Fat Freddy

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

134_08_26_2008_10_39_37_deliv.jpg

It's finally happening folks!!

At long last, Deliverance's two most sought-after releases -- the classic self-titled debut album (1989) and the absolutely essential WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE (1990) -- will be reissued this Fall in special digi-paks by Retroactive Records (home of Titanic, Final Axe, Ultimatum, and lots of other Christian metal goodies). Tentative release date is this October, and as you can see, they've spruced up the cover art on the self-titled for the re-issue. Both discs will be remastered, will feature several (as yet undetermined) bonus tracks, and will include liner notes by No Life Til Metal web master/Ultimatum lead vocalist/major Deliverance fan Scott Waters.

More details (hopefully) soon!!

I'm a happy camper because this means I can finally throw away my copy of KMG Records' cheap-ass P.O.S. "2-on-1" reissue of these two discs (with two of my favorite tracks missing from the running order!) that I've had to put up with for the last eight or nine years. :banana:

excelente gracias :whistle:

the re-issues are worth every penny imho. The sound is a huge improvement over the originals. I am normally so-so on re-releases but these are excellent. I would second getting them from the end. One of the cheapest places to get them (and most of the other retroactive releases as well)...

Alex

• My Little Pony
the re-issues are worth every penny imho. The sound is a huge improvement over the originals. I am normally so-so on re-releases but these are excellent. I would second getting them from the end. One of the cheapest places to get them (and most of the other retroactive releases as well)...

Alex

What is THE END? I think I've got the wrong site.

Alex

http://www.theomegaorder.com/

The end records mailorder

Alex

• My Little Pony

Alex

http://www.theomegaorder.com/

The end records mailorder

Alex

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some holiday $$ to burn so I plan on finally ordering these two reissues from CDBaby.com when I get home tonight... The End mailorder has'em slightly cheaper than CDBaby, but after a quick check of their site it looks like the S/T is out of stock at the moment and I've waited too long to get these discs already, I want'em NOW dammit!

• My Little Pony

I think you can get them from www.divinemetaldistro.com

All discs are 20% off with $2 flat shipping anywhere.

Thanx for the tip... will check them out. Never tried that site before.

Just for giggles I checked the discs out on CM Distro too, their prices on'em are comparable with The End's, but they must be on Christmas vacation or something...the site sez anything ordered today will begin shipping on January 12th... screw that!

*EDIT* Just checked Divine Metal Distro and it looks like they've got the best price so they'll be getting my $$ for these bad boys... thanks again for the tip, KarpetRyd!

Thanx for the tip... will check them out. Never tried that site before.

Just for giggles I checked the discs out on CM Distro too, their prices on'em are comparable with The End's, but they must be on Christmas vacation or something...the site sez anything ordered today will begin shipping on January 12th... screw that!

*EDIT* Just checked Divine Metal Distro and it looks like they've got the best price so they'll be getting my $$ for these bad boys... thanks again for the tip, KarpetRyd!

the end is on vacation too until jan 5. Divine distro a very reliable place to get them from. I recommend them over radrockers/girder and like. You wont be disappointed with the cds either. Great stuff!

After doing much comparison shopping amongst various sites I've decided that I will indeed place my order with Divine Metal Distro for the "D" reissues. Looks like those will be my first two CDs of 2009. Thanks for the tips fellas. :tumbsup:

Just ordered them Deliverance bad boys from Divine Metal Distro... now I shall camp out by the mail box waiting for 'em to arrive.

Just ordered them Deliverance bad boys from Divine Metal Distro...now I shall camp out by the mail box waiting for 'em to arrive.

I also decided to give Divine Metal Distro a shot last night and ordered the "Weapons of our Warfare" reissue. Guess that makes two of us that'll be pitching a tent by the mailbox waiting for our "Weapons" to come. Uh, wait a minute, that sounds kind of lewd...

