TKO re-issues

Nick C

Well a company called DiveBomb Records is re-issuing a couple of TKO albums which is great news....as my vinyl versions are getting on a bit.

TKO - Let it Roll available at last ..... joy of joys I absolutely love this quirky kind of album....probably my fave of the bands three proper releases.

TKO - In Your Face the mega cool and heavier In Your Face. Brad Sinsel kept the TKO flag flying and took a leaner more aggressive approach...much more "metal". He had Adam Bomb on guitar who also co-wrote the bulk of the material, although only given a passing credit as Adam Brenner on the sleeve, in fact from the band picture I think it was only Brad Sinsel who actually appeared on the album as the others who recorded it had left as it had a long delay from recording to final release (I think Rick Pierce who went on to Q5 also played on this). Easily their strongest over the two released during their "heavier period" as Below the Belt although a solid album just didn't have the riffs or the songs....but that's Adam Bomb for ya...hugely underrated.

Anyway limited to 1000 copies each if your into them then here's the link

Divebomb

But now I'll have to buy the other couple of CD's to finish of my little silver disc collection :lol:

Which one had the hilarious Run Out Of Town on it? that song surely cracks me up to this day!

• 2 months later...

'Run Out Of Town' was loosely based on the story of Sinsel being banned from playing a number of venues in the North West.

Sinsel was indeed the only member of the band that had recorded the album who appeared on the finished album cover, which meant that the likes of Scott Earl, Kjartan Kristoffersen and Ken Mary got credit for work they didn't do.

Gary Thompson (drums), Rick Pierce (guitar) and Evan Sheeley (bass) had all joined Q5 by the time 'In Your Face' was released. Adam Brenner had, of course, gone solo. I believe he had actually recorded most of the guitar work. Pierce may have only made a fleeting cameo. I'll have to check. That material was recorded and remixed so many times.....

Sound quality of the TKO "In Your Face" reissue any good ?

There were some issues about it saying it wasn't perfect but Yeah - I'm well pleased ...better than some of the Rock Candy re-issues. There is a remastered version of the album on the disk right after the orig. Not keen on the remaster though....I much prefer it unaltered.

• 2023 Gold Donors

There were some issues about it saying it wasn't perfect but Yeah - I'm well pleased ...better than some of the Rock Candy re-issues. There is a remastered version of the album on the disk right after the orig. Not keen on the remaster though....I much prefer it unaltered.

Ok,thanks for the heads up.

Just put an order in for these two. Both excellent, although my preference is for 'Let It Roll' by a nose. Look forward to gettting these and spinning the hell out of them!

• 4 weeks later...

A personal friend of mine owns the Divebomb label and will be pleased to hear any praise from you guys. He essentially made no $ off this and went though A LOT to get these out. "For the love of the music" is how he explained it to me.

• 1 year later...

Any other opinions on TKO? I nearly bought one of their CDs and was wondering whether to renew my interest. It was either 'Below The Belt' or 'In Your Face', any thoughts?

Any other opinions on TKO? I nearly bought one of their CDs and was wondering whether to renew my interest. It was either 'Below The Belt' or 'In Your Face', any thoughts?

TKO did 3 quite different albums stylewise, so the choice is yours. Personally I prefer the Quirkier 'Let It Roll' to the ones mentioned, but I know a few people prefer the more straightforward and harder rocking 'In Your Face' and 'Below The Belt'. Of those 2, then definitely 'In Your Face'.