Deliverance Reissues!

Fat Freddy

134_08_26_2008_10_39_37_deliv.jpg

It's finally happening folks!!

At long last, Deliverance's two most sought-after releases -- the classic self-titled debut album (1989) and the absolutely essential WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE (1990) -- will be reissued this Fall in special digi-paks by Retroactive Records (home of Titanic, Final Axe, Ultimatum, and lots of other Christian metal goodies). Tentative release date is this October, and as you can see, they've spruced up the cover art on the self-titled for the re-issue. Both discs will be remastered, will feature several (as yet undetermined) bonus tracks, and will include liner notes by No Life Til Metal web master/Ultimatum lead vocalist/major Deliverance fan Scott Waters.

More details (hopefully) soon!!

I'm a happy camper because this means I can finally throw away my copy of KMG Records' cheap-ass P.O.S. "2-on-1" reissue of these two discs (with two of my favorite tracks missing from the running order!) that I've had to put up with for the last eight or nine years. :banana:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...this is GREAT!!! Deliverance are so Overlooked by most thrashers

cause they don't "fit" into the whole death/war/gore lyrics..too bad cause they

stomp the shit outta most thrash band..IMO..Man I'm stoked about these!!!!!!

Yea, man... it's especially nice to see the Deliverance CDs that everyone WANTS finally gettin reissued, especially after the mostly-crap "from the vaults" odds-and-sods BACK IN THE DAY disc and the deluxe reissues of the latter-day RIVER DISTURBANCE and ASSIMILATION albums, neither of which really deserved deluxe treatment!!

I've never heard this bands music before. Is it Christian Thrash Metal?

I hate to say it but I first thought of the movie by the same name when I saw the thread. :anon:

Yep, they're Christian metal and these two particular albums do indeed thrash. If you've never heard'em, they're similar to the old school Bay Area stuff, i.e. early Metallica and/or Death Angel. The WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE disc is widely considered to be the RIDE THE LIGHTNING of the Christian metal scene.

As time went on they started leaning in a more alternative direction so their later albums aren't quite as good (in fact, a couple of'em outright suck) but these first two discs are the pillars of their catalog IMO.

Even if you're not into the Christian thang, Wes, I think you'd dig these guys cuz they rock like a mutha!! :beerbang:

Some Deliverance trivia for you: Glenn Rogers, who played guitar on the first Deliverance album (he's currently in Hirax) posts at another forum I frequent and he sez he's happy to see that the cover of the first CD has been updated for the reissue. He sez the entire band hated the rather plain cover of the original pressing (see below)... it was designed by the record label without any input from the band and when they saw it for the first time, the band thought "They Spinal Tapped us ... Smell The D!" :lol:

DELIVERANCE1.JPG

As you can see, the new version (shown in first post) is in the same spirit as the original but is way cooler looking IMO. This design worked better as a T-shirt than an album cover.

I'm curious to see what the new artwork is going to look like for WOOW.

Me too, but on the other hand I almost wish they weren't going to change it... the original WEAPONS art was actually a pretty cool cover...though it hasn't aged very well, I guess it does look kinda comic-booky nowadays..

DELIVERANCEWOOW.JPG

Only thing i don't like is the word "digi-pak" ...freaking hate that release format.Loved the original "Weapons" artwork and yep,those KMG issues make nice coasters.

I'm not big on digi-paks either but I hate that damn KMG "2-on-1" CD compilation of those two albums that I've been stuck with for all these years SO MUCH that I'll take whatever I can get to replace it!!

Deliverance's "Weapons Of Our Warfare" Video:

weapons.jpg

Possible new cover for the WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE reissue... apparently it's not quite finalized yet.

weapons.jpg

Possible new cover for the WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE reissue... apparently it's not quite finalized yet.

I like it. :tumbsup:

The dragon looks like they borrowed it straight off of Dio's KILLING THE DRAGON cover though, don't it? :lol:

weapons.jpg

I like it. :tumbsup:

The dragon looks like they borrowed it straight off of Dio's KILLING THE DRAGON cover though, don't it? :lol:

That's just Murray, from Dio's stage set in the 80's. :headbanger:

• 3 weeks later...
weapons.jpg

I'm told that this will indeed be the final cover of the WEAPONS reissue, and that the discs are currently being manufactured and should be out very soon ... :beerbang:

The bonus tracks for the "D" reissues have been announced:

The self-titled will have "Attack" and "A Space Called You" from the classic CALIFORNIA METAL (1987) compilation album. (these two tracks have previously appeared, albeit in different mixes/versions, on Deliverance's GREETINGS OF DEATH, ETC. and THE FIRST FOUR YEARS compilations...)

WEAPONS... will include "Rescue," which was recorded during the sessions for that album but was left off the record (it later surfaced on the A DECADE OF DELIVERANCE compilation album)

Official release date November 11.

Consider my calendar marked. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

CDBaby has both of these Deliverance reissues on their site now... WEAPONS is in stock, though the S/T is already marked "Coming Back In Stock Soon" -- wow, did they blow thru 'em all already? That was quick. :blink:

Too bad I'm broke this week or I'd order WEAPONS right now...