Suck is a much better word :nyanya:

Of all the bands that have signed to Sams label most of them I wouldn't care to buy. The best band that he has signed to his roster that never got signed is Defcon by far. Now that's a real lost gem!

While I haven't heard every band on Retrospect or even Sun City for that matter I do agree about Defcon being a lost gem. I also feel like Mariah and Pretty Boy are/were great bands as well. :banger:

And no Pair A Dice didn't suck. :crying:

Yeah, 'Where's Jenny' for me too. I'm with a few of the other guys here. Poor sound, songs are only okay. Not a great release but I'd be happy to hear more and see what they can do.

Heaven&Hell, I totally agree with ya here. :drink: