DOKKEN gig in New Jersey

Fat Freddy

Figures... I just found out about this today, got all excited cuz this place is only about 20 minutes from me, then I find out it's on a Wednesday night... :doh: Weeknight gigs are NO good for me (dang wife and kids!), so I'm gonna have to pass.

But if anyone else in this area might be interested...

dokken-pic.jpg

DOKKEN is playin' at "Dexter's Entertainment Complex" this coming Wednesday (August 6th) ... the club is located in a strip mall on Rt. 23 North in Riverdale... supposed to be a nice place, haven't been able to check it out for myself yet (KIX played this same venue back in June)

Opening acts are TNA and Ray West's Hostel Inc. (?) and the whole enchilada is hosted by Eddie Trunk of VH1 Classic fame...

Further info here: http://www.dextersentertainment.com/online/aug6.htm

tna.jpg

Hostel_Inc.jpg

Sounds good, but I will be hearing the soothing sounds of Priest, Sabbath, Motorhead, and Testament down in Camden at the Susquehanna Bank Center. In fact I was just talking marinades with my compadre.

Kabobs and beers anyone? :woot:

On topic... I did see these guys in Texas, and they fucking sounded great. Levin's unbelievable live. :beerbang:

Sounds good, but I will be hearing the soothing sounds of Priest, Sabbath, Motorhead, and Testament down in Camden at the Susquehanna Bank Center. In fact I was just talking marinades with my compadre.

That sounds like MORE than a fair trade-off to me. :beerbang:

My bro is going to that Priest/H&H show @ the PNC Bank Arts Center... I forget if it's Friday or Saturday night... I hate him. :angry:

Kabobs and beers anyone? :woot:

On topic... I did see these guys in Texas, and they fucking sounded great. Levin's unbelievable live. :beerbang:

I'm going to the Priest, H&H show on the 19th in Chicago. Let me know how it was.

My bro is going to that Priest/H&H show @ the PNC Bank Arts Center... I forget if it's Friday or Saturday night... I hate him. :angry:

What?? that Bastard didn't get YOU a ticket?? Yea He needs to die.. OR at the very least walk with a limp for a few days..... :angry:

What?? that Bastard didn't get YOU a ticket?? Yea He needs to die.. OR at the very least walk with a limp for a few days..... :angry:

Haha, when the Priest/Heaven & Hell tix went on sale he did call me and ask if I wanted "in" but I didn't have the $$ to spare... and hey, remember he bought me a Maiden ticket for my birthday, I can't really ask him to do that more than once. :banana:

Haha, when the Priest/Heaven & Hell tix went on sale he did call me and ask if I wanted "in" but I didn't have the $$ to spare... and hey, remember he bought me a Maiden ticket for my birthday, I can't really ask him to do that more than once. :banana:

Yea, this is true Bro.. He was nice enough to pick you up an Iron Maiden ticket, can't hope for something like that twice in one year eh??? :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, I just passed by this club (Dexter's) again today on my way home from the store and they have a big banner out front that sez Great White will be playing there in September. I'm assuming that they're going to leave the fireworks at home. :blink:

If anyone's interested, I just passed by this club (Dexter's) again today on my way home from the store and they have a big banner out front that sez Great White will be playing there in September. I'm assuming that they're going to leave the fireworks at home. :blink:

Ouch!! :)

I was going to say "Bet it'll be a hot show," but decided to be nice.

I was going to say "Bet it'll be a hot show," but decided to be nice.

I'm sure no matter how big or small the venue is they will never use any pyrotechnics at any show.

But for the record those were just sparklers and not real big pyro, even though they shouldn't of been used in the first place but the material on the wall is what made it even worse.

I'm sure no matter how big or small the venue is they will never use any pyrotechnics at any show.

But for the record those were just sparklers and not real big pyro, even though they shouldn't of been used in the first place but the material on the wall is what made it even worse.

Yea, I realize that. I was just being a prick. :lol: I'm feelin' saucy today.

To be honest I haven't really cared about Great White since..... "Hooked"?? And that I only listened to a handful of times when I got it over 15 years ago I think..... :whistle:

Now the older Great White?? Like.. "Once Bitten"?? HELL Yea!!!! :headbanger:

"Let it Rock"(1996) is one of my fav GW albums and even though "Can't Get there from Here"(1999) is full of mid tempo songs and ballads I still played the hell out of it. Their album from last year was real good too.

• 2023 Gold Donors

...they're lucky they're not in the steel bar motel.

Was never a big "Great White" fan,except their debut and a few assorted tunes like "Face The Day" and "Desert Moon"...the latter unfortunately being the song they were playing when the place lit up...Why any band thinks they need to use flamepots,fireworks or pyrotechnics in a "club" setting boggles my mind.Let your music do the talking...

To be honest I haven't really cared about Great White since..... "Hooked"?? And that I only listened to a handful of times when I got it over 15 years ago I think..... :whistle:

Now the older Great White?? Like.. "Once Bitten"?? HELL Yea!!!! :headbanger:

"Let it Rock"(1996)

"Can't Get there from Here"(1999)

Two very good albums by the band for sure!

• 6 months later...

Bumpin' an oldie here to mention that the concert venue discussed in this thread "Dexter's" closed its doors for good at the end of February. Shoot, and I never even got a chance to go to a show there... I suppose that's what happens when you only book national acts in the middle of the week :doh:

Bumpin' an oldie here to mention that the concert venue discussed in this thread "Dexter's" closed its doors for good at the end of February. Shoot, and I never even got a chance to go to a show there... I suppose that's what happens when you only book national acts in the middle of the week :doh:

I hate when that happens... We just had a new Rock bar open in my area about a month or two ago. I know they have live bands on the weekends. I guess I should get out there, I'm not sure how long the place will be able to stay afloat..

Isn't Dexter's the place that KIX played about a year ago in Jersey?

Isn't Dexter's the place that KIX played about a year ago in Jersey?

Yep, Kix played there, Great White also did a gig there last year, and so did Trixter. The problem seemed to be, to me anyway, that the "national" acts played there on weeknights (I realize it's probably cheaper to book them for a weeknight than a Friday or Saturday, but still...), and the weekends were the same ol' crapola cover bands that play every other Jersey watering hole. Oh well. I heard it was a nice place. Maybe someone will take it over in the near future.