CINDER ROAD ~ R.I.P.

LV KIX

I forgot to mention this... but Cinder Road is no more.

The reason... they are just not making enough money to pay the bills. If this is any indication this doesn't make the future of melodic rock look very good. Just a year and a half ago or so Cinder Road was opening for bands like Tesla and even opened for a long leg of the KISS tour. Just a couple of months ago the first song off of their 2nd release went to #8 on the carts in Japan. This was followed by a handful of dates in Japan supporting Orthini. It would seem that things were looking up for the band. Their second release, "Damage Control" was never picked up by a label and the band was forced to put it out on their own. Sales have been pretty good but without worldwide distribution have fallen off quickly.

Cinder Road is doing a farewell show in Maryland in a couple of weeks sandwiched in between M3 and Rocklahoma. From what I understand the band may reform for a "one-off" show every now and then in the Baltimore area. Sad news indeed.

So what will the members be doing to "pay the bills"..? Well, Mike (vocals) will be going out on the road this summer working for Poison. Not sure what the others will be doing.

CINDER ROAD... a band with a ton of potential that will not be recognized ... R.I.P.

They put out a 2nd album? :blink:

I felt the same way. I was looking for it for some time then finally saw it came out and I never heard a thing. Honestly, I need to listen to it more. The first cd is way better but I need to play the new one more. This is indeed sad news...

I'm not being funny, but if the reason they are quitting is cause they aint making enough money, then they are pretty shallow.

Yes, we all want to make money, and I dont know a band that wouldnt like to make some serious coin, but look at all the thousands or bands out there who toil away year after year barely making any money and have to do other jobs to survive. The reason they keep going is for the love of the music.

Also, look at bands out there who live in obscurity for years and one day get their big break.

Sounds to me like Cinder Road were only in the business to make money, and thats it.

How many great bands have to self release their albums? How many great bands have to self promote their albums or their tours?

With the likes of Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and the internet communities its actually easier and cheaper to self promote yourself than it was for guys in the 80s or 90s.

Hell, its a lot easier and cheaper to self release than it was years ago as well.

I'm not being funny, but if the reason they are quitting is cause they aint making enough money, then they are pretty shallow.

Yes, we all want to make money, and I dont know a band that wouldnt like to make some serious coin, but look at all the thousands or bands out there who toil away year after year barely making any money and have to do other jobs to survive. The reason they keep going is for the love of the music.

Also, look at bands out there who live in obscurity for years and one day get their big break.

Sounds to me like Cinder Road were only in the business to make money, and thats it.

How many great bands have to self release their albums? How many great bands have to self promote their albums or their tours?

With the likes of Facebook, Myspace, Twitter and the internet communities its actually easier and cheaper to self promote yourself than it was for guys in the 80s or 90s.

Hell, its a lot easier and cheaper to self release than it was years ago as well.

My only reply to this is that technically Cinder Road has released more than one self financed release (some under the name PLUNGE). Their self financed releases are what got them signed in the first place. Hard to say these guys haven't given it their all. They have played in numerous bands over the years. Everyone on this site knows talent is only part of the equation... luck plays a huge part. There are not too many bands that actually get signed twice... in fact, there aren't that many that get signed once. I guess they feel providing for their families is important.

I'm sure all the guys will continue with music in some way or another.. there is more than one way to make a living in the music industry.

Sad news. Two great albums. I think in the end I probably preferred the 2nd one. As Dave says, though, 3 great discs if you include Plunge. I, for one, will certainly miss these guys. :(