any comment?

Hi guys,

I got a reply from this seller:

"Hi there!

This is a proper factory pressed CD not a cd-r.

The label is Big time.

Best wishes/Per"

Who of you is going to be the first to order ??

:P

Re: this particular seller, he has pictured the Scandinavian version of the STAGE DOLLS disc but - from his response above - he is clearly selling the U.S version. I'd recommend asking for a scanned pic of his copy, then we'll see if it's genuine. Also he mentions it's 'USED' but in the auction it says 'still sealed'. All a bit confusing...

Can anyone upload scans of the stage dolls-commandos disc, I already have mine and am convinced it is a bootleg.

The seller signed his responses as PER.

Now look at this:

"The recordings for their next album ’Commandos’ started in the fall 1985.Their record-guru Per Alm had moved to Grappa Rec. in the meantime and Stage Dolls followed him there.The release showed that the band had improved significantly in terms of arranging and trying out new ideas. Great songs all through the album with a majestetic sound.For many fans this is the rockalbum of the 80’s.It peaked at no.5 in the Norwegian charts and set the band up as the most popular rockband in Norway in 1986. By now they started to get attention abroad.The album was released in the US by BigTime Records and the title track ’Commandos’ gained considerable airplay on college-radio."

Looks like a legit to me.

Hi guys,

"Hi there!

The label is Big time.

Best wishes/Per"

Just to clarify,

are you guys talking about the otc_4_me (0) Minnesota seller, or the skivsthlm Swedish seller which has shitload of same CD on eBay stores for $29.99 buy now?

Hi guys,

"Hi there!

The label is Big time.

Best wishes/Per"

Just to clarify,

are you guys talking about the otc_4_me (0) Minnesota seller, or the skivsthlm Swedish seller which has shitload of same CD on eBay stores for $29.99 buy now?

I am talking about the one in Sweden. I thought he was the one who send his responce to one of TIM's inquiries..

Okay, just wanted to clarify because the topic originally was for otc_4_me (0) seller from MN and someone may think he's the legit seller you're referring as Per Anderssen here.

I have only one question:

"Well we got these from a warehouse in USA.Its an original factory pressed CD and it looks good to me.

Best wishes/Per"

If they found a shitload of Commandos in a warehouse, I would assume all of them are sealed...but on the e-bay auction $29.99 he says "..item is in excellent condition.."..

Can anyone explain to me how can all of these CDs be in excellent condition and not sealed? And if they are in fact still sealed and new, why doesn't he use it as a selling tool?

No one knows the answers to those questions. They may have been shipped to them w/o jewels to save shipping, they may be originally not shrinkwrapped, etc.

What interests me more is what this "warehouse" is, because the major ones on wholesale lists are frequented by most eBay power-sellers and surely there would be other people picking it up too. The logic dictates that a person located in Sweden must have found US warehouse on the internet, and that cannot pass unnoticed in my opinion, as I'm sure there are at least 20 collectors punching the words "stage dolls commandos" in google every day...

We shall know when first guinea pig jumps the gun and spends $29.99 plus whatever shipping :)

Looks like we have a guinnea pig on otc_4_me's auctions named galupy111. I wonder if he's even considered that these are probably boots, or not even real. He's bid on damn near every one too ;) Unless, of course, it's shill bid <_<

Looks like we have a guinnea pig on otc_4_me's auctions named galupy111. I wonder if he's even considered that these are probably boots, or not even real. He's bid on damn near every one too  ;)  Unless, of course, it's shill bid  <_<

How could it be shill bid if there's no other bidder :) ,

I think this guy is just some naive buyer who is soon to discover the bad news...

Here is the email I got from otc_4_me when I asked him about all the rare CDs he is selling:

"Hi, They are all original pressings. I have been collecting hard rock and aor cds since 1990. I don't take paypal for this reason www.paypalsucks.com"

Guest Mediaab
the seller's actually selling alegitimate copy of stage dolls - commandos and not the bootleg u.s pressing. :)

Regarding Commandos US pressing, I have heard from a few sources close to the band that there were only very few copies pressed, and they never even got to the stores before the contract broke with Big time (this label got bankrupt) Judging from various pictures I've seen, the copies that are sold for up to $30 are pirates:

* the printing is blurred, signs of a bad copy

* too many available

* on these copies, the yellow background print on the disc itself goes all the way up to the inner hole of the disc, on the original Big time cd this yellow colour stops about half an inch before the center hole.

So I'd say it is pretty safe to assume that these cheap copies are just pirates, of less good quality. If you get a copy from 'skivsthlm' or whoever is selling these, you should be able easily to see that the quality of the printing is bad.