KISSIN' DYNAMITE - 'Steel of Swabia'

Geoff

To be honest, after the first two songs of 'Steel of Swabia' I thought I was going to come to the boards preaching album of the year... but sadly the next few tracks dropped off a bit.

I still think this band is going to appeal to a lot of hard rock fans here, so check 'em out:

http://www.myspace.com/kissindynamiterocks

The first two songs are monsters... the opener containing one of the riffs of the year.

Not bad at all. Was just getting into the 2nd track then it finished. Will check out some more.

Yeah, there's some good stuff on this one, no doubt. Only downside is they suffer from what every other hard rock band suffers from these days... they can't keep it up for a full disc. That said, this is a good listen.

This is the description off NEHrecords:

"KISSIN’ DYNAMITE is a German five piece taht plays catchy melodic metal with ACCEPT-like guitar riffs and massive hooklines straight out of the EDGUY-, BLOODBOUND-, STURM & DRANG- and HAMMERFALL – songbook. With no filler in sight and a great production on top, KISSIN’ DYNAMITE is playing great Heavy Rock on an international level. Initial pressing comes in a digipack. "

"KISSIN’ DYNAMITE is a German five piece taht plays catchy melodic metal with ACCEPT-like guitar riffs and massive hooklines straight out of the EDGUY-, BLOODBOUND-, STURM & DRANG- and HAMMERFALL – songbook. With no filler in sight and a great production on top, KISSIN’ DYNAMITE is playing great Heavy Rock on an international level. Initial pressing comes in a digipack. "

Yeah, I saw them compared to stuff like Shakra and stuff. Personally, I hear the dude trying his best to sound like Axl Rose, and there is a 'Pigs' vibe from Asphalt Ballet... imo.

Yeah, I saw them compared to stuff like Shakra and stuff. Personally, I hear the dude trying his best to sound like Axl Rose, and there is a 'Pigs' vibe from Asphalt Ballet... imo.

is there a band this band hasnt been combared to?

From the songs on myspace I don't hear much GNR but I do hear a Melodic Euro Metal such as Edguy on the song 'Steel of Swabia'. Either way they sound pretty good to me.

It is a ballsier sound like something like Edguy (though not quite there) but wait till you hear the dude's vocals across the disc.

From the songs on myspace I don't hear much GNR but I do hear a Melodic Euro Metal such as Edguy on the song 'Steel of Swabia'. Either way they sound pretty good to me.

It is a ballsier sound like something like Edguy (though not quite there) but wait till you hear the dude's vocals across the disc.

I was just mostly going on that one song and the others on the myspace since I haven't heard the disc.

well just finished hearing this...

the first half is plain awesome... the 2nd half drops off alot to very simple rock songs...

Yeah, that awesome Geoff guy above agreed with that.

Oh no, I think it's going to happen with this CD. The first two songs are great and the 4th song is solid too, but I actually ended up skipped the rest of them after the first or 2nd chorus already. It's not bad, but this should have been so much more based on some of those early tracks... :(

Oh no, I think it's going to happen with this CD. The first two songs are great and the 4th song is solid too, but I actually ended up skipped the rest of them after the first or 2nd chorus already. It's not bad, but this should have been so much more based on some of those early tracks... :(

Oh no also, gave it a second spin... and yeh that wasnt that great 2nd time around!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this one yesterday. I don't hear GNR. I do hear Edguy blended with a bit of Crashdiet. Formulaic but fairly well executed, especially considering that all the members are younger than 20 (I believe).

The anthem "My Religion" is solid, and for some reason I like "Zombie".

I added the above 2 tracks to the HH radio feed.

Of course the track "I Hate Hip Hop" is just plain trvth.

-Dan

• 1 month later...

Oh no also, gave it a second spin... and yeh that wasnt that great 2nd time around!

I gave this a big break, and didnt really intend on coming back to it. But im glad i did! Pretty damn solid album, with only two songs fillerage..

• 1 month later...