Need Advice and Feedback

Hello everyone.

I apologize if either of the Ebay persons mentioned here have already been discussed.....

I just won a bunch of items (17 - sheesh!) from rockcityaor on Ebay.

Then I received an off-ebay offer for an item I did not win - STEEL DAWN Mirror Images, saying the winning bidder, ncrrl, could not pay.

I became suspicious.

So I did a search on ncrrl and found that this bidder bid on 120 items in the past 2 weeks. He bid me up on several items, and outbid me on several others. He bid me up a ton on the items from rockcityaor. :angry: He has only been an Ebay member for about 5 weeks.

If, indeed, ncrrl is not a shill bidder for rockcityaor, should not ALL his bids be cancelled (which means the items go to the next highest bidder at the price they would have won at?) And should not this buyer get absolutely slammed for not being able to pay (i.e., booted off ebay)?

What do you think?

Also, I am not familiar with rockcityaor. Is he a member here? Is he a reliable seller? The seller contacted me through Ebay email to alert me of his auctions, and I went at it full force!

Please let me know what you know/think!! I am very hesitant to pay for any items bid up by ncrrl. After all, I would have won them at much less!

Thanks for any help/advice you can give. :)

As someone pointed out in this thread: http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5897

ncrrl certainly looks like the notorious James Arwine (the bidding patterns and crappy random screename are usually a dead giveaway). Arwine is scum, and if he won stuff from rockcityaor, he probably immediately emailed him with some bullshit story as to why it'd be at least 3 weeks from last Thursday before he could pay, since his car had to go to the vet, his dog needed a new transmission, and his wife is pregnant with Terell Owens' love child.

As for rockcityaor, with 1455 transactions, with only one negative, he certainly seems to be more than legit. :)

I don't think ncrrl is shill bidding at all....he's just nuts! :wacko:

Mike

As someone pointed out in this thread: http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5897

Arwine is scum, and if he won stuff from rockcityaor, he probably immediately emailed him with some bullshit story as to why it'd be at least 3 weeks from last Thursday before he could pay, since his car had to go to the vet, his dog needed a new transmission, and his wife is pregnant with Terell Owens' love child.

:rofl2:

[Oops, I reread your original post and I see you made the reference to the possibility of it being a shill bidder. I would be REAL wary of the whole situation... still, this bears repeating for those who don't know what shill bidding is.]

There's another possiblity, and it's not a good one: that 'ncrrl' is a shill bidding alias for the seller.

Basically the seller registers another Ebay userID and uses it to bid on his own merchandise to drive up the prices. Of course this doesn't always work on every item (the bid goes far enough to beat the legitimate high bidder instead of simply driving up the bid), hence the second chance offers.

I'm not saying that this seller in fact has done this, but you really want to do some close investigation on ALL of the items that this ncrrl uerID was bidding on...

Another reason I prefer dealing with BIN and store items, both as buyer and seller...

-Dan

Hello everyone.

Also, I am not familiar with rockcityaor. Is he a member here? Is he a reliable seller? The seller contacted me through Ebay email to alert me of his auctions, and I went at it full force!

rockcityaor aka richie is a very reliable ebay seller from Melbourne Australia. Unsure if he is a member here but he is somewhat well known in the aor scene as a big time collector & seller.

hope that helps.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Hello everyone.

rockcityaor aka richie is a very reliable ebay seller from Melbourne Australia. Unsure if he is a member here but he is somewhat well known in the aor scene as a big time collector & seller.

hope that helps.

I've won a few of his auctions in the past and never had any problems with him. He seemed like a stand up guy.

First off....let's forget this shill bidding senario in this instance. Do a quick search of all the auctions bid on by ncrrl using the E Bay bidder search and you will see that this bidder is all over the place.....typical Arwine bidding as Whiplash pointed out.

Second.....rockcityaor is Richie Gallas in Australia and I've traded, sold, bought and just been friends with Richie for years. As Andy pointed out, Richie has been a part of the AOR collecting scene for a long long time.

What has happened here is most likely what was pointed out earlier.......ncrrl has bid up the item and then sent off his classic e mail as Whiplash pointed out with his sad sad story as usual.

Here's my suggestion to TDRough......respond to rockcityaor via e mail if you are still interested in the second chance CD and tell him that you are certain that ncrrl is a known dead beat bidder named James Arwine who repeats this process continually. Offer rockcityaor a compromise bid for the item and see if he is willing to accept that. Hey, this is just like any other business....make an offer. He can only accept or refuse!!! Once you have a chance to talk and negotiate back and forth you may reach an agreement that is suitable to both of you. But please.....don't jump off on a tangent right away and think that this guy is shill bidding because of something beyond his control.........

One final thought......pertaining to those CDs you won as high bidder (due to ncrrl forcing the item to be bid upward)....you are going to be obligated to pay for those items at the price you won them for.....

You were not forced to bid higher than what you fully intended to pay. You could have stopped bidding at anytime.....you won the item at the price YOU WERE WILLING TO PAY, so don't try to negotiate those items with rockcityaor......he is already obligated to pay E Bay a commission based on that final price for each item and that is basically the rules of the auction. So, you would only be negotiating the price of that second chance offer you received.

Good Luck!

First off....let's forget this shill bidding senario in this instance. Do a quick search of all the auctions bid on by ncrrl using the E Bay bidder search and you will see that this bidder is all over the place.....typical Arwine bidding as Whiplash pointed out.

Second.....rockcityaor is Richie Gallas in Australia and I've traded, sold, bought and just been friends with Richie for years. As Andy pointed out, Richie has been a part of the AOR collecting scene for a long long time.

What has happened here is most likely what was pointed out earlier.......ncrrl has bid up the item and then sent off his classic e mail as Whiplash pointed out with his sad sad story as usual.

Here's my suggestion to TDRough......respond to rockcityaor via e mail if you are still interested in the second chance CD and tell him that you are certain that ncrrl is a known dead beat bidder named James Arwine who repeats this process continually. Offer rockcityaor a compromise bid for the item and see if he is willing to accept that. Hey, this is just like any other business....make an offer. He can only accept or refuse!!! Once you have a chance to talk and negotiate back and forth you may reach an agreement that is suitable to both of you. But please.....don't jump off on a tangent right away and think that this guy is shill bidding because of something beyond his control.........

One final thought......pertaining to those CDs you won as high bidder (due to ncrrl forcing the item to be bid upward)....you are going to be obligated to pay for those items at the price you won them for.....

You were not forced to bid higher than what you fully intended to pay. You could have stopped bidding at anytime.....you won the item at the price YOU WERE WILLING TO PAY, so don't try to negotiate those items with rockcityaor......he is already obligated to pay E Bay a commission based on that final price for each item and that is basically the rules of the auction. So, you would only be negotiating the price of that second chance offer you received.

Good Luck!

Delbert,

Thanks for your comments. I did NOT want to go off on a tangent. That's why I posted my questions here - to see what you people knew. Now I know that Richie is a reputable dealer and that ncrrl/Arwine is a jerk. I have been in contact with Richie and he is aware of who this buyer is (yes - he already received an email from ncrrl :ahole: asking to pay in installments!). He has also reported ncrrl to Ebay.

Thanks again, everyone!

Tim

Tim,

I appologize for the "going off on a tangent" remark. I guess that got inserted in there after reading some of the other postings that seemed to indicate to me that this was not a legitimate auction. I certainly didn't infer that you were doing that. Hope it all works out smoothly for you.

Delbert

Hi Tom and everyone.......Yeah i was burnt the second time by this jerk who bids on my auctions and never pays and usually gets suspended a few days later, just didnt catch him in time!...........I understand your concern Tom about me and the offer i made to you right away after the auction.....but i knew that JAMES ARWINE was not going to pay, hence the offers to you for the cds you bid on! Thanx for all the support from Delbert (hope your doing fine mate!), Andy etc........... I~m not here to rip anyone off, just offer goodies that i have found in my searchers...Unfortunately u get assholes like NCRRL that ruin it for everyone concerned! Thanx again ROCKCITYAOR

Welcome aboard badhabit. Go to the Introductions board and tell us about yourself. This is a great place to converse and find new friends with similiar music interests, not to mention promoting your ebay stuff:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=25