Who is David Cole?

Leykis101

Many of you know Blue Tears onslaught of production was done by David Cole, right! well does anybody have any clue who he is? I mean a production job like that doesnt just happen, I was poking around and discovered the only David Cole I could find, he died in 1994 and was C + C Music Factory, the reason I believe this is him, is because Poco did that album in 1989, Legacy, the one with the song Call It Love, now this album was produced by Cole, if youve heard it, it is so over produced it's almost nausiating, I mean I love it, (and it's an album ive never seen mentioned on here) but I also discovered he was inkahootz on Richard Marx albums, so am I on to the right guy? does anybody know? is this the tall african american man that died from spinal menangitis in 1994? im beyond interested, please help?

Many of you know Blue Tears onslaught of production was done by David Cole, right! well does anybody have any clue who he is? I mean a production job like that doesnt just happen, I was poking around and discovered the only David Cole I could find, he died in 1994 and was C + C Music Factory, the reason I believe this is him, is because Poco did that album in 1989, Legacy, the one with the song Call It Love, now this album was produced by Cole, if youve heard it, it is so over produced it's almost nausiating, I mean I love it, (and it's an album ive never seen mentioned on here) but I also discovered he was inkahootz on Richard Marx albums, so am I on to the right guy? does anybody know? is this the tall african american man that died from spinal menangitis in 1994? im beyond interested, please help?

Yes it is the same Man...He was also a Songwriter and Musician....He did a lot

of Producing too...

of Producing too...

Did you know him? that's very weird, finding out he was 1 half of C+C Music Factory, I guess I never thought they were anything but a 90's dance one hit wonder group, No clue it was just a big studio project, that explains greatly his crossover work on rock albums, producing dance tracks is some of the most tedious production work I know, and you wouldnt really think it was, constantly manipulating the tracks and tracks of vocals makes perfect scents now, Poco, Blue Tears, Richard Marx, all layered smoothering tracks into one, even more so I believe then Hysteria, Cole was producing vocals for rock albums, how you would produce them if they were dance, he was producing them the only way he knew how, that's a fucking trip, to think Mutt took how long to do Hysteria? Cole did Blue Tears in 4 months, I think we need to start paying tribute to this awesome standout producer, at least recognizing him, I wish I could find more info about the work he did, tragedy he died so young, what an odd thing to die from these days, this dude was good, and all you have to do is listen to Blue Tears to hear just how good, RIP

>> I think we need to start paying tribute to this awesome standout producer, at least recognizing him, I wish I could find more info about the work he did, tragedy he died so young, what an odd thing to die from these days, this dude was good, and all you have to do is listen to Blue Tears to hear just how good, RIP <<

Well, for what it's worth, here is his credit listing from All Music, although it shows him as passing away in Jan. of 1995 (which he did) he is also credited as working on new projects as late as, well, this year. And Blue Tears ISN'T even listed, even though a real impressive list of rock and dance artists are. Obviously a very incomplete (or even OVER complete) listing ....

David Cole Credits

Actually that listing must include several people with the name David Cole as more that three quaters of the list is for albums post '95 right up til 2007. He must have enjoyed his work so much that he's been doing a bit of mixing beyond the grave?? But seriously if he did in fat produce Blue Tears album he does deserve full credit. RIP

Well, has anbody heard the Poco album Lecacy? well it's not hard to hear it's the same David Cole, just absolute walls of harmony, and vocals, my buddy I was working with brought up Martikas second album as one of the greatest produced albums of any genre, now Ive never heard it, but it was produced by David Cole, so if in fact this guy is working from beyond the grave, well, id say that's worth some recognistion, wouldnt you?

of Producing too...

Did you know him? that's very weird, finding out he was 1 half of C+C Music Factory, I guess I never thought they were anything but a 90's dance one hit wonder group, No clue it was just a big studio project, that explains greatly his crossover work on rock albums, producing dance tracks is some of the most tedious production work I know, and you wouldnt really think it was, constantly manipulating the tracks and tracks of vocals makes perfect scents now, Poco, Blue Tears, Richard Marx, all layered smoothering tracks into one, even more so I believe then Hysteria, Cole was producing vocals for rock albums, how you would produce them if they were dance, he was producing them the only way he knew how, that's a fucking trip, to think Mutt took how long to do Hysteria? Cole did Blue Tears in 4 months, I think we need to start paying tribute to this awesome standout producer, at least recognizing him, I wish I could find more info about the work he did, tragedy he died so young, what an odd thing to die from these days, this dude was good, and all you have to do is listen to Blue Tears to hear just how good, RIP

No I didn't know him...I have always been into who Produced the Reocrd I like,how they did

what they did Etc...Some of my fave Producers are....

Rick Rubin..(Slayer,Touble,The Cult)

Eddie Kramer..(Jimi Hendrix,Led Zep,KISS...)

Bob Rock..(Motley,Metallica..)

Bob Ezrin..(KISS,Alice Cooper...)

Tom Werman( Motley,Nugent, Molly Hatchet..)

Beau Hill..(RATT,Warrant,Winger..)

Michael Wagner..(Dokken,Accept,Raven...)

Dont forget Terry Date, and the finest piece of production in history, Crisis Party!

No I didn't know him...I have always been into who Produced the Reocrd I like,how they did

Michael Wagener is the f**kin' MAN! :banger:

Michael Wagener is the f**kin' MAN! :banger:

Producers?? Gee Ya done forgot Mutt Lange damnit!!!!! AC/DC and when Def Leppard was good????? :whistle:

Producers?? Gee Ya done forgot Mutt Lange damnit!!!!! AC/DC and when Def Leppard was good????? :whistle:

F**k Mutt Lange. :)

On second thought, I'd rather f**k his wife. :whistle:

>> Actually that listing must include several people with the name David Cole as more that three quaters of the list is for albums post '95 right up til 2007. He must have enjoyed his work so much that he's been doing a bit of mixing beyond the grave?? <<

Yep, which is precisely why I suggested it was OVER complete

well does any of the powers that be have contact with Fulkerson? im sure hed be able to give us an answer.

• 1 year later...

I guess this was a NO?

You know I've heard and read many interviews and storys over the years about Blue Tears, some from Fulkerson himself, but the more I got thinking about it, for some reason(purposely I'd imagine) nothing EVER!! on the actual recording of the album, for one reason or another this subject was either tapdanced around or outright avoided. Now I'm really curious about it? we have to find one of the band members and grill them about it, does anybody know how to find Lauderdale? he seems to be the outcast, we'll get him to talk!

I guess this was a NO?

You know I've heard and read many interviews and storys over the years about Blue Tears, some from Fulkerson himself, but the more I got thinking about it, for some reason(purposely I'd imagine) nothing EVER!! on the actual recording of the album, for one reason or another this subject was either tapdanced around or outright avoided. Now I'm really curious about it? we have to find one of the band members and grill them about it, does anybody know how to find Lauderdale? he seems to be the outcast, we'll get him to talk!

Gregg Fulkerson is on Facebook & Myspace.. I'd love to see brand new Blue Tears studio album out :)

I guess this was a NO?

Gregg Fulkerson is on Facebook & Myspace.. I'd love to see brand new Blue Tears studio album out :)

I'd like that to, but I'm not sure their will ever be anything even in the same game as S/T, I just can't get into any of their other stuff, how can anybody? that S/T is the standard which I measure all albums, even today, I ask if its sounds as cool as Blue Tears! and to think that was almost 20 years ago!