The dumbest seller on eBay

Makes no sense. Feedback looks solid, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Guess: Seller tried using the new Turbolister 2, and it gacked on importing his old TL1 listings. I'll bet the $999.99 prices are off by 2 decimal points across the board. The repeated listings are probably due to network issues or software malfunction as well: You don't get confirmation (i.e., it looks like the software is hung up) so you try resubmitting, until by the time you finally get confirmation back you have multiple sets running.

Hell, I don't know... just trying to make sense of it...

-Dan

I e-mailed the seller and made him aware of the prices. I can't see any of his CDs selling for $999.99. Heck, even at 99 cents each, they're a hard sell without cases and artwork. One thing for sure, he's sure to get one hell of a wake-up call come invoice time. 244 CDs at $4.80 each (for the $500+ listing category) equals $1,171.20 in listing fees. And not one of those CDs will sell to offset that. It adds up to a real kick in the ass.

koogles

I e-mailed the seller and made him aware of the prices. I can't see any of his CDs selling for $999.99. Heck, even at 99 cents each, it's a hard sell without cases and artwork. One thing for sure, he's sure to get one hell of a wake-up call come invoice time. 244 CDs at $4.80 each (for the $500+ listing category) equals $1,171.20 in listing fees. And not one of those CDs will sell to offset that. It adds up to a real kick in the ass.

koogles

I just did the same before seeing this post.

At least he's offering free shipping:-)

Maybe DUMBASS was a bit harsh, but you'd think a 5-year ebay veteran with almost 2,000 positives would know better and check the listings. (I could understand if he was a rookie.) And by listing the same CD seven times (in the case of G3 "Live in Tokyo" and others), you're not doing your profit margin any favors. A better method would be to state "7 available" in a single auction format. Dan's right- it makes no sense. And what's more, this isn't the first time he's tried to list CDs at an affordable $999.99. He ran hundreds of titles (discs only, no cases or art) on Oct 25 and none of them sold when the auctions ended on Oct 30. (Surprise, surprise.) Hmmm... maybe this guy is a DUMBASS.

Maybe DUMBASS was a bit harsh, but you'd think a 5-year ebay veteran with almost 2,000 positives would know better and check the listings. (I could understand if he was a rookie.) And by listing the same CD seven times (in the case of G3 "Live in Tokyo" and others), you're not doing your profit margin any favors. A better method would be to state "7 available" in a single auction format. Dan's right- it makes no sense. And what's more, this isn't the first time he's tried to list CDs at an affordable $999.99. He ran hundreds of titles (discs only, no cases or art) on Oct 25 and none of them sold when the auctions ended on Oct 30. (Surprise, surprise.) Hmmm... maybe this guy is a DUMBASS.

The only thing I can think is that somebody has hijacked his account.

I'd understand if someone try an experiment and list bunch of $999.99 CDs on their store for $0.05 insertion fees, ...but to list 244 AUCTION style for $4.80 insertion fee each... that's... :screwy:

Ya, it could be Turbolister 2 convertion bug, but still when uploading it should ring a HUGE bell to you when you see $1171 insertion fees!

Turbolister 2 is a piece of shit btw and I have numerous problems with it. It crashes every time I try to use this new "in line" editing feature and then double click to edit the listing - baam! What's more disturbing is that when I restart it may not want to open at all - and I'd have to go and run the manual update before it is functional again. :2up:

Tony are you forgetting that if he listed on Ebay.ca this past Monday it only cost him 10 cents to list and it was free for Buy It Now items? Who's looking dumb now? Ooooh yeah! He still is. :lol:

This guy's slow on the uptake. His listings are still at $999.99 and nobody's bidding. I wonder if he'll throw in a free jewel case with a $999.99 bid. Or would that be an extra $199? :)

As for Turbo Lister 2, I'm quite happy with it. It's way better than Blackthorne (in my side) that charges you $25 a month for nothing but headaches. The only disadvantage to Turbo Lister 2 is you can't make listing modifications in the program that are reflected simultaneously on your eBay listings. But hey- it's free, right?

...and it was free for Buy It Now items?

You mean as completely free?

It was free to add the BIN. But it only cost 10cents to list.

If you check his feedback and check the items he has there, they are all decent priced items with more than one and all Buy It Now....Maybe it was hijacked.

Go back to the end of October and you'll see he ran a similar auction- hundreds of bid-less titles at $999 each with multiple listings of each CD. Don't you think he would catch on/change his password? The auction in October ran for a full 5 days and didn't end pre-maturely as you might guess they would if the auctions were truly sabotaged. How bazaar... ahem, bizarre.

I think he just tries to score "one kill wonder" on a discount listing day, that's all. Maybe he saw that ridiculous PS3 auction going for $10,000,000 the other day and decided he can pull something similar with an Neil Diamond CD for $999.99, or hoping for a dyslexic buyer who would misread $999.99 for $000.99 and then will come through out of sheer honour obligation... :loser:

His reply:

eBay listing sale on that day. 20 cents per listing. They will be updated shortly. Thanks

Somehow I feel he is missing the point. Nobody's going to pay a thousand bucks for a Spin Doctors CD without artwork and case. Even the Bulletboys "Zaza" he is selling isn't worth that much! :P

His reply:

eBay listing sale on that day. 20 cents per listing. They will be updated shortly. Thanks

Somehow I feel he is missing the point. Nobody's going to pay a thousand bucks for a Spin Doctors CD without artwork and case. Even the Bulletboys "Zaza" he is selling isn't worth that much! :P

Come on man, why you care so much for that quack? Let him list his $999.99 Spin Doctor CDs all he likes... maybe one day he will find someone dumber than him who will bid and buy one of his CDs, wont surprise me at all... :)

:yikes: BULLET BOYS - ZA-ZA for $999.99, that is $999.98 too much for that piece of crap.

Come on man, why you care so much for that quack? Let him list his $999.99 Spin Doctor CDs all he likes... maybe one day he will find someone dumber than him who will bid and buy one of his CDs, wont surprise me at all... :)

I just hate seeing anyone (buyers or sellers) getting ripped off on eBay.

• 2 weeks later...