Scatterbrain!

Fat Freddy

Anyone (besides me, Dark Star, and Jarred) remember Scatterbrain? Great comedic thrash/rock band, they were kinda like Faith No More with an extremely juvenile sense of humor. My first and only stage dive experience came during a Scatterbrain show in early 1992 when they played "Don't Call Me Dude" (Dark Star was there, he can confirm it actually happened!). Check out the still-hilarious "Down With The Ship," which is a "super duper multi-cover song" consisting of riffs and parts from dozens of other songs... see how many you can name! Enjoy these.... :headbanger:

"Don't Call Me Dude"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEr8SYqTc3s

"Down With The Ship"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ1GReZaB7E

"Fine Line"

We've talked about this one before my friend. I love this band & every song on Here Comes Trouble!

I kinda had you in mind when I posted these bro... cuz they're just about the ONLY band I think we've agreed on in the whole time I've been here! ;)

Scatterbrain are so amazing...Down with the Ship Is KILLER...

"Down With The Ship" is such a mind-f**k, I love it. You get a little bit of everybody in that song (Phil Collins, The Doors, Van Halen, Billy Squier, etc., etc.) When I was in college (Dark Star will remember this) I used to hang out with this hippie kid who lived on my floor, who would throw nightly dope & beer parties in his room with dozens of people all sprawled out gettin' wasted...I used to like bringing that Scatterbrain tape with me to this guy's parties, then waiting till everyone else was totally incapacitated so I could sneak "Down With The Ship" onto the guy's stereo... then I'd sit back and wait for the inevitable shouts of "Hey, what the fuck IS this?"

I love this band & every song on Here Comes Trouble!

Same here, Here Comes Trouble is a freakin classic!

Scatterbrain are so amazing...Down with the Ship Is KILLER...

"Down With The Ship" is such a mind-f**k, I love it. You get a little bit of everybody in that song (Phil Collins, The Doors, Van Halen, Billy Squier, etc., etc.) When I was in college (Dark Star will remember this) I used to hang out with this hippie kid who lived on my floor, who would throw nightly dope & beer parties in his room with dozens of people all sprawled out gettin' wasted...I used to like bringing that Scatterbrain tape with me to this guy's parties, then waiting till everyone else was totally incapacitated so I could sneak "Down With The Ship" onto the guy's stereo... then I'd sit back and wait for the inevitable shouts of "Hey, what the fuck IS this?"

And I DO remember that..... God some of the looks on their faces was PRICELESS!!!!

And yes I DO remember your first ever stage dive to Down With the Ship too..... :P

didnt they also have a song called "who farted?"

i remember seeing these guys on Video Hits early in the morning on aussie tv..

Hmm? Nope, there's no Scatterbrain song called "Who Farted?" that I'm aware of.

didnt they also have a song called "who farted?"

i remember seeing these guys on Video Hits early in the morning on aussie tv..

Hmm? Nope, there's no Scatterbrain song called "Who Farted?" that I'm aware of.

ok maybe im confusing another band about the same time...

but Scatterbrain's dont call me dude was all over VIdeo Hits here when it came out... it was so damn annoying!

And yes I DO remember your first ever stage dive to Down With the Ship too..... :P

The stage dive(s) that evening were to "Earache My Eye" and "Don't Call Me Dude," my friend. If you'll recall, I called stage dive rights during "Dude" while we were on the way to the venue... :P

I just checked the main Heavy Harmonies site and Scatterbrain aren't even in the database. If I were to submit their album info (I have all of their stuff, even an Australian-only EP with some live tracks!) do y'all think they'd be added? I dunno if they're exactly "H.H. Material," but then again, Faith No More are on H.H., as are Ugly Kid Joe, and I think Scatterbrain kinda falls in between the two. Dan? Pete? Whaddaya think?

The stage dive(s) that evening were to "Earache My Eye" and "Don't Call Me Dude," my friend. If you'll recall, I called stage dive rights during "Dude" while we were on the way to the venue... :P

I just checked the main Heavy Harmonies site and Scatterbrain aren't even in the database. If I were to submit their album info (I have all of their stuff, even an Australian-only EP with some live tracks!) do y'all think they'd be added? I dunno if they're exactly "H.H. Material," but then again, Faith No More are on H.H., as are Ugly Kid Joe, and I think Scatterbrain kinda falls in between the two. Dan? Pete? Whaddaya think?

