Crashdiet: "The Savage Playground" review (Hardrock Haven)

Crashdiet: "The Savage Playground" was easily one of my most anticipated releases of 2013. Did the boys knock it out of the park yet again...or is it a bitter disappointment? To check out my review, click the link below to head over to Hardrock Haven.

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2013/02/crashdiet-the-savage-playground-cd-review/

I'll say this much...it's no "Rest in Sleaze" or "Generation Wild."

A wee bit harsh me thinks.

Oh and Hershey's tastes like puke. Fact.

Hmmmmm...and here I was thinking I had cut them quite a bit of slack. I gave them a 7.5 rating, called it a solid hard rock album, and pointed out several classic Crashdiet tunes. But having spun this a half-dozen times or so now, I stand by my opinion--and it's only that, my opinion--that this is a disappointment compared to other Crashdiet albums.

A pretty bang on review, sounds like what pretty much any fan of Crashdiet is saying and thinking.

Ha ha what you mean us 10 dudes on here? Go on the Crashdiet forum & everyone thinks its the best thing since sliced bread ;-)

Hmmmmm...and here I was thinking I had cut them quite a bit of slack. I gave them a 7.5 rating, called it a solid hard rock album, and pointed out several classic Crashdiet tunes. But having spun this a half-dozen times or so now, I stand by my opinion--and it's only that, my opinion--that this is a disappointment compared to other Crashdiet albums.

Spinning an album 6 times is really not much to review an album. Nothing will change the production but these tracks are really good Crasdiet songs IMO. Massive growers - apart the last 2 which are a huge mistake - one being too long and the bonus track is pants. The main 12 tracks though are all goodies in my book :-)

As you say though it's all opinions. I doubt I'll be laying a rating on this until the summer though - I know u have pressure to get the review out so I fully understand that.

Spinning an album 6 times is really not much to review an album. Nothing will change the production but these tracks are really good Crasdiet songs IMO. Massive growers - apart the last 2 which are a huge mistake - one being too long and the bonus track is pants. The main 12 tracks though are all goodies in my book :-)

As you say though it's all opinions. I doubt I'll be laying a rating on this until the summer though - I know u have pressure to get the review out so I fully understand that.

Honestly, I rarely get a chance to spin an album more than 3 or 4 times before writing a review; that just comes with the territory when writing reviews for a website, where you have time demands for publication. I gave Crashdiet more spins than most simply because I am a HUGE fan and wanted to make sure I did them justice while also honoring my responsibility to truthfully judge an album. Just the fact that everyone is talking about how much of a grower this album indicates to me that "The Savage Playground" is subpar to earlier Crashdiet efforts, because "Rest in Sleaze" and "Generation Wild" didn't need to grow on you at all--they were immediately kickass.

• My Little Pony

Oi, give the American a break. They're not privileged to quality chocolate on every store shelf. Even Cadbury's is drastically different over here.

• My Little Pony

A pretty bang on review, sounds like what pretty much any fan of Crashdiet is saying and thinking.

I agree. Well done, Mark. You must've been excited to review the new "Crasdiet," as Glen quite appropriately called them, but now find yourself in front of the firing squad.

I agree. Well done, Mark. You must've been excited to review the new "Crasdiet," as Glen quite appropriately called them, but now find yourself in front of the firing squad.

Firing squad lmao. I only said it was a tad harsh. Man up people ;-)

As for Hershey's, merely stating the truth.

• My Little Pony

Firing squad lmao. I only said it was a tad harsh. Man up people ;-)

The "firing squad" wasn't referring to you, or anyone else here, but to any "hardcore" and irrational fans that I'm sure will read his review.

And, while I agree with you on Hershey's, I merely suggested you can't fault him for his ignorance. ;}

Firing squad lmao. I only said it was a tad harsh. Man up people. ;-)

Don't worry, I've received much harsher criticism than anything Glen is gonna throw at me (I think). And he is entirely entitled to his opinion that I was too harsh on Crashdiet...even if he's wrong. :poke:

The new Crashdiet album is terrible compared to their previous outings. Didn't even need to listen to it 6 times to come up with that opinion. I only downloaded one track off the whole thing.

I'm now loving the new disc. Sure it's not as good as the others but i would never refer to it as terrible.

Exactly Wes. Anyone who listens to this once and dismisses it is really missing out. These songs really get to you.