Paul Sabu

Dead Planet

As a big fan I wasn't that excited by this, sounds heavier than his other stuff...

As a big fan I wasn't that excited by this, sounds heavier than his other stuff...

I'm a big fan as well... I want to order this one but... Heavier ? What do you mean ? Is it still melodic ? Do you think that it's not worth to order it ?

I'm a big fan as well... I want to order this one but... Heavier ? What do you mean ? Is it still melodic ? Do you think that it's not worth to order it ?

There still sound like some melodic tracks, but it's definitely more aggressive & I don't much care for the vocal style on some tracks. I have picked up & enjoyed almost all of his previous material, but I will pass on this. I'd definitely say you should try before you buy....

There still sound like some melodic tracks, but it's definitely more aggressive & I don't much care for the vocal style on some tracks. I have picked up & enjoyed almost all of his previous material, but I will pass on this. I'd definitely say you should try before you buy....

I'm going to give this one a spin soon. I have to admit I've always hated his voice. I reckon this is going to sound like 'Between the light', which was heavier and overall pretty awful... regardless of the fact it contains one of the finest tracks ever... 'If I had never asked you to dance'. A favourite on my Ipod shuffle, and I never complain. I love that song.

Anyway, comments on this album to follow soon.

I agree, does not impress at all. His best work was In Dreams by a country mile.

I'm just going to put it right out there... this CD sucks the scrotal residue of the filthiest donkey balls 2007 has to offer. Horrible vocals, dreadful song writing... the CD is truly a dreadful mess, IMO. What makes a guy think these songs were worth recording is beyond me... sorry to sound so harsh.

I'm just going to put it right out there... this CD sucks the scrotal residue of the filthiest donkey balls 2007 has to offer. Horrible vocals, dreadful song writing... the CD is truly a dreadful mess, IMO. What makes a guy think these songs were worth recording is beyond me... sorry to sound so harsh.

Got to agree here,listened to it once,lights out,blinds closed and headphones on so I could listen to it without being disturbed but was a waste of time,I think there was maybe 1 song that I thought was just OK but the rest,tbh a few minutes into a good few of them and the skip button was used :(

Got to agree here,listened to it once,lights out,blinds closed and headphones on so I could listen to it without being disturbed but was a waste of time,I think there was maybe 1 song that I thought was just OK but the rest,tbh a few minutes into a good few of them and the skip button was used :(

Yeah, same here. There was okay song I think, but my finger was all but stapled to the skip button... it was really that hard just to listen to most these tracks all the way though one time.

• 5 years later...

So what do people think of this new CD, which was supposed to be a return to form?

Seriously, is it just me, or does this dude have no right to be anywhere near a microphone? Am I being overly harsh, or has he not about the worst voice you've heard in your life... after the poofter in The Darkness.

Anyway, first few spins of this new CD, 'Bangkok Rules,' I thought it was okay. It definitely seemed a little better than recent efforts, but I dunno. The more I hear it, the more things about it grate on me. Here was my end summary on it:

01. Bangkok Rules - pretty annoying / average opener - 6.00

02. Rock Don't Run - horribly annoying backing vocals, but nice keys and should have been a cool rocker - 7.25

03. Race To Nowhere - a bit of a plodder, as evidenced by the title - 6.50

04. Live Or Die Tryin' - average but solid rocker with more awful vocals - 7.00

05. Love's Got a Mind Of Her Own - pretty ugly tune - 6.50

06. Rocked And Loaded - solid rocker, I guess, but very cheesy - 7.00

07. Read My Eyes - okay but pretty bland ballad - 7.00

08. Black Star - average rocker which does nothing good - 6.00

09. Code Blue - ugly rocker, pretty hard to sit through - 5.00

10. Back The Jacks - purely and honestly, dreadful, dreadful music - 1.00

TOTAL - 59%