Driver - Son of Thunder

Mullethead

More melodic metal but I am jamming to the cd right now & it's pretty awesome! Check it out!

Reunited '80s melodic heavy rock band DRIVER — featuring powerhouse vocalist Rob Rock (IMPELLITTERI, JOSHUA, WARRIOR, AVANTASIA, AXEL RUDI PELL) and acclaimed guitarist/producer Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, HALFORD, JUDAS PRIEST, SEBASTIAN BACH, ROB ROCK, TRIBE OF GYPSIES, HELLOWEEN) — will release its debut album, "Sons Of Thunder", on September 26 via Metal Heaven.

DRIVER issued a widely circulated five-song cassette EP demo in 1990 that garnered the band a dedicated worldwide following as well as attained cult status as one of the most underrated hard rock acts of its time. Since then, Rock and Roy Z have forged ahead to garner long successful careers in the music business. 2008 saw the reunion of the band which resulted in the recordings of the aforementioned CD.

DRIVER is:

Rob Rock - Vocals

Roy Z - Guitars

Reynold "Butch" Carlson - Drums

Ed Roth - Keyboards

Aaron Samson - Bass

"Sons Of Thunder" track listing:

01. Titans of Speed

02. I'm a Warrior (mp3 clip)

03. Fly Away

04. Heart's on Fire

05. Sons of Thunder

06. Never Give Up (mp3 clip)

07. Change of Heart (mp3 clip)

08. Dark World

09. Winds of March

10. Only Love Can Save Me Now

11. Tears That I Cry

12. I Believe in Love

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What's better...Driver or Fires of Babylon?

Driver by far....the FoB had Rob Rock's voice mixed way too low. I also did not think the music on FoB was all that great.

Gotta back up what Alex said. Driver destroys Fires of Babylon like a Tyranosaurus Rex destroying a helpless herbivore. Both bands serve up the metal, but Driver does it waaaaay better. Fires of Babylon, in addition to not properly utilizing Rock's vocals, suffers from banal songs. I would gladly pay full price for Driver, but wouldn't take Fires of Babylon even if it was free.

Driver by far....the FoB had Rob Rock's voice mixed way too low. I also did not think the music on FoB was all that great.

Gotta back up what Alex said. Driver destroys Fires of Babylon like a Tyranosaurus Rex destroying a helpless herbivore. Both bands serve up the metal, but Driver does it waaaaay better. Fires of Babylon, in addition to not properly utilizing Rock's vocals, suffers from banal songs. I would gladly pay full price for Driver, but wouldn't take Fires of Babylon even if it was free.

yep totally agreed

Yep, totally agreed.

That's because you worship me and my opinions.

I have to agree. But I think the Original Driver EP has more charm than Son of thunder :bananamac: and there are other versions of warrior that is much better than the one on Son of thunder.

I have to agree. But I think the Original Driver EP has more charm than Son of thunder :bananamac: and there are other versions of warrior that is much better than the one on Son of thunder.

well you can kinda tell where the original driver material ended and new stuff starts. There are so many versions of Warrior I cant keep them straight anymore :crazy:

Alex