I also decided to give Divine Metal Distro a shot last night and ordered the "Weapons of our Warfare" reissue. Guess that makes two of us that'll be pitching a tent by the mailbox waiting for our "Weapons" to come. Uh, wait a minute, that sounds kind of lewd...

I decided to hold off on camping out by the mailbox today because it's snowing like a sum-b*tch out there right now. So you're on your own. :)

I decided to hold off on camping out by the mailbox today because it's snowing like a sum-b*tch out there right now. So you're on your own. :)

Sissy. You are not troo metal.

I only camp out in the snow when I'm waiting for a troo Norwegian frost bitten kult blakk mettle CD...

I only camp out in the snow when I'm waiting for a troo Norwegian frost bitten kult blakk mettle CD...

Is that the photo you sent me of you shivering in the blizzard wearing nothing but a greasy loin cloth and covered in steaming entrails as you used your teeth to tear still-gushing hunks of hot flesh from the goat carcass you had freshly-slaughtered with a knife made from sharpened stone? Wonder what the postman thinks when he pulls up to your mailbox...

Is that the photo you sent me of you shivering in the blizzard wearing nothing but a greasy loin cloth and covered in steaming entrails as you used your teeth to tear still-gushing hunks of hot flesh from the goat carcass you had freshly-slaughtered with a knife made from sharpened stone? Wonder what the postman thinks when he pulls up to your mailbox...

Usually he just pulls up in his truck, chucks the mail out the driver's side window and then speeds away quickly. :lol:

Usually he just pulls up in his truck, chucks the mail out the driver's side window and then speeds away quickly. :lol:

You're lucky he even slows down at all. If I were him, I'd keep my foot on the gas and do a drive-by mail delivery.

But seriously folks... the Deliverance reissues arrived in today's mail. :banana: I haven't had time to listen to'em yet but the packaging is very impressive, the layouts are nice, there are cool liner notes by Ultimatum lead singer/major Deliverance fanboy Scott "No Life Til Metal" Waters, and for those of you who are anti-digipak, the copies I received were not digi's but regular jewel case CDs.

Can't wait to give these puppies a test drive tomorrow!! :beerbang:

• My Little Pony
But seriously folks... the Deliverance reissues arrived in today's mail. :banana: I haven't had time to listen to'em yet but the packaging is very impressive, the layouts are nice, there are cool liner notes by Ultimatum lead singer/major Deliverance fanboy Scott "No Life Til Metal" Waters, and for those of you who are anti-digipak, the copies I received were not digi's but regular jewel case CDs.

Can't wait to give these puppies a test drive tomorrow!! :beerbang:

What? That quick? How many days was that?

But seriously folks...the Deliverance reissues arrived in today's mail. I haven't had time to listen to'em yet but the packaging is very impressive, the layouts are nice...and for those of you who are anti-digipak, the copies I received were not digi's but regular jewel case CDs.

Lucky you. Mine still hasn't come, even though we ordered 'em on the same day. Guess that's what I get for living up here in the boonies. The mountain goat the postman uses to make his deliveries probably got sick or something...

What? That quick? How many days was that?

I placed the order Tuesday night... got'em Saturday. Not bad considering that in the middle of that was a holiday (New Year's Day) with no mail delivery.

I am very pleased with Divine Metal Distro's service and will be using them again. :banger:

OK, so I've been obsessively spinning these two reissues all day so far and I'm lovin'em. The remastering really bumps up the sound quality, the new art and layout is cool, they look killer, sound amazing, this pair of CDs was a great kick-off for 2009. :beerbang:

It was also a great relief to finally send that damn KMG Records 2-on-1 "reissue" compilation of these two albums off to the retirement home!!

Lucky you. Mine still hasn't come, even though we ordered 'em on the same day. Guess that's what I get for living up here in the boonies. The mountain goat the postman uses to make his deliveries probably got sick or something...

Didja get your disc yet, Mark? If so, whatd'ja think??