What's with these guys?

It's gettin' so some of these sellers are putting up anything and everything on E Bay to make a fast buck.............

I feel sorry for the poor unsuspecting people who are just getting into collecting and see these things and jump on them thinking they are getting something cool.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rock-Candy-Sucker-For-...1QQcmdZViewItem

The bid for this "CDR" is up to $26 at this writing.............

It won't be long and E Bay will be saturated with this stuff and you won't have a clue what you are buying until you actually receive it!!!

Hey Delbert, what should I be looking for to tell me this auction is bogus? I don't get what the problem is. As some would say, I should maybe do my homework.

Hey Delbert, what should I be looking for to tell me this auction is bogus? I don't get what the problem is. As some would say, I should maybe do my homework.

Hum, just look at the CDR - it screams "home made" :)

Notice the (very visible) numbers on the inner ring ... thats how you can tell its a CDR from a distance :)

Dave....as I said in my post "unsuspecting people" will be duped......

I blew up this picture.......the bar code number reads " 7 4399900950 9 "

You see, this bar code is unique......it is on every cassette and LP to CDR transfer I have ever done......

Back in the late 90's I transferred a ton of stuff from vinyl and cassette to CDR for my personal collection. Over the course of time, I've traded a copy here and there and that was a mistake because they have proliferated. This isn't the first time I've seen stuff I've transferred on E Bay.

But, back to your question......as I said originally, if you aren't actually aware of what is legitimately available out there, you can be easily duped by this crap!!!

The CD in the picture looks like a CDR; the color of the disc and the dark blue or black letters and numbers on the inner ring give it away. Unless that disc was somehow manufactured originally like that? Seller is advertising it as an original which is FUBAR. At least give a hint it's a boot which some do.

I'm dealing with pros, thanks guys. The picture the seller took is very vague, at least on my computer screen. The cd looks almost see through/clear in the picture. More and more with cd's on Ebay, if it's really rare and almost too good to be true, it probably is.

Guess I'm lucky collecting vinyl!

By Accident I was able to help buyers see the inner ring clearly. The turbo lister ebay has went to shit so I changed over to auctiva. This is a free hosting site where you can list with up to 10 pictures, Supersize(this being the keyword) plus free graphics and more. All Free........I never use ebays stock photos and scan the cd face and booklet. when you supersize the pic the inner ring is crystal clear and very readable. However for one reason or another most sellers do not do it like I do so it kinda defeats the purpose if your trying to make sure its original.

The shame!!

You can't help it can you? Always trying to throw more grease on the fire.

Somebody alerted Ebay, because the cd has been removed.

I'm certainly not defending this guy cuz I saw this auction and knew right off it was a CD-R just looking at the disc, not to mention the fact that I don't think it was ever pressed on CD (I think?). But I have picked up several CDs from him lately and all were originals in mint condition and know several other people on the board have too. I think he is just trying to get rid of all his collection and perhaps has a few CD-R bootlegs to get rid of as well. But of course I could be wrong. He should probably just either give em away or at the very least post that they are CD-Rs if he is going to attempt to sell them. But anyone with any common sense could see from the picture that it was a CD-R.

I think you're giving the guy too much credit...I saw this auction, too & contacted him asking if he could send a scan of the top side of the cd. He said that he couldn't 'cause he didn't have a scanner... <_<

I would bet that he was hoping to pass this off as the real thing.