Deliverance Reissues!

Fat Freddy

Lucky you. Mine still hasn't come, even though we ordered 'em on the same day. Guess that's what I get for living up here in the boonies. The mountain goat the postman uses to make his deliveries probably got sick or something...

Didja get your disc yet, Mark? If so, whatd'ja think??

Yep, got it Monday (substitute mountain goat...regular one blew a hoof). First & foremost I have to say, the remastering job on this is fantastic; sonically, this album now sounds top-notch and is totally crank-worthy. I am impressed with this reissue...

...so impressed, as a matter of fact, that last night I placed an order (again with Divine Metal Distro) for the self-titled reissue. B)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, got it Monday (substitute mountain goat...regular one blew a hoof). First & foremost I have to say, the remastering job on this is fantastic; sonically, this album now sounds top-notch and is totally crank-worthy. I am impressed with this reissue...

...so impressed, as a matter of fact, that last night I placed an order (again with Divine Metal Distro) for the self-titled reissue. B)

Sweet. :beerbang: I think you'll be just as pleased with the self titled re-ish. I haven't taken that one out of my car stereo since I got it. "VICTORYYYYYYY!" :banger:

The remastering is even more apparent on S/T. WOOW didn't need it near as much as S/T.

Another kudos for Divine Metal Distro, I ordered Theocracy's new one and Menchen's Red Rock on Sunday and they got here today, CA to NC in 4 days, not bad.

• 7 months later...

Newest news from the Deliverance camp is that three quarters of the first album lineup (Jimmy P. Brown II, bassist Brian Khairullah, and current Hirax guitarist Glenn Rogers!) are getting back together to do a new "D" album for Retroactive Records, due sometime in 2010.

With the brain trust of the first album back in place, I hope that means we'll FINALLLY hear'em get back to the old school "D" sound...

Newest news from the Deliverance camp is that three quarters of the first album lineup (Jimmy P. Brown II, bassist Brian Khairullah, and current Hirax guitarist Glenn Rogers!) are getting back together to do a new "D" album for Retroactive Records, due sometime in 2010.

With the brain trust of the first album back in place, I hope that means we'll FINALLLY hear'em get back to the old school "D" sound...

Here's hoping they--ahem, deliver--what their fans want and dish out a ripping heavy/thrash metal album instead of the progressive-tinged stuff they've been diddling around with for so many years.

• 1 year later...

2010's almost over and I haven't heard another peep about this supposed album. :(

However, Roxx Productions recently released a 2-CD Deliverance tribute album called TEMPORARY INSANITY: A SALUTE TO DELIVERANCE... former "D" and current Hirax guitarist Glenn Rogers makes an appearance on that... can't say I'm terribly familiar with many of the participating bands/artists, though (other than Grave Robber and Scott Waters of Ultimatum) so I dunno, your guess is as good as mine...

Deliverance_Tribute_Cover_small_large.jpg

Disc 1 Track Listing

Deliverance – Flesh & Blood (A 25th Anniversary Special Re-recording)

Deliverance – In U ( A 25th Anniversary Special Re-recording)

Oil – Attack (w/ Ron Rinehart, Blake Nelson, Jason Vanderpal & James ‘JJ’ Jenkins)

Applehead / Fasedown – Belltown (w/ Greg Minear, Michael Phillips, Jim Chaffin & Tim Kronyak)

Lambs Among Wolves – Greetings of Death (w/ Glen Rogers, Daniel Cordova& Roy Z)

Stricken – No Time

P / C / W – What a joke (Michael Phillips, Jim Chaffin, Scott Waters, Tim Kronyak)

Grave Robber – Awake

Ghostemple – If we faint not (features Josh Kramer of Saint & the members of Templar)

Faith Factor – Weapons of our warfare

Whisper from Heaven – Anymore

Venia – Desperate Cries

Days of Affliction – River Disturbance

Grave Forsaken – Bought by blood

Eternal Decision – Belltown (Marking the first time the band has recorded since they disbanded)

Disc 2 Track Listing

Deliverance – Hunger and the thirst (Previously Unreleased)

Oil – Screaming (w/ Ron Rinehart, Blake Nelson, Jason Vanderpal & James ‘JJ’ Jenkins)

The Sacrificed – Slay the wicked

Krig – Weapons of our warfare

Coriolis – What a Joke

Leper – The Call

Unforsaken – Stay of execution

Crucible Divine – Ramming Speed

Walk on Water – Learn

Visions of Reality – Blood of the covenant

Saint Spirit – Prophets of Idiocy

Bloodpaid – Words to the…

Bi-Polar Echo – The Call

Incarnate - Victory

Pastor Brad – A space called you

http://roxxproductions.storenvy.com/products/17422-deliverance-temporary-insanity