Solo Of The Day

Metal T

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lightning Strikes Again(yes the whole album) - Jon Levin(Dokken)

Levin is just a f#@king monster on this disc.

:banger: Hell Yes He Is! :bowdown:

He is almost to Guitar God level just for his performance on that disc alone. :headbanger:

Ok, I was just looking right passed that disc but I keep hearing he rips on on it. Gonna have to give it a shot now.

Besides the incredible playing from Levin it's a damn good album that has many great songs on it.

It's a combination of Back for the Attack, Under Lock and Key and a few newer elements thrown in here and there as well. :tumbsup:

One More For The Rodeo - UFO

Obsession is one of my all-time favorite albums, mostly because of Schenker's incredible "noodling." His solos are awesome, but this disc is FULL of little trills and throwaways he plays over the verses and between chord phrases that are better than most other guitar players' solos. What a talent...

Anyway, back on track, I choose "Out In the Night" a short but effective solo shred by Lars Boquist of Pole Position. Nice chops.

One More For The Rodeo - UFO

Obsession is one of my all-time favorite albums, mostly because of Schenker's incredible "noodling." His solos are awesome, but this disc is FULL of little trills and throwaways he plays over the verses and between chord phrases that are better than most other guitar players' solos. What a talent...

And that`s why he`s been my favourite guitarist for nigh on 30 years :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Great song, love the abum too, Force It is my personal favourite and the album that I rate as having the best guitar playing on :tumbsup:

Erase the Slate - Dokken

Only in Dokken, replacing George Lynch, would Reb Beach be a step down. (But it's a small step.) :beerbang:

Deep Purple- Ted the Mechanic

Steve's playing is excellent.

I've always dug that song even though it is so different to what classic Deep Purple is.

And yes Steve does play his ass off on that one. :tumbsup:

Agreed, totally different than the old stuff but very choice IMO. I've actually been playing that disc in the car the last couple of days and digging it more with every spin (even though I've had it for years).

Aldo Nova- Fantasy

I've heard this song a thousand times and still love the solo.

Still one of my fave Aldo songs - excellent :tumbsup:

A Little More Love - Zeno

I dig Zeno as well. Does not get the acknowledgment that alot of, less deserving, other players do.

Zeno's main problem is a lack of identity. There's more to being noticed than wearing black hats. I love the guy, but he sounds like a great cover band guitarist.

Aldo Nova- Fantasy

Classic, and one of the songs that made me want to play guitar in the first place! So blame Aldo if you hate hearing my playing... ;)

Aldo Nova- Fantasy

Classic, and one of the songs that made me want to play guitar in the first place! So blame Aldo if you hate hearing my playing... ;)

Oh no, definitely do not hate hearing your playing. Just the opposite Pete. So Aldo gets double praise from me today. :banger: