Halestorm

Grey

Halestorm just released an EP online containing 4 tracks from their upcoming CD. You can listen to all 4 of them here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CsONbjOFE

Definitely check out "Here's to Us". What do you think? I loved the first CD, so I'm looking forward to April when new one is released.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Yeah, a couple of the best tracks are on the Deluxe version. That's the way to go. Overall, I'd say it's not quite as good as the debut, but it still has 5 or 6 really good tracks on it. Some of them, like "Love Bites" are a bit too heavy for my taste. But the tracks like "Here's to Us", "Private Parts" and "Beautiful With You" are great.

I ordered a new Halestorm CD, but it's called 'Private sessions.' Not sure it's the proper new one or what I've done here. Can't wait to hear this thing, though.

I ordered a new Halestorm CD, but it's called 'Private sessions.' Not sure it's the proper new one or what I've done here. Can't wait to hear this thing, though.

You've ordered the new Hydrogyn album ;-)

Which is also supposed to be good.

This new Halestorm was on my doormat tonight so full thoughts tomorrow :-))

Private Sessions is the new album - it's killer. Same as Halestorm - which is a monster.

np

First full listen through this morning - what a killer album! Including bonus you get 15 tracks and there's hardly a filler in sight. Interesting running sequence in that you get 3 ballady type tracks in the middle of the album, but it works. Love the diversity of the tracks on offer, and Lzzy absolutely nails the vocal on every track. Man what a star this woman is - incredible throughout.

Wow I'm dumb. Thank my lord and saviour jesus christ that the Hydrogyn album is a winner too. Glad I did it now! :lol: I will order Halestorm in about 2 minutes with the 13% of sale at WOWHD. :) All worked out well in the end. :lol:

Wow I'm dumb. Thank my lord and saviour jesus christ that the Hydrogyn album is a winner too. Glad I did it now! :lol: I will order Halestorm in about 2 minutes with the 13% of sale at WOWHD. :) All worked out well in the end. :lol:

ha ha, that's funny. I havent heard the Hydrogyn yet, but its supposed to be good..definitely on my wish list to hear...might check out Spotify next week when its released to have a listen. Sounds very good from the samples....but she hasnt got the lzzy factor tho.

ha ha, that's funny. I havent heard the Hydrogyn yet, but its supposed to be good..definitely on my wish list to hear...might check out Spotify next week when its released to have a listen. Sounds very good from the samples....but she hasnt got the lzzy factor tho.

Yeah, of previous albums Halestorm smoke Hydrogyn, but Hydrogyn did put out a good last disc. I think I only paid about $11 for it so really excited to hear them both, hopefully back to back, now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just playing the bonus tracks on youtube as I type this, waiting for someone to send me the MP3's. ;)

Spun my normal version of the CD the other day and whilst I am not blown away, it's a very solid disc. I have to admit the first few tracks weren't bad but also weren't doing overly much for me. But 2 of the ballads (the first and third) were really good and after that the rockers are better too. I do like this band and think this is a very good 2nd effort which I look forward to spinning a lot more.

'Don't know how to stop' - very cool - one of the best choruses on the album.

'Private Parts' - what the f*ck?! This is by far the best ballad on the album and one of the best on the disc overall. Why is this a bonus track? :(

'Hate it when you see me cry' - the pre-chorus (or is it the first part of the chorus?) is excellent - really cool groove... but the rest of the track isn't on of their best.

Just playing the bonus tracks on youtube as I type this, waiting for someone to send me the MP3's. ;)

Spun my normal version of the CD the other day and whilst I am not blown away, it's a very solid disc. I have to admit the first few tracks weren't bad but also weren't doing overly much for me. But 2 of the ballads (the first and third) were really good and after that the rockers are better too. I do like this band and think this is a very good 2nd effort which I look forward to spinning a lot more.

'Private Parts' - what the f*ck?! This is by far the best ballad on the album and one of the best on the disc overall. Why is this a bonus track? :(

'Hate it when you see me cry' - the pre-chorus (or is it the first part of the chorus?) is excellent - really cool groove... but the rest of the track isn't on of their best.

........and how many times did I say the deluxe version was the way to go? People just don't listen :whistle:

........and how many times did I say the deluxe version was the way to go? People just don't listen :whistle:

I never buy deluxe versions of anything... unless it's after the fact a few months later on Secondspin. No regrets, just hoping I can download these songs asap.

It's great to see this band take off after so many year. I used to see them when they played Benatar and Heart covers. Just a interesting little tid-bit. The band is actually from RED LION, PA.... home of a well known ebay member.

Sophomore Jinx

While I would agree that the S/T is awesome. I like the new album too.

After many spins there's not much in it