I would LOVE anything you have of them EP wise (HintHint :P )

True, true You DID call stage dive rights to "Don't Call Me Dude" On Our way to the show that night.. But, didn't You decide to stage dive to their first song as You were right up front anyways?? I forget what They opened with though.... <_<

• 9 months later...

True, true You DID call stage dive rights to "Don't Call Me Dude" On Our way to the show that night.. But, didn't You decide to stage dive to their first song as You were right up front anyways?? I forget what They opened with though.... <_<

Just noticed something... You mentioned ugly Kid Joe.. Didn't they OPEN for Scatterbrain that night??? :tumbsup:

Just noticed something... You mentioned ugly Kid Joe.. Didn't they OPEN for Scatterbrain that night??? :tumbsup:

Yes... yes they did. Are you telling me that you just remembered that NOW? Man, you musta been drunker than I thought when we went to that gig... :lol:

Yes... yes they did. Are you telling me that you just remembered that NOW? Man, you musta been drunker than I thought when we went to that gig... :lol:

No no I just re-read Your post, mentioning UKJ was on HH but not Scatterbrain.. and, since they OPENED up for Scatterbrain that night, I think Scatterbrain should be included on HH..... :tumbsup:

And, for the record, I believe Our buddy Chris was the most drunk that night.. As I recall He got up onstage to GET a beer before diving back into the crowd onto You and Dave..... Man that HAD to hurt..... :whistle:

• 2 years later...

If I were President, there'd be a Johnson Day

And I'd make everybody git down on their knees and pray fooooorrrrrrr.....

MISTER! JOHNSON! AND!

Mister Johnson and the Juice Crew!

MISTER! JOHNSON! AND!

Mister Johnson and the Juice....CREEEEEWWWWWW!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiyWNIxcPSo

SCATTERBRAIN!!!! :party421:

I got to see them twice at the lengendary CLUB BENE in Sayreville n.j.

The second show, Tommy Christ came out with that chicken suit.

They also added a few more bands to the DOWN WITH THE SHIP song (Boston, Eagles and I think Jethro Tull).

They headlined both nights with a bunch of local bands..

:tumbsup:

Anyone who doesn't know, SCATTERBRAIN were formed out of NYHC band LUDICHRIST who has two c.d.'s on COMBAT records..

At the show Dark Star and I saw, Tommy Christ came out on stage with Budweiser pajamas and bunny slippers on. At the end of the set, the entire band came back out for the encore wearing dresses and did a cover of Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls." :rofl: One of the guys lifted up his skirt to reveal a giant rubber dick strapped to the front of his waist :rofl2:

As God is my witness, they were one of the most entertaining live bands I ever saw.

I miss this band! :crying:

At the show Dark Star and I saw, Tommy Christ came out on stage with Budweiser pajamas and bunny slippers on. At the end of the set, the entire band came back out for the encore wearing dresses and did a cover of Motley Crue's "Girls, Girls, Girls." :rofl: One of the guys lifted up his skirt to reveal a giant rubber dick strapped to the front of his waist :rofl2:

As God is my witness, they were one of the most entertaining live bands I ever saw.

I miss this band! :crying:

Wasn't Tommy Christ in a Nun's habit?? I know one of the band was.. Or maybe I was just THAT drunk??? But yea one of the MOST entertaining bands ever!!! :guitbannana:

OH and didn't they call themselves the "Scatterbitches" When they did that encore???? :headbanger:

Wasn't Tommy Christ in a Nun's habit??

I vaguely remember a Nun's habit in there somewhere too. That band did more costume changes in one show than Madonna does in a whole tour. :lol:

Remember Tommy's speech about "selling out" (since they were then signed to Elektra)? "F*CK YEAH, we sold out! Look at this, we got a SMOKE MACHINE! TURN ON THE SMOKE MACHINE! Now I ask you, could we afford a fine smoke machine like this if we didn't sell out?" :rofl:

Wasn't Tommy Christ in a Nun's habit??

I vaguely remember a Nun's habit in there somewhere too. That band did more costume changes in one show than Madonna does in a whole tour. :lol:

Remember Tommy's speech about "selling out" (since they were then signed to Elektra)? "F*CK YEAH, we sold out! Look at this, we got a SMOKE MACHINE! TURN ON THE SMOKE MACHINE! Now I ask you, could we afford a fine smoke machine like this if we didn't sell out?" :rofl:

Yea Tommy was one funny MotherF*cker alright..... :rofl2:

Wow, just dug this gem up from Youtube.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnZFod4Ino&feature=related