not sure if I have this in the right area but anyway I haven't used these guys before and I know they have a good reputation, but I was wondering about the postage charges, especially from anyone downunder who uses them.

It says $8 for the first item to ship to Aussie/NZ and then $3 for each item after that. Does this mean if I ordered 6 CDs at once I'd be stung for $23 shipping :yikes:

Compared to other overseas places I've used... usually the more you buy the better deal for shipping, so I'm not sure if I've understood NEH properly.

• 2023 Gold Donors
not sure if I have this in the right area but anyway I haven't used these guys before and I know they have a good reputation, but I was wondering about the postage charges, especially from anyone downunder who uses them.

It says $8 for the first item to ship to Aussie/NZ and then $3 for each item after that. Does this mean if I ordered 6 CDs at once I'd be stung for $23 shipping :yikes:

Compared to other overseas places I've used... usually the more you buy the better deal for shipping, so I'm not sure if I've understood NEH properly.

Unfortunately,i think it would be $23.00.For US orders its $3.00 and then $1.00 and so on.Somebody correct me if im wrong here.

That's not a bad deal. It would cost me 24$ at Canada Post and that's without including the price of the bubble cushion mailers at 50 cents each. So 23$ for 6 cd's, with the jewel cases sounds about right.

I got an order recently and was sure I didn't cost that much, but maybe it did. I agree, as much as I love NEH, that seems very high. I adore places that ship without cases.

ok thanks. that's too steep. It costs me $11 shipping for 6 CDs WITH cases from Perris and other places are cheaper as well. They just don't happen to have what I want and NEH do :P

AOR Heaven are similar prices and ship without cases. I always loved those guys.

ok thanks. that's too steep. It costs me $11 shipping for 6 CDs WITH cases from Perris and other places are cheaper as well. They just don't happen to have what I want and NEH do :P

AOR Heaven are similar prices and ship without cases. I always loved those guys.

I've heard mixed reviews about AOR but maybe I'll try them myself if you found them ok and the postage is good. thanks :tumbsup:

I sent 10 CDs to someone in the States with cases (although thin ones) the other week for $8, granted NZ dollars but it's all relevant so I'm not up for paying $23.

I've heard mixed reviews about AOR but maybe I'll try them myself if you found them ok and the postage is good. thanks :tumbsup:

I sent 10 CDs to someone in the States with cases (although thin ones) the other week for $8, granted NZ dollars but it's all relevant so I'm not up for paying $23.

Yeah, I think AOR Heaven's probably a pretty good bet. Plus they'll have all you desire, I dare say. It's easy to get sucked into buying from the US at the moment due to the exchange rate, but I noticed a lot of NEH's prices have gone up accordingly. Not knocking them... I still rate NEH very high. But I think the better deals are probably still at AOR Heaven. Probably. :)

By the way... you shipped 10 CDs in cases to the US for $8?! I'm moving to NZ! I sent about 7 CDs the other day without cases and paid $17. F*ck Australia Post.

By the way... you shipped 10 CDs in cases to the US for $8?! I'm moving to NZ! I sent about 7 CDs the other day without cases and paid $17. F*ck Australia Post.

well I may have misled you there to prove how good NZ/NZ Post is :lol: I don't trade, just sent some CDs to a friend over there and sent it snail mail, which means they could get it in 4 months to a year .. maybe that was why it was so cheap :blink:

well I may have misled you there to prove how good NZ/NZ Post is :lol: I don't trade, just sent some CDs to a friend over there and sent it snail mail, which means they could get it in 4 months to a year .. maybe that was why it was so cheap :blink:

Ah, okay. Yeah... that method's not too badly priced here either. I've never used it but they usually quote a very nice price.

I can very much recommend MusicBuyMail. They have everything on stock and if not, they will get it for you (Jez will probably agree ... ! :))

Their shipping rates should be very reasonable as well, similar to AOR Heaven (from Germany).

Here is the link:

MusicBuyMail

:)

I can very much recommend MusicBuyMail. They have everything on stock and if not, they will get it for you (Jez will probably agree ... ! :))

Their shipping rates should be very reasonable as well, similar to AOR Heaven (from Germany).

Here is the link:

MusicBuyMail

ok! thanks for that... never heard of them but will check it out :)

Here is the link:

MusicBuyMail

Backed 100% Bernd - great stuff!!

• 1 month later...
I recommend both NEH and Aor Heaven. Top notch service from both of them!

I too buy from NEH and could not agree more. The last order arrived here in Oz in 6 days and the way they are packed, they can not get damaged.

The best thing about NEH is you know you are going to get them and get them in pristine condition and get them fast.

If that means paying an extra couple of $ for shipping, then I'm more than happy to go that way :tumbsup:

As of about two years US Postal Services do not offer snailmail/by_ship services anymore. The cheapest one can send a 6 CD package with jewel cases to Australia/NZ would be via first class for $13.60 given all CDs are under 4oz and no extra padding (the price go incrementally up with $1.65 per every 4oz extra!)

Alternately, one can stuff 6 CDs with jewels in flat-rate priority-mail cardboard envelope for $11.95 (was $11 a month ago before the last postage price rise). I guess this is how Perris Records ships their packages and havent updated their prices yet.

USPS online calculator to check prices and available shipping methods: http://ircalc.usps.gov/