SMILEK "Stranded" cd

hardrockhaven

Heeeeey,

Smilek's new cd "Stranded" is due to be released very soon according to their myspace page. They've also just released two tracks off the upcoming release. THe first track "All your Own" is pretty solid and the second track "Stranded" is sounding very much like the Smilek of old. Good vocals, etc. Looking forward to it. Foxx "Gangster of love" is still one of my favorite indies ever. And the first Smilek was a slice of melodic rock perfection.

Check out the new tracks:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=14920400

P.S. For those interested, Smilek/Foxx member Kevin Tipton can also be found on myspace and has a couple of solo cds out.

Rock Hard,

Chris

Thanks a million for the heads up, Chris.

Just wondering...

Why is there not a party in everyone's pants??? This is the best news of the year, almost. Well, it's not... but it's probably up in the top 5 most awesome music-related peices of news I've heard this year. I thought for sure they were gone forever. Now, to hear there's a new album due, and soon - rub my scrotum with olive oil and bathe it in gasoline I am excited!!!

Now... if only I could hear those samples. :(

• 2 years later...

Well, it's only taken about 3 years :P, but Stranded is now available! I picked it up directly from the band's website at: http://www.smilek.com/

You can hear samples of all the songs on their site, or on their MySpace page at: http://www.myspace.com/smilek

I've been listening to this one all week and am really enjoying it! :guitbannana:

Thanks a million for the heads up, Chris.

Just wondering...

Why is there not a party in everyone's pants??? This is the best news of the year, almost. Well, it's not... but it's probably up in the top 5 most awesome music-related peices of news I've heard this year. I thought for sure they were gone forever. Now, to hear there's a new album due, and soon - rub my scrotum with olive oil and bathe it in gasoline I am excited!!!

Now... if only I could hear those samples. :(

So Geoff's been bathing his scrotum in oil and gasoline for 3 years....that explains alot.

I curse you. I thought you'd resurrected this thread because the album was back on the cards. Oh well, call the forklift and drop my balls back in the oil and gasoline, I guess. :(

I curse you. I thought you'd resurrected this thread because the album was back on the cards. Oh well, call the forklift and drop my balls back in the oil and gasoline, I guess. :(

Get your sweaty balls out of the oil and read the post above mine....no not THIS post...further up...BINGO!!!! The disc is out.

Okay, crane hired, balls removed from liquid mixture and CD purchased! Goddamn I'm really excited. au$16 all costs included to Australia... not too bad. Haven't heard samples yet but based on strength of debut these guys deserve a shot. Thanks for pointing out the post I missed, Mike and Dave. ;)

really looking forward to the smilek disc, their debut is my fave kivel records release & imho the best :)

oddly enough I've heard from several sources the 2nd smilek album is no where as good as the debut.

I can't wait to hear this for myself :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

Better than the Adriangale releases? I don't think so... :fuckchops:

really looking forward to the smilek disc, their debut is my fave kivel records release & imho the best :)

oddly enough I've heard from several sources the 2nd smilek album is no where as good as the debut.

The Smilek sure betters any of the Adrian Gale albums. This is probably one of the reasons why the band called it quits & move on to form Crunch :)

I've even told John Kivel Smilek's cd the best album he's put out :)

Smilek sure beats the latest bangalore choir you're plugging :)

The Smilek sure betters any of the Adrian Gale albums. This is probably one of the reasons why the band called it quits & move on to form Crunch :)

Yesh, but does it beat Justin Bieber? :rofl2:

Dang, I can't believe I started this thread three years ago. Talk about a long time coming....sheesh. I'd kinda written it off that it would never see the light of day except maybe through some leaked bootlegs or something. I just went and ordered my copy in a hurry as well. I have a feeling this sucker's gonna be rarer than Syre S/T in less than a year, lol.

Yesh, but does it beat Justin Bieber? :rofl2:

who? :rofl2:

Got my copy yesterday and gave this a good spin last night. Good stuff. Fans of the first Smilek should find plenty to enjoy here as well. My one gripe is that since they waited three years to finally release this thing, I'd have thought they could have recorded a couple more tracks in that time. But hey, I'll stop my whining now. At least we've got 9 new tracks by Marty Smilek and his accomplices. They mix it up between mid-tempo rockers and slower type ballads. I would still easily give the edge to "Sentimental Highway", but this holds it weight just fine. This feels a little more "mature" sounding in my opinion though if that makes any sense. All in all this is good melodic rock and I'm glad to see that this reincarnation of Foxx is still at it. Keep it up Marty. "American Dream" and "Promise To Remember" were excellent.

• 6 years later...

I want this. Pretty expensive nowadays. Their last release from 2010.

Stranded-cover.jpg

Tracks:

1 All Your Own
2 I Ain't No Good
3 Stranded
4 Put A Little Love (On The Line)
5 Touch Of Pain
6 American Dream
7 Fields Of Fire
8 Better Days
9 Promise To Remember

Don't be too sad, mate. Nowhere near as good as the debut, but still pretty solid. Not essential, imo.