Halestorm

Grey

Bringing this thread back up to the top as I'm finally giving the full album it's listening time in my rotation, and I really have to wonder... how can anyone NOT like this?

Equal parts ballsy and melodic. Girls' got some brass ones. This is very listenable, regardless of whether you prefer the lighter or heavier moments.

Good shit no matter how you slice it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Geoff is spot on... "Private Parts" is an absolute MONSTER of a song. There was some serious rectocranial inversion in play when the decision was made to leave this off the album. Good Lord!

It's on mine ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • My Little Pony

I'd love to track down their debut album. I imagine it's quite rare, and mighty pricey.

Here you go...£7

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Halestorm/dp/B001SGEUNI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391691597&sr=8-3&keywords=halestorm

No, I mean their independently-released album from 2001, Breaking the Silence.

I have some of their early stuff on MP3 format, and its nothing to write home about.

Dont mess with the time man, or whatever its called, isnt even worth looking into (I think they were early teens on that), and Breaking the silence wasnt much better.

But yeah, if either or those ever show up, they are not cheap.

• 2 months later...

Great show. She's a great frontwoman and the band were really top notch.

Haven't we moved passed the drum solo though?

Ah c'mon man, Arejay is the man, and his drum solos are always fun. Especially giant drum sticks.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I'm digging up an old thread...but searching around for something different to listen to...

Checked out some reviews of The Stranger Case of...many are very positive. Also checked out many of the songs on you tube...gotta say I'm intrigued. Songs are catchy...full of hooks...and rock.

Gotta say female fronted stuff isn't usually my cup of tea...I mean...it just feels weird sometimes singing along with songs from a female's point of view...

But I may make an exception here...maybe I can pretend it's an old girlfriend singing or something....lol.

Just wanted to see what others thought about this album after having spent time with it....Did it hold up well?