BOSS - Step On It

glam_junkie

Speaking to Craig the other day, he is currently in the progress of getting the album remastered.

He is also digging up old demo tracks he has, plus old photos and even old video footage of the band to include as extras.

Depending on what he can dig up (and the quality) these are likely to be included in the package.

Sounds like he want's to make it into a good package worth buying after being unavailalbe on cd after all these years.

Speaking to Craig the other day, he is currently in the progress of getting the album remastered.

He is also digging up old demo tracks he has, plus old photos and even old video footage of the band to include as extras.

Depending on what he can dig up (and the quality) these are likely to be included in the package.

Sounds like he want's to make it into a good package worth buying after being unavailalbe on cd after all these years.

about time, can't to see what demos get included.

Absolutely loved the track "Dancin' Queen".

Saw them live many years ago I think supporting Twisted Sister.

I too was at Twisted Sister gig at Festival Hall, still got tour shirt. The one with Dee holding a bone on the front.

Good to see that my Alzheimer's disease is not as bad as I thought it was or it could just be a lack of brain cells remaining due the large consumption of the amber fluid over the years :lol:

about time, can't to see what demos get included.

Apparently the record company disposed of a heap their old master tapes a while back which sadly included the masters of the Boss demos and unreleased material, plus unreleased music of bands like Cold Chisel and more. Craig's sure he can still get his hands on the BOSS demos, but unfortunately not the masters.

I thought this was already re-issued by Retrospect Records in 2005?

yeh "apparently it was" - this was about the time i first heard of RR. i immediately wanted to order it, but just contacted some of the guys in the band as i had contact with them at the time to check it was legit.... they replied saying they had never endorsed it and had never heard of RR. They asked me to just leave it with them, and a short time later it was removed from the RR site.

make up our own minds i guess...

but anyway great news theyre releasing it!

• 2023 Gold Donors
I thought this was already re-issued by Retrospect Records in 2005?

yeh "apparently it was" - this was about the time i first heard of RR. i immediately wanted to order it, but just contacted some of the guys in the band as i had contact with them at the time to check it was legit.... they replied saying they had never endorsed it and had never heard of RR. They asked me to just leave it with them, and a short time later it was removed from the RR site.

make up our own minds i guess...

but anyway great news theyre releasing it!

Thanks for the info. It may not be on the RR site anymore, but it's still being sold on ebay by you know who. I think I'll wait for the "official re-issue".

This auction was ended early after the seller was informed of the upcoming re-issue.

Not sure how long the re-issue is likely to take to become available but from what craig was saying it'll still be a little way off yet. It's just good to know that the wheels are turning.

• 1 month later...
Hey Lindsay,

any updates on this?

Haven't spoken with craig in probably 6-8 weeks, but last I heard I think craig was sending the recording off to someone in sydney to remaster. He was also digging around for old demos and photos to see what he could add to the package. I'll have to give him a call and find out where it's at.

• 7 months later...

Spoke to craig a few weeks back - he was busy at the time so I didn't get much of an update from him on the re-issue. He was talking about getting back on the road, including some shows in europe.

He actually just left me a myspace message yesterday about ctaching up again so I'll have to get all the updates from him and let ya's know.

Spoke to craig a few weeks back - he was busy at the time so I didn't get much of an update from him on the re-issue. He was talking about getting back on the road, including some shows in europe.

He actually just left me a myspace message yesterday about ctaching up again so I'll have to get all the updates from him and let ya's know.

Cheers.

Was it Germany in which Boss were pretty big?

Cheers.

Boss & BB Steal are still quite well known there. Craig has contact with the guys from Rose Tattoo who must have played some gigs there recently and said that there were people wearing BBSteal shirts in the crowd, and people were asking about them. I think they made a few contacts for them.

Cheers.

Boss & BB Steal are still quite well known there. Craig has contact with the guys from Rose Tattoo who must have played some gigs there recently and said that there were people wearing BBSteal shirts in the crowd, and people were asking about them. I think they made a few contacts for them.

Yeh Rose Tattoo did a few gigs there not long ago, supported by aussie band Heifer (spelling?)...

• 11 months later...

Spoke with Craig on the weekend and aksed about this one. Doesn't look like it's progressed any further.

He's talking about completely re-doing the drum tracks which were originally done with a drum machine.

But as for a release date... no time soon i'd say.

On the plus side, looks like he'll be doing some live dates soon, starting with a couple of shows with The Angels in July. Adelaide leg only I believe.

• 7 years later...

I like that. I have still never got the chance to check this out, but I really must do it one day. I consider it essential, in fact.